Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oliver Stone's Latest Project Falls Apart

A Hollywood Yarn Unravels - WSJ.com

Stone traveled to South America to document what was supposed to be a propaganda coup for his hero Hugo Chavez, who was brokering the release of two women and a child held by FARC in Colombia. FARC is a Marxist guerrilla army that finances itself through narcotics and terrorism. Its goal is to overthrow Colombian President Alvaro Uribe, and impose a communist regime. It is closely allied with Chavez, relying on Venezuela as a hiding place, staging ground and drug-trafficking route.

Leftists like Stone and Nancy Pelosi hate Uribe for being such a staunch American ally and bulwark against communism. He was to be cast as a villain for refusing to give in to FARC in exchange for the hostages. But the noble Chavez went around him, out of humanitarian concern for the innocent.

The whole farce collapsed when it came to light that the FARC terrorists didn't have the child and were trying to find him. The poor kid had been born in their custody, but within a year they dumped him on a local peasant, who later turned him in to a hospital. His existence had been pitiable from the beginning:

Press reports say that doctors diagnosed the baby with anemia, malaria, a parasitic skin disease, malnutrition and an arm that had been broken at birth and not treated. "Anyone would have fallen apart before this child, with so many diseases," the hospital director told the Miami Herald. "He didn't raise his eyes. He got toys but did not pick them up. He did not stand but dragged himself on his butt. He cried but no tears came because of the malnutrition."

At this point Stone realized he would not be able to exploit the tragedy for his hard-left propaganda. He went away furious at Uribe, and continuing to praise the FARC terrorists who had done this to the child:

Grabbing hostages is the fashion in which they can finance themselves and try to achieve their goals, which are difficult. I think they are heroic to fight for what they believe in and die for it, as was Castro in the hills of Cuba.

If Satan rose up from hell, Oliver Stone would be licking filth from his hooves and calling him "heroic."

Very interesting NPR segment on FARC and Betancourt this morning.

Leaving the glamour of Hollywood far behind, Stone arrived in the steamy Colombian city of Villavicencio on Saturday as part of a mission led by Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez to retrieve three hostages held for years by the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, or FARC.

"I have no illusions about the FARC, but it looks like they are a peasant army fighting for a decent living," Stone said in an interview with The Associated Press at his hotel bar. "And here, if you fight, you fight to win."

A Hollywood Yarn Unravels - WSJ.com

Stone traveled to South America to document what was supposed to be a propaganda coup for his hero Hugo Chavez, who was brokering the release of two women and a child held by FARC in Colombia. FARC is a Marxist guerrilla army that finances itself through narcotics and terrorism. Its goal is to overthrow Colombian President Alvaro Uribe, and impose a communist regime. It is closely allied with Chavez, relying on Venezuela as a hiding place, staging ground and drug-trafficking route.

Leftists like Stone and Nancy Pelosi hate Uribe for being such a staunch American ally and bulwark against communism. He was to be cast as a villain for refusing to give in to FARC in exchange for the hostages. But the noble Chavez went around him, out of humanitarian concern for the innocent.

The whole farce collapsed when it came to light that the FARC terrorists didn't have the child and were trying to find him. The poor kid had been born in their custody, but within a year they dumped him on a local peasant, who later turned him in to a hospital. His existence had been pitiable from the beginning:

At this point Stone realized he would not be able to exploit the tragedy for his hard-left propaganda. He went away furious at Uribe, and continuing to praise the FARC terrorists who had done this to the child:

If Satan rose up from hell, Oliver Stone would be licking filth from his hooves and calling him "heroic."

Ah! Oliver Stone..... another Hollywood Einstein that believes he knows it all....some people can make movies... but they are so ignorant and stupid in so many levels....

I just wonder why do they stay living here...? why wouldn't they take advantage of Castro, Chavez's and other divine communist countries and stay there?, I'm sure they'll love it! why do they insist in wasting time here in this horrible US of A.........? with our horrible capitalism....? oh but why don't they give up their millions, donate them to the poor along with their mansions and go live in one of those wonderful countries? you know, I just don't get it.... so I guess I was right after all, they are stupid! because I tell you, if I was so unhappy with my country's standards, ways, etc..I sure would get the hell out of here! specially that here in this "nasty" country, they don't care if you get the hell out!

Oh good ole Stone.... Bless the empty cavity of his heart!:smile: