Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you absorbing the nutrients you need from your Vitamins?

Email me for info on Vitamins and High Protein shakes and bars!

"If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it."

You created an account, came here as a newbie, and just ran into this thread and you just happen to have information on vitamins and Protein Shakes? You saw this thread on your very first post?

You know, Alex sells advertising here. Just thought you'd want to know.

No no, their very first post was a thing about how they know special Vitamins and to e-mail them about it. This was their 2nd post.

First I would not like to upset anyone with my post. I got the lap band over 11 monthes ago and struggled with Hair loss and other conditions. I found pruducts on my journey that helped me!Thank you for the info on advertizing maybe that is a better way to get people the info! I have found this site and it's info to be so helpful! I would never want to upset anyone.

First I would not like to upset anyone with my post. I got the lap band over 11 monthes ago and struggled with hair loss and other conditions. I found pruducts on my journey that helped me!Thank you for the info on advertizing maybe that is a better way to get people the info! I have found this site and it's info to be so helpful! I would never want to upset anyone.

If you were banded in May, at best you would barely be 10 months out.

Nobody likes a hidden agenda. :thumbdown:

THANKS FOR THE CORRECTION! I had my surgery in Denver Co in the first

part of May. so sorry that I came a cross to you like I had a hidden agenda!

After looking around the site today I see so much about people being upset about how the site is used. I so do not want to add to this problem!

If you have more you would like to say Please email me!

If you're looking for info, or a community to talk about being banded, you're more than welcome. The more the merrier!

But when your first posts are info about Vitamins, to e-mail you for info, it sounds like every other spam mail everyone gets trying to rip you off.

If you really found some special Vitamins that work, why not just say I found Vitamin Flintstone that worked great, you guys should try it.

Instead of every one of your very first posts some self-agenda post to make you some money off of the vulnerability of people looking for help on issues like hair loss?

I just wanted to let you guys know, my nutritionist from Dr. Steinberg's office came and did a lecture on how important the Omega 3 oils were and you could them from eggs, etc. and she suggested the Coromega Fish Oil which comes in the little ketchup packets....I absolutely hate a fishy taste, but I was surprised...the pudding packs (orange)...it's the only type I have tried tastes just like an orange creamsicle.....I swear it has no after taste and you would never, never know it was fish oil. I have taken it every day since I have been banded.....and believe me, if it had any hint of a fish taste, I would not take it. I get mine at GNC in a box of 90....with my 20% discount card, I end up paying $26.00.....thanks

I found some Omega 3 Fish Oil capsules that are pretty tiny. You have to take 2 of them twice a day, but if you're concerned about the size of the regular ones, I got them at Walgreen's.

I figured out that the large ones, although they looked formidable, aren't really that hard to get down. The outer coating is slick. And I am not one who likes to take pills of any kind and I sometimes have problems getting pills down. Not because of the band... I've been this way since I was a child. My mom used to have to crush baby aspirin! Then they invented liquid Tylenol. Oops. I think that's like saying I was here when they invented dirt.

On a health radio talk show the other day I heard that if fish oil capsules taste fishy or "repeat" on you, there's a good chance that they have not been stored properly, either in transit or at the store where you bought them, or by you. They say you need to buy them as fresh as possible and then freeze them, although I don't freeze mine because my DH and I both take them and they don't last long.

My hair falling out of my head was so hard for me! I found something that worked for me and will find another way to get the word out about it! I once again want to make it clear that I should have not used the site to talk about the pruducts that have worked for me! and in the future will not talk about pruducts! I have been up looking on this site many of nights for answers from other lap banders and feel horrible that my posting have come a cross like I am prying on some ones vulnerability!

Zoe- are you selling products or recommending products? Or both? It makes a big difference in how "helpful" a post is considered to be.

Hi,

I am and was receommending products that I heard about from my acupuncturist. She told me about them after my surgery and they helped me tremendously then and now. I thought passing on this information would be beneficial for others since they have helped me so much.

I would anyone's ideas about a Protein supplement that tastes good. I have yet to find one I like and am struggling to get my protein in. I was just rebanded in Feb so I trying to make sure I get everything right. I went to GNC today and looked at Fish oil (that is how I ended up on this subject) but I didn't buy any. For those that do take the fish oil, is that in addition to your Multi-Vitamin? What benefits have you noticed?

Protein products....

whey Gourmet Chocolate/Peanut butter made by PVL. (their chocolate is gross)

Matrix 5.0 Perfect chocolate made by Syntrax.

Matrix Cookies & Cream (if you like mega sweet) made by Syntrax

EAS strawberry (haven't tried the other flavors) made by EAS. I don't care for the premix but the powder is better and cheaper, you can get it at Walmart.< /p>

Body Fortress Chocolate. Kinda thin but doable in the beginning. Another Walmart product and cheap. I prefer EAS.

Those are what I prefer, your preferences may vary.