Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Sweetheart Goal!

i did 1.75miles on the elliptical yesterday and 1.35miles on it today.

HOWEVER, that being said, i am doing a 2008 challenge, "A YEAR OF MILES"....so the elliptical total goes towards that for me.

the "A YEAR OF MILES" 2008 challenge means 365 miles in 365 days. its a goal that i have one year to accomplish.

it began on jan 1 and ends on dec 31.

so, i kinda get the motivation to work towards 2 goals this way! :)

the miles go towards my "Year of Miles" challenge, and it helps me lose weight in "The Sweetheart Goal".

oh, i got my 4th fill today and i'm now at 5cc (in a 10cc band) and holy moly i think i finally hit my "sweet spot"! i now actually have restriction! i just hope it sticks! i lost some of my 2nd fill, but have kept all the others.

how much are you exercising AND what about ya'lls fills? how many fills and what cc are ya'll up to?

xoxo, christie

Hazeleyegrl

I have have had 4 fills with a total of 6cc in my 10cc band. I feel pretty good restriction right now, but not as much as I did right after my last fill. I guess is has relaxed a little since then.

I posted my exercise with my food log for today. How many minutes do you do the elliptical? Do you go to the gym or do you have one at home? I bought one a few months ago and cancelled my gym membership. I've noticed that mine is a lot harder than the ones at the gym. I have a Nordic Track AudioStrider.

Glad you're joining us! I was just updating my "signature line" and I still have one more challenge to add, but i'm thinking that its getting to be a lil too much of a signature line! lol.

i have also recently joined the Jan - Summer 2008 Challenge...my goal for that is to lose 33 lbs between now and june 1st....so, if i lose this 14lbs by vday then i'll be almost half way there!!! with plenty of time to spare!!!

really going to try to push hard and meet or beat the "sweetheart goal" and happy to have this goal to help me achieve my other more long term goals!

mini goals rock!

someone had mentioned an Easter Goal after we complete the "Sweetheart Goal" and i think that would be AWESOME!

its the small steps that we take now, that will get us to our goal...then we'll turn around from taking all the small steps, look back, and realize that we've all come a very long way!

GEORGIA GIRL, i also have a nordic trak elliptical and i use it at home in the garage....where i can crank up the radio and just go for it!

i don't have a gym membership, i have cancelled that some time back bc it just wasn't feasible....i hated leaving my now 5yr old son in their childcare center for an extra $15 a month. it was clean and safe, but home is free.

originally i was walking 3miles a day a few times a week, but then when it got colder outside i kinda stopped the walking altogether, then for christmas i got the elliptical on the deal of a lifetime and i just had to have it, had heard great things about it.

i love and hate my elliptical at the same time! lol. i love alot of things about it, mainly only hate the part where i get BORED from staring at the same thing on the wall all the time. lol. i've actually started to turn it toward a different wall everynow and then just bc i found myself stopping my workout more out of boredom then out of exhaustion when i knew i could've kept going.

oh, and to answer your other question, i don't really base my workout on the elliptical on time so much as i do distance....but thats bc of my "YEAR OF MILES" challenge. i have to keep up with the miles for that.

last night it took me 45minutes to complete 1.75miles....and i know it sounds like i didn't go very far for that long of time, but i am working out with a resistance pattern so some of it is harder then others.

xoxo, christie

ps - sorry, i know i am long winded...lol. didn't mean to write you a novel.

I just joined the Jan - Summer 2008 challenge too. My goal is to lose 38 lbs by then.

I really think we should keep on doing these mini challenges. Even after easter, we could do Memorial Day, Independence Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and even Christmas (maybe that will keep us motivated through the holidays).

I really wanted to have lost all of my excess weight in a year after being banded, and I think this will make it a lot easier and keep me motivated all throughout the year!

Christie

I can't go for 45 minutes on the elliptical right now. I like to break my exercise up throughout the day. I am a SAHM, so it's easy for me to find time in between naps. When we play outside, I like to jump rope or walk or just run around and play with my son.

I don't know what it is about my elliptical. It's weird because, at the gym, I could go for almost an hour. The one at the gym didn't have the arms that go back and forth and it was a totally different stride feel. I guess I'm just going to have to get used to it.

dont feel bad! at first i could do 10minutes and i felt like i was DYING! lol...i had to really build up to it. it took me a couple of weeks and now i really can't believe that i am able to past 1mile.....its an incredible feeling of accomplishment.

i hope that over time i'll be able to get 2miles in at a time and really feel like i probably am not that far from that. i need to put in more then 1mile a day to meet my goal because i know that there will be times when i'm sick or on vacation that will make me fall behind....actually, today is day 16 and i'm already behind....but i'm hoping to catch up soon, which is why i've pushed myself past 1mile a day recently.

you will build up to it. i am also a sahm and my hubby works nights. usually when he leaves for work and my son is in bed i go in the garage and crank up the sterio and just go for it.

now don't think i'm weird, but i feel like whenever i just close my eyes and get in the zone i do alot better then if i'm staring at the timer/mileage constantly. so i try to just close my eyes often and listen to music. plus, i know that a song usually last about 3.5minutes, so i know after a song or two i will look up to see how far i've gone....just a lil trick i've picked up recently...maybe that will help you out.

xoxo, christie

I haven't lost but a pound in the last month and I'm really nervous about this challenge. That's why I tried to bump up my cardio some. I also started working out on our weight machine. Maybe if I build a little more muscle, that would help too!

i went to the dr. today for my 4th fill and imagine my disappointment when i had only lost 5lbs in the past month! and thats with me working my tail off on the elliptical daily!

my thought was that hopefully this 4th fill will help, and also us supporting each other with different tips, tricks, etc of what works for us.

plus, just having each other as accountability partners is really helping me.

i have one female question that i've been Dying to ask but didn't want to offend anyone.

today whenever i weighed, was also the 1st day of my period....so i'm wondering about how much i may REALLY weigh, considering the extra retention from my menstraul cycle.

i've heard that some women gain anywhere from 5-10 lbs during their monthly cycle, and i am HOPING and PRAYING that next week i'll see a bigger loss bc of this.

what do you think? i really thought that i'd be in the 220's by now...and i didn't care if it was 229, i just wanted that so bad...and then the scale said 230.9 and i immediately was disappointed.

xoxo, christie

I'm usually a few pounds heavier when mother nature hits. I'd say about 2-3 lbs. I can't imagine how bloated I would feel if I retained 10 lbs, lol. I've had a kidney infection and haven't been going to the bathroom as much, so maybe that is part of my problem, I hope so anyway.

It can definitely vary some though.

WELL, IF ITS JUST 1 POUND, TO KNOW THAT I'M AT LEAST 1 POUND LIGHTER THEN 230.9 WOULD MAKE MY DAY!!!

I pushed and worked so hard to just be in the 220's bc i can't even remember the last time i was in the 220's! heck, i weight 236 the day i got married, so i should be happy that i'm smaller now then i was 9 yrs ago. i know. but i still wanted to see that number stop at 220-229.

i will definitely have to go buy those new scales this weekend! this not knowing is killing me.

i think i'm going to try to start weighing myself on the 1day and the last day of my period and just see what type of differece my body has.