Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well that sucks! One of my main forms of exercise right now is taking my Rottweiler for a bike ride. Needless to say she can pull pretty hard. I am going to have to watch that. I was already concerned about her jumping up on the bed and stuff (she is extremely protective of me). Fortunately my husband is unemployed right now and is home all the time so he will be able to handle a lot of the errands. I will just have to make sure I give the house a good going over before surgery day.

Three months huh? I'm wondering how it will affect me when I'm riding my motorcycle. I lean forward quite a bit when I ride (drag bars and forward foot controls). Hopefully it won't hinder me too much. That would really tick me off! I was glad to know they were going to fix it because I have been on medication for GERD now for years!!!! Maybe it will be worth it. I can only hope!

Well lets just say that I was able to do a hell of a lot more before they found it DURING surgery. I never knew I had one until after surgery. Now, I can't stretch, can pick up lighter things. But can't lift the bag of dog food, or the vacuum, alot of laundry, go food shopping alone. If my dog starts to pull me a little bit when we are walking and I have to pull back, I feel it. My regular doctor said its going to be up to three months after surgery for me to completely heal from it and he WARNED me to not do manual labor. Also said no weight training or more strenous workouts than walking.

You may be healing faster than me, everyone has their own schedule. Me, I am an Office worker, but at home, I do yard work, I love to mow the grass, get up on the ladder and paint, or hammer, take out the garbage, flip my mattresses, move furniture around.

I never in a million years thought anything was wrong, as I flipped my mattress the day before surgery, and threw out lots of stuff from the basement.

I think the doctor is saying up to three months so I won't do anything stupid. Its really cool getting my friends to carry in the dog food, the laundry detergent and cases of Water.

I haven't had mine yet. One week and one day away!!!:frown:

I am definitely going to have to recruit my DH and daughter for lifting stuff.

Thanks for all the info! It helps me to know what to expect!

You may be healing faster than me, everyone has their own schedule. Me, I am an Office worker, but at home, I do yard work, I love to mow the grass, get up on the ladder and paint, or hammer, take out the garbage, flip my mattresses, move furniture around.

I never in a million years thought anything was wrong, as I flipped my mattress the day before surgery, and threw out lots of stuff from the basement.

I think the doctor is saying up to three months so I won't do anything stupid. Its really cool getting my friends to carry in the dog food, the laundry detergent and cases of Water.

When you have surgery they pump your stomach full of gas to expand the area so they have room to operate. It seems to settle and make alot of peoples shoulders ache. I used Gas-x chewables and it really helped. I also walked around the house and that made me feel better.

When you have surgery they pump your stomach full of gas to expand the area so they have room to operate. It seems to settle and make alot of peoples shoulders ache. I used Gas-x chewables and it really helped. I also walked around the house and that made me feel better.

Just a little clarification, they don't pump your stomach full of gas, they pump your abdomen full of gas. Unfortunately, the only thing that works for that gas is the walking. Gas-x will help with any digestive gas you are having. The OP's problem was not with gas but with the hiatal hernia repair she had done which also causes discomfort specifically in the left shoulder.