Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guess who I met yesterday...

I live in the D.C. area and one of our local news channels (NBC) had a Health and Fitness Expo yesterday and today. My husband and I attended yesterday and I met the twins from The Biggest Loser (Bill and Jim). They are so very nice and gave me some tips to get through this plateau. I got a picture taken with them, but I really don't know how to post it. I can't believe how easy they were to talk to. My husband made a comment that they were very nice because they were "real". Anyway...just wanted to share my little "celebrity" encounter with everyone. If I figure out how to post the picture, I will do so.

They are so very nice and gave me some tips to get through this plateau.

So what tips did they give you (if of course you don't mind sharing trade secrets :welldoneclap:)?

very cool!!!!

Would enjoy seeing the photo for sure...They seemed like such normal men...and I liked seeing twins win both things...kind of cool!!! (twin mom...:welldoneclap: )

Rain

Hey Tina! I am in Virginia (grew up in Bethesda). Nice to connect with another "local". I watched clips from the expo on the news. It sounds like a great event... it seems to get better every year.

Love to see the pics and tips!

Bill said that the scales didn't move for him for five weeks, so he completely changed his routine. He took up swimming and yoga and really went by Jillian Michael's book. (He also said that he was working out sixs hours a day, which of course I cannot do because I work) I am headed to the book store this morning to get it. He said by following the book and changing his routine, the two weeks prior to the finale he dropped 18 pounds. They both looked so good, I couldn't believe it.

I tried to post the picture but it won't work. It's too big. If anyone has any tips for me on how to post it, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

The Expo was pretty good. I found it to be quite crowded on Saturday and next year I'll probably go on Sunday. I didn't wait in any of the lines for the free screenings. I think that there were probably lots of folks there that didn't have health insurance and it was a great opportunity for them to talk to professionals and get free screenings. There certainly was a wealth of information available for just about every illness out there. I'm very excited because I'm going to do the three day breast cancer walk and I got information on that. So...it was definately worth attending.