Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One-derland!!

There used to be a thread on this, but I can't find it now that I've reached it!

Talk about a GREAT feeling! And I must confess, I have waited 3 weeks since my "entry" into the magical world of "1" just to make sure I was really there before announcing.

Here's a great Christmas present for me...my NS goal was to be a size 14 by Christmas, went to the "after Christmas" sales on the 26th, and bought my first pair of size 12 Levi's!!! and they aren't "stretch" jeans, either! :eek:

My goals right now are to get to 175 and/or size 10. I know that will still keep me in the "overweight" BMI range (though just barely), but I've been the recommended weight for "normal" (long, long ago) and was so skinny and sickly that I don't care to revisit that. I will probably revisit my goal when I get there, and I think my most likely long term goal will be more Fluid, and have to do more with whether or not the outer package matches the inner person than with a number.

There have been a lot of "reality checks" along the way, too. :smile:

1) Marriage problems are not necessarily resolved with weight loss. :eek: I know, SURPRISE, but its true. In fact, they can get worse! That's right, because, see #2, all the stuff you suppressed with food is now running loose in your relationship, adding to the fun! :wink:

2)I would never have ID'd myself as an emotional eater. Well, guess again! When the unlimited food went away, and the novelty of losing weight passed, the lid on Pandora's box was blown off explosively! I remember so naively sitting in the MD's office before this journey began and thinking, "I won't really need counseling". HA! My poor shrink! Freaked out me! 40+ years of stuffed experiences, emotions, fears, all jumping out of the box together! :clap:

3)Building a new life to go with my new body takes A-C-T-I-O-N. :) You can't just sit in your house like you did 90 lbs ago and say "I wish I could go skiing" and then have it happen. YOU have to take the initiative to start doing all the things you always wanted to do but never "could". They don't come to you. This was and continues to be a tough one for me. I'm not completely used to self-direction yet, and I will frequently catch myself sitting in the living room thinking "I wish I could..." and sometimes it takes a little while before my wise self smacks that whiner in the head and says "YOU CAN! Now get off your no longer well cushioned ass and DO IT!"

This adventure has been and continues to be FANTASTIC. I have "gained" so much more than I've "lost", hee-hee, and I feel that for the first time, I am moving every day toward a more mature, more authentic, more self-directed me.

Congratulations! A SIZE 12! YOU ROCK!!! That is killer! I can only imagine how exciting it is to be in the 100s! I can't wait to get there! I also loved the insights you provided. I am a therapist and I hear these same issues with people of all sizes...just that it seems overweight people use fat as an excuse...others use other reasons! It's the truth that sets you free and you are flying, babes!!! Good for you!!!

Thanks for sharing, your post is very insipring and truly makes a lot of sense. Great job!!

Good for you! What a great feeling! I can hardly wait until I'm in ONDERLAND as well. You inspire me to keep going.

And yes, isn't it funny how the more weight we lose the less likely we are to put up with other people's BS? I call it the 'new lean, mean me'. And I like IT!!

Good luck and keep up the good work!!

-Becky :eek:

There used to be a thread on this, but I can't find it now that I've reached it!

Congratulations! Here's the thread, if you still want it: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f15/countdown-onederland-33961/

Thank you all for your supportive comments and cudos.

Hey, having to do with #2:

"I would never have ID'd myself as an emotional eater. Well, guess again! ..." the DH and I came up with a great analogy for this...

if your emotions are like the pendulum on a grandfather clock, emotional eating packs the box, keeping the pendulum firmly in one position with food on both sides. When you take away the food, at first the pendulum swings WILDLY, and you have to learn to manage the swing range!:lol: