Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mushy recipe

Maybe there is already a thread out there that is for people to post favorite recipes, but I could not find it. I think having a thread specifically for recipes is a great idea.

So here's my contribution. If you're looking for a 1c of this, 2T of that... that is not how I cook. But here is what I came up with.

If you like enchilada's you might like this.

Here are the ingrediants (please note that the only other time I have cooked with tofu it found a nice place in the garbage can):

1 pkg silken tofu

Olive oil

minced garlic

chili powder

small can of Tomato paste

chicken flavor boullion

salt

Water

more chili powder

garlic powder

• I started out with a small frying pan on medium heat, put in olive oil and minced garlic (the kind from the jar).
  • After the garlic had a chance to flavor the the oil I added the tofu which I had cubed.
  • After cooking a bit the tofu will start to fall apart so I broke it into smaller pieces with the spatula.
  • Sprinkled tofu with chili powder.
  • Stirred well.

While the tofu was cooking:

• I put the can of tomato paste into the blender (magic bullet).
  • Added 1/2 - 1 can of water.
  • Started out with chicken bullion.
  • Gave it a spin so these ingrediants were mixed.
  • Added the tofu mixture.
  • Gave it another spin until everything was well mixed and smooth.
  • You will add water to create a smooth, but thick mixture.
  • At this point you will sample and add spice to your own taste (chili powder, boullion, salt, garlic or garlic powder).
  • Mix well after adding spices.

I put this mixture in a small baking dish and mixed in some shredded cheese, covered with tin foil and baked it all together at 350 for about 30-60 min. Next time I make this I will not add the cheese because it did not melt as I expected it to and it left the otherwise smooth mixture with lumps in it and as far as I'm concerned no extra flavor.

I got 3 meals out of this mixture.

I will say that I just started throwing this all together and was pretty shocked by how good it tasted when it was all done. If someone had served this to me I would never have guessed that tofu was one of the main ingrediants. I have tried and failed at using tofu in the past and thought I'd give it one more shot since I'm trying to get some Protein in.

If you try it I hope it works out as well for you as it did for me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches