Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Sweetheart Goal!

reading the info on the link you gave us, i kinda feel like i'm pretty much close to being on the Atkins diet already.

i steer clear of most WHITE products, ie; bread, rice, Pasta, and all sodas and i'm constantly watching my carbs.

i also like to try to eat the "negative" calorie typed vegies and of course, i get in my Protein and daily multi Vitamin.

i do slip every blue moon, but think its ok to treat yourself on occasion as long as i don't overdo it.

with that being said, i think im gonna pass on the atkins challenge and just work on the challenges i have going on right now. 1 more challenge and i'm scared i'll go on challenge overload and give up! lol.....

i'm currently in 3 or 4 challenges....lol...see, i can't even remember the exact number. there's this "sweetheart goal", then the "year of miles" challenge, and i'm also in a jan-june challenge as well.

perhaps when i complete or get closer to completing my 14lbs on THIS goal then i will try something new. i just don't want to run myself ragged worrying about meeting or beating THAT many challenges/goals at once.

THANKS for including us in the invite though and please keep em coming! there may be something else out there that we haven't tried yet or something that just sparks my attention.

xoxo, christie

Just updating my stats!

"Sweetheart Goal"

HAZELEYEGRL1

starting weight: 233.0

current weight: 226.5

DOWN So Far: 7.5 lbs.

LBS. TO GO: 6.5 lbs.

GEORGIA GIRL

starting weight: 275

current weight: 268

DOWN So Far: 7 lbs

LBS. TO GO: 7 lbs

I'm half way there!

you go girl! that is awesome! anyone else have stats to add to this thread? if so, please feel free to add them. if not, we're still here supporting everyone!

xoxo, christie

UPDATED STATS:

"Sweetheart Goal"

HAZELEYEGRL1

starting weight: 233.0

current weight: 225.5

DOWN So Far: 8.5 lbs.

LBS. TO GO: 5.5 lbs.

GEORGIA GIRL

starting weight: 275

current weight: 268

DOWN So Far: 7 lbs

LBS. TO GO: 7 lbs

Hazeleyegrl,

I've been watching my carbs too, so I've pretty much already been doing it for the most part. I also stay away from all the white stuff, so I'm not really sticking to the induction phase to the T, but I'm just vowing to keep watching the carbs, like I have been already. It seems to be working so I'll keep it up for a while.

Well, I blew it tonight! My sister had a bridal shower at church tonight and I ate some things I shouldn't have. There was all kinds of sweets there. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day. I did manage to exercise today, I did step aerobics for 20 minutes.

i've been fighting this cold/flu bug for the past couple of days and i haven't managed to exercise since like saturday afternoon! plus tonight, i got something seriously stuck and I WISHED I COULD PB it!!! but that never happened, eventually it went down but the pain and discomfort!!! and i chewed really well, i think i just had one bite too much and that was it!

since being filled to 5cc i am SUPER TIGHT and part of me likes it bc the scales are going down and i'm mostly on a liquid diet until dinner time bc i just can't seem to get much down until mid-late afternoon.....but, my hubby fears that i'll stay sick longer if i can't get in enough nutrition....so, i'm doubling up on my multi-viatmins for now.

seems like we're all having a tough time here and there, but there's still plenty of time before Vday! thank goodness!

xoxo, christie

Hazeleyegrl, I've heard some people say that their band gets tighter when they are sick or stressed. Maybe that's why you got stuck today? I've never PBed and I hope I never do.

I ordered something online called chewable Super Papaya Enzyme Plus from Puritan's Pride to use in case I ever do get stuck. I've heard several bandsters say that it helps break the food down so it will go down. I also heard that if you take a sip of pineapple juice, it will help break down the food. I have both. I have pineapple juice at home and I carry the papaya enzymes in my purse.

Well, I did pretty good today with the food, however, I did not exercise today. I just have not had any energy this week. I hope it passes because I need to exercise in order to be consistant with the weight loss.

Here's what I had today:

B'fast- low carb slim fast

lunch- small can of tuna with mayo

snack- hunk of muenster cheese

Dinner- soy burger patty w/ mayo and cheese

here was my menu for the day: (what i ate)

brkfast: 1oz Atkins Protein shake mixed w/ 3oz 1% skim milk

lunch: 16oz bottled Water

dinner: 10oz watered down sweet tea and 1 pintos n cheese (tacobell)

yea so i shouldn't have done the taco bell....BUT, bc we have church on wednesday night, i almost never cook on wednesday nights...theres just too much going on to take the time out to cook on wed nights.

haven't weighed today since the scale was misreading, but hubby got it straightened out...apprarently it was sitting in the crease of the ceramic tile flow and was reading improperly....much to my dismay, since it was weighing me like 30# lighter!! lol.

xoxo, christie

Well, I got on the scales this morning and I am up a pound. It's my TOM, so I'm going to blame it on that. GRRRR, that irritates me. I've really gotta start exercising more.

Hazeleyegrl, how's the cold? Hope you are better.

the cold is a teeny tiny bit better, but i still have a miserable cough. its getting better,but still haven't exercised....getting hott makes the cough worse, so i'm just chillin til i'm better.

ok, so i went and had a full inch cut off my hair yesterday, i have thick hair....and so i was thinking....i wonder how much all that hair weighs...LOL....i know, i might be getting a lil carried away...but serious, i was wondering that....and thinking to myself....ohhh i bet it weighs at least a pound...hair can be heavy ya know. then i decided that was overkill and it probably only weighed 1/2 a lb. so i decided that from now on, right before i go to my weight loss surgeon appt's, i'll go have 1/2 an inch or more cut off the day or so before hand, ya know, help boost myself up when the scales read even less...lol....ya'll laughing at me yet??? i was sooooo serious in this thinking! lol...now i'm laughing at myself.

so i got on the scales this morning bound and determined to see at least a 1/2 - 1lb weight loss from my haircut alone...lol....imagine my surprise when i weigh the same as yesterday! 224.0 and holding.

now c'mon....hair has GOT to weigh something....its not weightless! but a full inch...i mean, i'm surprised that it wasn't at least a 1/4 of a pound...lol...something, anything...lol.

like i said, i may have been getting a lil carried away with the thinking of haircut ='s weight loss stuff....so don't try that at home or anything, but i thought i'd share that laugh w/ya'll.

xoxo, christie.

oh and ps - imagine the ackward look on my hairdressers face whenever i looked down at the hair on the floor and asked her....about how much do you figure all that hair weighs???

i know that lady probably thought i was nuts....lol...especially bc i didn't go on to explain that i have a lapband! lol...poor lady has no idea WHY on earth i would ask such a weird question. she just shrugged and was like...."uhhhhh, idk".

i tried to cover up with some lame reply like...."well i mean, my head just feels so much lighter, i feel like you cut 5lbs off or something!".....ya'll know it does feel great to get your hair cut.....

anyhow, i just kinda dropped the subject after that.

xoxo, christie

LOL. That's funny!!! I have really thick hair too and I always wait way tooo long on cutting it. It usually looks like there's enough hair on the floor to make a pretty thick wig! Maybe I'll get mine cut on Valentine's Day...... just in case I'm a little shy of meeting my goal, lol.

georgia girl, you are going to surpass that goal girl! you're doing so great at it! look at your over all loss of 62lbs! thats amazing!!!

i remember thinking if i could just get to the 230's i'd be happy....i started out at 264.4.....and now i'm at 224.0 and i can't wait to see the number 200 on the scales!! and then i'll bust my behind to see the 199 show up...ahhh, dreaming about ONE-derland! still seems so far off. i hope i'm at 200 by this june, before our family reunion! they haven't seen me in 2yrs and none of them are aware that i've had the surgery.

i'm thinking that i may tell them - when they ask how i lost the weight - by eating less and exercising more. which in part is truth....but, i know me, ill probably go on to be the natural born lapband sales woman i am! lol.

dr. spivak should hire me in to talk to potential clients! i could sooo tell them what its like just at a 40lb weight loss and the achievement and success you feel. and just overall healthier and lighter step.

i was at church tonight decorating and we had to climb a ladder to hang stuff from the ceiling and a few of the girls were like, "make christie do it, it has a 250 weight limit on it!". it took me a minute to realize thats another NSV! i'm under the weight limit for a rickity old wooden church ladder! lol.

and no, i didn't climb it....i still felt like someone smaller should do it, but mostly bc i hate ladders! but the fact is, I COULD have done it! thats a great feeeling!

xoxo, Christie

keep posting updates and for everyone else in on the "sweetheart goal" please feel free to step in on our lil chats. just our way of staying sane through the huddles and struggles of weight loss. and its been a great tool to get to know each other better as well!

XOXO, christie