Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Loose skin???!!?!?!?!

I found that consuming alot of Protein and amino acids has really helped. I take 2 tablespoons of Amino acids (get them from any nutrion store) and Isopure 50gm of protein per shake. Isopure is the best protein mix I've found. I've bought some of the cheap stuff from Walmart etc... and it has alot of hidden sugars that make you retain alot of Water. I was stuck for about a month at a certain weight and as soon as I switched to Isopure I dropped like 10 lbs that week just from all the water retention.

He's right. Isopure is one of the best shakes. The powder actually has every minimal carbs, calories, and fat and is loaded with Vitamins and minerals. You would only need this if you are not eating meats or if you are working out.

Now as to lose skin.. I HATE IT! I can't wait till i finish school, then im going to do a complete transformation.. Tummy, chest, the works!!!

He's right. Isopure is one of the best shakes. The powder actually has every minimal carbs, calories, and fat and is loaded with Vitamins and minerals. You would only need this if you are not eating meats or if you are working out.

Now as to lose skin.. I HATE IT! I can't wait till i finish school, then im going to do a complete transformation.. Tummy, chest, the works!!!

where at in the houston area are you? Might be able to help each other work out etc... and get rid of loose skin. I got my band let out about a week before the storm for vacation and havn't had time to get it filled back but i can't complain not really gaining or reallly losing either. I'll probably drink one more last beer and head up there and get my restriction orifice tightened up.

hahahaha.. thats funny! I live on westheimer around Fondren. I usually workout with a good friend of mine, he's insane. Also, my timing is never set becauase of school so I can't actually set dates. I wouldn't mind meeting up to hangout and chat..

hahahaha.. thats funny! I live on westheimer around Fondren. I usually workout with a good friend of mine, he's insane. Also, my timing is never set becauase of school so I can't actually set dates. I wouldn't mind meeting up to hangout and chat..

thats cool, i'm a shift worker so I work alot of weird hours so nights days etc... 12 hour shifts. i'll be down around your area this weekend for the Texans game. what are you going to school for?

Guest BikiniBeachy

Although exercise sometimes can't fix lose skin in bariatric patients, remember that those who are more likely to not need tummy tucks are younger people (yay for us!) and also those who do exercise.

I'm still not banded yet but have started taking Biotin which is supposed to help with skin and hair - hopefully it will help with loose skin and protect my fine hair! I also plan on making sure I get all the Protein and Vitamins I need.

I recently went to a symposium by the doctor who will likely be my surgeon and I asked about the loose skin issue. He said that they only thing they have seen that helps with loose skin is exercise. He said that the patients of his that have a good exercise regime including weight lifting have far less loose skin than those who lose weight just by the band restriction alone. Good thing I love the gym!! :cool2:

When I lost over 100 lbs on Atkins, I had some loose skin, but I was able to fill out reasonably well with lots of weight training. Without a tuck, I'll never have that "ripped" look, but I'm more concerned with looking good in my clothes.

I really hope that I can continue to gain muscle with the band, because I haven't really heard from anyone that's been able to build solid mass on it.

Here are some pics of me at about 245 lbs to illustrate:

25lbsfromgoal.jpg

Feb242.jpg

One last pic with clothes (to illustrate that I don't appear to be "saggy"):

GoingoutJPEGmedium.jpg