Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pain Meds. Do they make adult strength

liquid Advil/Motrin? I have found Adult Strength Liquid Tylenol, but only children's liquid Motrin. I am stocking up and getting ready for surgery on the 25th. I have read the list of items (from experienced bandsters on this web site) I should get prior to surgery and this is the only one I have a question:confused: on. I prefer Advil/Motrin to Tylenol. Just works better for me! Thanks. Karen

alot of dr's recomend not using any ibuprofen, which is what is in motrin and advil. So, you might want to ask your particular surgeon what they think. My surgeon has never told me not to use these, but i learned here that they are hard on your tummy and not a good idea. I have chosen to just do tylenol even though it doesn't work as well imho. But ask your dr. and then decide.

But to answer your question, No i have not seen it in liquid form at the drug store, but i am sure your dr could provide you with a script for liquid ibuprofen.

I used to use children's motrin all the time, but since my ulcer diagnosis I can't. Just do the math for whatever dose your doctor says you can use. It is 100mg per teaspoon. So 4 tsp is a typical adult dose (400 mg). Generic is fine, too. hope this helps.

Liquid Advil/Motrin? I have found Adult Strength Liquid Tylenol, but only children's liquid Motrin. I am stocking up and getting ready for surgery on the 25th. I have read the list of items (from experienced bandsters on this web site) I should get prior to surgery and this is the only one I have a question:confused: on. I prefer Advil/Motrin to Tylenol. Just works better for me! Thanks. Karen

What is the list of items? I am having surgery on the 25th as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Good Luck to you!!

I've had to take liq. motrin (children's) because of bad varicose veins in one leg since surgery and the subsequent swelling. I did check with my surgeon first and he okay'ed it, but I have to say I've used it sparingly and only when the swelling in my leg was very uncomfortable because I knew it wasn't good for my stomach. Unfortunately, the liquid motrin is only sold in a children's version that I've been able to find - and the flavors are icky!

mine gave me demerol and I was allergic I threw up everytime and every lap bander knows throwing up is a NO NO!! no stretching of stomach muscles and espoahgus here! lol I think a couple nights ago I woke up in pain and finally took some liquid tylenol but pain medicine makes me nervous regardless

skculpepper

I did a little search and came up with this -

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f84/check-list-post-op-33414/

it is a list made from fellow lapbanders and their support groups.

You will have to cut and paste the address. Sorry, I am not sure how to send it as a link! There are a couple of lists on this site and I have seen others since this (altho I like this one.) Just do a search on post-op shopping! Good luck to you! I am nervous and excited. How are you? Are you required to follow a pre-op diet? Karen

Well, this web site is amazing. That is not the address I entered, but it is the correct thread and they made it a link! I have come to rely on this support group. I am addicted! Karen