Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Nymphs Feeling Restriction!

Steph!

YOU ROCK! Ahhh! Restriction..how I miss it.

Cindy

You'll get back to it soon enough. At least now I know what everybody was talking about! I was starting to lose hope that I'd ever get this feeling!

Hi Everyone--I haven't posted for quite a while, but I thought this topic was interesting. I went for my 2nd fill this past Monday, and I now have a total of 3.9 cc's in my 10cc band, and I feel restriction too. It seems like several people have said they are feeling it at around the 4cc point. I've been back on solid foods for about 3 days now, and I seriously am getting full after just a few bites, and I find myself having to slow down much more than before. I am PRAYING that this continues. I dropped about 7 lbs this week--of course it was that time of the month, so that counts for a good part of it. But I am so happy--I have never been so motivated to lose weight and keep it off. I am actually hopeful for the first time in years that I'm actually going to be able to do this!! Everyone here seems to be doing so well!! This is a great board!!

WB BankChick. That's great to hear you are feeling it, too. I wish I had felt it at around 4. But it took me until 6.5 to feel it. WTG on the loss! You are burning it up! Keep up the good work! :)

You'll get back to it soon enough. At least now I know what everybody was talking about! I was starting to lose hope that I'd ever get this feeling!

WB BankChick. That's great to hear you are feeling it, too. I wish I had felt it at around 4. But it took me until 6.5 to feel it. WTG on the loss! You are burning it up! Keep up the good work! :)

Yes, while my appetite has certainly been smaller since surgery, I didn't get true restriction until my last fill that took me to 6ccs. At 4ccs, it still didn't feel like I had a band.

Yes, while my appetite has certainly been smaller since surgery, I didn't get true restriction until my last fill that took me to 6ccs. At 4ccs, it still didn't feel like I had a band.

EXACTLY how I felt.

I think I am finally beginning to feel a little restriction. :) Today for lunch, I ate 2 slices of turkey breast deli meat some apple sauce and string cheese. I was perfectly satisfied.

For dinner I had about 1/2 a bowl of chicken Soup and a good handful of granola with almond milk. YUM! Again... perfectly satisfied! This is a good thing. I am liking this band. I just wonder how fast the weight is going to shed off now that I have some restriction??? I guess only time will tell! I just came down with the flu early this week. I think between that and my second fill i had on wednesday morning, I have probably already lost 10 pounds! I am just guessing though.

I am SO glad some of you are finally getting the restriction! Yeah!! I think I'm almost there - not quite, but should be with one or two more fills. My doc is only going to do .5 cc's each month from now on. Last fill (total of 5 cc's) I felt a change where I didn't need to eat nearly as much to get full, but I can still eat an awful lot. So I'm hoping my next one will be the ticket. I'm getting it done next Tuesday. I'll be back then to let you know!

Luv ya guys! :frown:

Linda

I am getting my 3rd fill today at 11:45. I can't wait. My last fill was 2 weeks ago bringing my total to 4 cc's in a 10cc band. I had restriction for about a week and then I was hungry again. I really have to chew well or I get that wonderful shoulder pain but I can eat more than I should. Hopefully this fill will help.

Good Luck Skinny Jill!

I just got back from my fill appt and I now have 5cc's in 10cc band. Two days of full liquids now for me and two days of soft food, so we''ll wait and see. I already made my next appt for two weeks, if I don't need it I can cancel, but I doubt I'll have to.

I have a love/hate relationship with fills and restriction. I want to feel full but don't want to be so tight that food comes back up. I guess I want it perfect! I would like to eat a normal portion, be full for several hours, eat normal again etc. It's the feeling full in between the meals that's missing right now.

Every fill I've been hopeful that it will give me some restriction for a little while and then nothing. I know eventually it will happen!

Let us know how you make out today!

Hi Shortgal,

I now have 4.5cc's in a 10cc band. She tried to put in 1 cc and Water wouldn't go down so she backed off to .5 cc's and the Water went down. I hope that means I will have good restriction. I actually feel different than I did after the last fill. It could all be in my mind. I hope not.

I really hope this fill gives you good restriction. We deserve it. We have been patient little bandsters. :tongue:

Jill

Update: I am drinking broth and it is going down slow. It is going down but it is gurgling big time. I think I actually have restriction.

Update: I am drinking broth and it is going down slow. It is going down but it is gurgling big time. I think I actually have restriction.

You also have some swelling from the fill. You may not get the gurgling in a few days. :tongue: What fill # is this for you? I have had 2. .5cc prime/2cc fill/2cc fill. I have decent restriction, but am looking forward to the sweet spot. I hope we hit it here on fill 3 because after that, I start paying for fills out of pocket!:biggrin:

Good luck guys with your new restriction. Hope you've reached your sweet spot.

Skinny Jill, The gurgling is a good sign, but it's possible it won't last. :tongue:

I had an Atkins Protein shake when I got home and it went down fine. UGH! I have heard some on the forum say, their restriction can kick in later, so we'll see. I don't think this one did it for me.

They have been giving me 1 cc at each fill after the first fill, which was 2cc's. I don't know why but I think I'm going to have to be at 6 cc at least before I get restriction, but I'll know in a few day after the liquids.< /p>

But the office is willing to give the fills every two weeks, so at least I don't have to wait too long between fills and I am losing weight, slowly, but losing.

I think I am finally beginning to feel a little restriction. :tongue: Today for lunch, I ate 2 slices of turkey breast deli meat some apple sauce and string cheese. I was perfectly satisfied.

For dinner I had about 1/2 a bowl of chicken Soup and a good handful of granola with almond milk. YUM! Again... perfectly satisfied! This is a good thing. I am liking this band. I just wonder how fast the weight is going to shed off now that I have some restriction??? I guess only time will tell! I just came down with the flu early this week. I think between that and my second fill i had on wednesday morning, I have probably already lost 10 pounds! I am just guessing though.

TxArcher: How long did the feeling of being satisfied last after your turkey, apple sauce and cheese?

I'm eating reasonable amounts, but I would love to have the feeling of being satisifed longer between meals.

Don't feel too bad about paying for fills, if you have to, it'll be worth it and I had to pay for the whole surgery. How much are the fills where you live?

TxArcher: How long did the feeling of being satisfied last after your turkey, apple sauce and cheese?

I'm eating reasonable amounts, but I would love to have the feeling of being satisifed longer between meals.

Don't feel too bad about paying for fills, if you have to, it'll be worth it and I had to pay for the whole surgery. How much are the fills where you live?

The feeling of satisfied is lasting about 2-3 hours. I guess that is good. Today for lunch I had 1 can of Vienna sausages and 1/3 can of light peaches. I am still "full" at 2:30! I have recently broken the habit of drinking with my meals. That makes a HUGE difference.

My surgeon charges $100/fill. It may be $150. That is not too bad i guess. I will just have to save up for my fills.

Two to three hours of being satisifed between meals is fabulous. that sounds like a sweet spot to me.

You should lose quickly with that restriction, of course then you'll need another fill! That's not a bad price for fills, I've seen people on the forum looking for fill Dr.s and have found some to be asking $500!

Can you have a big tag sale with stuff you want to get rid of? Or sell things you no longer need on e-bay to raise a few bucks?

You can always use the money you save from eating less!!!!