Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tennessee Bandsters ??

i will be going to dr Ponce in dalton, ga---but his office said they have a lap band clinic in chattanooga also. he is a friend of dr rumbaut, my doctor. i have not met him yet.:)

Hello TN foks!!

I live in Chattanooga and was banded on 6/8/06 by Dr. Jaime Ponce. It's nice to see others who live close by and also others who have seen Dr. Ponce. I don't know anyone pesonally who has had the lapband so I'll come here for a lot of my support and questions.

congrats on your band Cyndee. I think you find it was the best thing you have ever done for yourself. Good luck, and let me know if you need anything. I am always happy to help!

Hi Everyone,

I have been to Dr. Rutledge's seminar in Chattanooga at Memorial Hospital. I live in Knoxville, but I made the drive because he had the seminar quicker and seemed to be able to get me in faster, as opposed to Knoxville doctors, and I have a very limited time to get this done. I have BCBS right now, but my husband joins the Air Force in September so the good insurance who says they will cover it will be bye-bye.

Has anyone else looked into Dr. Rutledge? He does the lap-band, but he seems partial to the bypass.

Hi Everyone,

I have been to Dr. Rutledge's seminar in Chattanooga at Memorial Hospital. I live in Knoxville, but I made the drive because he had the seminar quicker and seemed to be able to get me in faster, as opposed to Knoxville doctors, and I have a very limited time to get this done. I have BCBS right now, but my husband joins the Air Force in September so the good insurance who says they will cover it will be bye-bye.

Has anyone else looked into Dr. Rutledge? He does the lap-band, but he seems partial to the bypass.

Hey...Have you cheked into Dr MOrton in Nashville. I had my meeting with him on Jan 3rd, and his office had my surgery approved and scheduled within 2 weeks. My surgery was on Feb. 20th. He has done 800 bands and is a proctor of the band, which means he teaches other Dr.s how to do the band surgery. If you are interested the website is southernbariatricsolutions.com Good luck

I used Dr. Ponce in Chattanooga. You might check out his website also: gastricbandinstitute.com He is very experienced with the lapband (over 1000) and also trains other doctors. Good luck!!

No skbishop78 it is Dr Hugh Houston he only does then under floroscopy I go Friday wish me luck... I hope that he finds band to be find and I can start the uphill swing to loss weight. I have paid a lot of money for this surgery not counting the day of emotional stress because I have not had the proper fill...... I am in such a stressful state weighting for Friday to get here.......... Pray for me...........

Welcome kimber200 I live in Mason Tn just about 30 miles from Memphis. I work in Memphis would be glad to talk to you about lap band. Nice to have some one near Memphis..

wanttobethin1: Good luck on Friday!!! Proper restriction is sooooo necessary I have found! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Hey Guys,

So I decided to drive from Knoxville to Nashville to see Dr. Morton. I had the psych eval in Nashville as well. Well, the past week I have been waiting on insurance and then I finally called them to see how the authorization was going. Now insurance says that I need a nutritional eval.

Does anyone know of any nutritionists in the Knoxville or surrounding area? I guess if I have to I can go Nashville and go to one of the nutritionists that Dr. Morton works with, but I would like to avoid the trip if necessary. Please let me know if you all have had any success with some around here.

THanks,

Mallorie

I had my fill and I am doing great 12lb down in a 1 1/2 weeks yea. Did you ask Dr Morton he probably has one that he refers to.

Hey mallorie,

Congrats on going to Dr Morton..he is awesome! Call and ask Shauna (his assistant) who she recommends or if she can do it. She is a nutritionalist I think...They have answers to everything there...I think. They probably can tell you which step to take next! Good luck and keep us updated!

Hello everyone...My name is Regina,I am from Hickory Flat,MS which is in NE MS.I was banded on 6/19/06 in Mexicalli by Dr.Aceves...nice to meet everyone.