Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 mo checkup

Hello September Bandsters! (AKA, Finer Niners)

How is everyone doing? I think that most of us should be moving along with our fills. I think I have had 3 fills now and am at 6.1cc's in a 10cc band. I can barely eat anything, which is a great feeling. However, sometimes I still struggle mentally with WANTING to eat something, but I physically can't so I get mad about it :smile: The band is definitely stopping me from cheating!!

I just went over the 50lbs mark for weight loss and I am loving it. I have went down 3 clothes sizes and for some strange reason, my shoes are big now (lengthwise). This has been a double-edged sword for me, because I am excited that I am going down sizes, but upset that my baggy clothes look bad on me.

My fills have been pretty agressive since I had my revision surgery. I have requested to go in every 3 weeks (they recommend 4) for fills to keep on top of the weight loss.

My Dr said that the first 12-18 months is when we see the best weight loss, so to try to get rid of it early or I might struggle getting to my goal weight. That is what I am trying to do.

How is everyone else doing?

Hi everyone!

I have lost 40 pounds so far and go for my third fill next week. I have had very little fill put in so far (2 CC?) and can eat anything without any problems. I do eat about 1/3 of what I used to!

I am exerpiencing some hair loss and have an appointment with a registered dietition next week when I get my fill. She said Hair loss is common with rapid weight loss. Anyone else have this problem.

Vitamins.. I haven't taken them much, they make me constipated so I avoid them. Anyone else find something that works for them? I think it's the Iron in them. The weird thing is that when I went to donate blood my Iron was higher than it had ever been. Sometimes I don't have enough to safely donate. I have also found that if I have a cup of light cranberry juice everyday I don't have Constipation issues. Unless I take vitamins....!

Patsy

i'm doing okay but really feel like it'd be great for us september bandsters to really kick it up a notch with a goal that all of us could reach for together.

i've lost 35-40 lbs...will get a definite from dr. spivaks office this wed. 1/16 when i go for my 4th fill.

anyhow, not trying to hijack this thread, but i really am interested in us sept bandsters doing something that we could all really work hard for, support each other with, etc.

lets kick it in gear! wouldn't it be great to look even better and weigh even less for our sweethears on valentines day? and maybe some of us will look and feel better in the vday lingerie this year then ever before! :smile:

tongue.gifTHE SWEETHEART GOALtongue.gif

READY, SET, LOSE!!!!!

WE HAVE UNTIL FEB 14TH TO LOSE 14LBS!

14LBS IN APPROX 1 MONTH! LETS DO IT!!!

I am new to this site and not real savvy with pcs. I would like to correspond with a few people. I was banded in Mexico Sept 24. I have lost 28 lbs and feel great. I have had one fill and feel pretty restricted. Sometimes it is hard because I just want to use food to relax. I miss breakfasts. Leta

I have had 3 fills to date, and I'm starting to slow on my weight loss. I've reached a loss of 56 pounds and 4 of them keep fluctuating. :lol:

Aside from still actually BEING fat, I feel bigger than I am. At work I'll tell myself I can't squeeze past those people in the hall without either slamming a boob into them, or bouncing my gigantic butt off the wall. But, I squeeze through okay....

And, the other day I was shopping and the pants I tried on looked WAY too small...FOR ME...and they fit!!!! :) Yay me!

So, I'm still plugging away, but I'm starting to slack on the weight loss. With the last fill I can hardly eat anything at one sitting, but peanuts go down easy.

I'm also NOT getting my Protein and I have to try harder to get that in.

But, all in all - STILL LOVE THE BAND!

Tulip - I have a question for you: Does your doctor's office discourage frequent fills? My doc doesn't, but the nurse seems apprehensive when I call to schedule. But, I think if I get to the point where I can eat bunches and bunches, I need a fill. My mind hasn't caught up to the tummy yet, and I WANT TO EAT.

Also, do you guys order off the kids menu?

Hello September Bandsters! (AKA, Finer Niners)

How is everyone doing? I think that most of us should be moving along with our fills. I think I have had 3 fills now and am at 6.1cc's in a 10cc band. I can barely eat anything, which is a great feeling. However, sometimes I still struggle mentally with WANTING to eat something, but I physically can't so I get mad about it :lol: The band is definitely stopping me from cheating!!

I just went over the 50lbs mark for weight loss and I am loving it. I have went down 3 clothes sizes and for some strange reason, my shoes are big now (lengthwise). This has been a double-edged sword for me, because I am excited that I am going down sizes, but upset that my baggy clothes look bad on me.

My fills have been pretty agressive since I had my revision surgery. I have requested to go in every 3 weeks (they recommend 4) for fills to keep on top of the weight loss.

My Dr said that the first 12-18 months is when we see the best weight loss, so to try to get rid of it early or I might struggle getting to my goal weight. That is what I am trying to do.

How is everyone else doing?

After hearing your lost,I feel horrible. I only lost 23lbs and I was banded 9/5/07. What are you eating? Could you give me a typical day!

I have had 3 fills to date, and I'm starting to slow on my weight loss. I've reached a loss of 56 pounds and 4 of them keep fluctuating. :lol:

Aside from still actually BEING fat, I feel bigger than I am. At work I'll tell myself I can't squeeze past those people in the hall without either slamming a boob into them, or bouncing my gigantic butt off the wall. But, I squeeze through okay....

And, the other day I was shopping and the pants I tried on looked WAY too small...FOR ME...and they fit!!!! :) Yay me!

So, I'm still plugging away, but I'm starting to slack on the weight loss. With the last fill I can hardly eat anything at one sitting, but peanuts go down easy.

I'm also NOT getting my Protein and I have to try harder to get that in.

But, all in all - STILL LOVE THE BAND!

Tulip - I have a question for you: Does your doctor's office discourage frequent fills? My doc doesn't, but the nurse seems apprehensive when I call to schedule. But, I think if I get to the point where I can eat bunches and bunches, I need a fill. My mind hasn't caught up to the tummy yet, and I WANT TO EAT.

Also, do you guys order off the kids menu?

Wow, we got banded the same day. And for some reason I only lost half of what you have. It's been hard because I don't know why. I think that I'm staying faithful on my eating, but for some reason, I'm losing soooooooooooo slow!

Hey everyone!

I'm doing pretty good, I have had 4 fills with a total of 6ccs in my 10cc band and I have lost a total of 62 lbs so far. I'm really loving my band!!!

So far, there isn't anything I can't eat. But I do try my best to stay away from carbs as much as possible. I really need to bump up my exercise. I feel like I have the food part down pretty good. I really hate to exercise, but I have found that switching up my routine regularly makes a big difference.

Voondabah- I do order off of the kids menu a lot. Especially at Cracker Barrel, I order the kids grilled chicken strips and green Beans.

Hi Everyone,

I must admit I have been very slack about exercising....I hate it, I know I need to, but I just cant seem to get that motivated. I am joining a gym next week........wish me luck.........