Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

starting BMI over 50? come on in!

So I never posted this but as of July 21st I was a 50+ BMIer instead of 60+. In april my BMI was 61.9 now it's 58.8

Wow Froggie that is good news. That loss is through a diet program right? You have not been banded yet or have you? I kind of now the joy in seeing those smaller numbers of weight and BMI's

When I went Tuesday for my first consultation I discovered I am only 5' 4" not 5' 6" as I thought I was. So I had to redo my BMI. What a shock. 3 years ago at my highest weight my BMI was 85.3. So hard to believe that was even possible After following Nutrisystem and Weight Watchers and losing over 150 by BMI is now 58.5. Still need to lose another 200 pounds and I know the lapband will help me to do that.

Keep up the great work.

Amanda

So I never posted this but as of July 21st I was a 50+ BMIer instead of 60+. In april my BMI was 61.9 now it's 58.8

I'm not banded yet. I won't be until November. But I am on a 6 month supervised diet for insurance. In month 4 now.

Also I started at 419 lbs and now I am 398.5 :)

Wow Froggi...if you are doing that good without the band...you will really do good with it. Keep up the good work!! Take Care...bev

thanks hun...it means a lot. :teeth_smile:

Hey Froggie your doing great! I don't know why my e-mail never tells me when someone posts on any of the lap band threads. I guess I should just keep checking in.

Good Luck everyone!

I dunno why either. Maybe check your options. :thumbup: Thanks though it means a lot! My next weigh in is Friday!!!! Hopefully I lose some more weight that would be awesome the day after my birthday!! :thumbup: A great gift. Love you all!

Hey Happy almost Birthday!! I am sure you will do great! How offen do you get weighed in? I had to wait 3 months for my surgery. Not because of my ins, but because my Dr wouldn't touch me until I was under 60 BMI. I will be thinking of you, let us know how you make out!

I weigh in every 2 weeks. I am on a 6 month diet for insurance. I will be banded in November. I am in month 4 now. :thumbup:

I weigh in every 2 weeks. I am on a 6 month diet for insurance. I will be banded in November. I am in month 4 now. :eek:

Hey Froggi - Long time no talk it looks like you are doing great! What day in November are you having your surgery? I was banded November 7th, 2007 so this will be one 1 year band-iversary. I am finally back on track. I just got another fill and can actually feel the difference from the last one.

I know I mentioned this all before but for those of you who are new I will give a little summary of what happened to me. In May this year I had a different surgeon put too much Fluid in my band and I was so tight I couldn't even get Water down for almost 3 days, by the time I got to the ER I was vomiting "Foam". The on-call surgeon (who happened to be the one who made it too tight) was mad that he was called in to the ER at night and removed all but 1 cc of the 6.2 cc's I had in my band tellling me "I am doing this to make sure you are ok with any swelling you might have" of course I didn't believe him I knew he was doing it out of spite, well I was sooo upset I called my surgeon the next day and he got me in to see him the next week to start filling me back up. He started off with 3 cc's and then when I went in June he put in 1 cc and in July .5 cc, so that puts me at 5.5 cc's total in July, well it just hasn't been enough I was able to eat almost 3 cups of food at any given meal.

Long story short during the 3 months I am going through this fluid being taken out and put back in I gained 6 lbs and now I am finally back on track. When I went in for my fill on Aug 1st the surgeon put in 1 cc bringing me to 6.5 cc's and I am really feeling the restriction. I don't eat more than .5 - 1 cup of food at a time and in the month of July I lost 7 lbs so I am hoping to maybe have at least 10 lbs lost for August.

Well enough rambling on for now...

I wish you all the best!!! And again Congrats on your weight loss so far Froggi!:w00t:

Hey apple I was banded the day before you! Sorry to hear about all your troubles. My surgeon gave me too much of a fill in March but not nearly as bad as your was. I was gurguling all day long and vomiting in my sleep. It was very scary, I was away in PA and could not get to my DR he wanted me to come in for an unfill. I wound up sleeping sitting up for two weeks and it took me 7 weeks before I was able to eat some what normal again. I know I should have went for the unfill BUT my ins doesn't cover it and he charges 325.00, and my husband had just lost his job after 34 yrs. So I was worried about the money which I know is stupid. I just didn't want to pay another 325 to have it put back in 2 weeks later. Anyway I sufered through it, now I only go for fills every 3 months and they only give me 1/4 cc at a time. I am due to go this month for a weigh in but I am going to cancel. I can't see spending 75.00 just to get weighed.

Glad to hear you are doing better and WTG on your 7 pound loss thats awsome!!

Best Wishes

I don't have a specific date. I start preop in October...just know sometime in November. Most likely toward the beginning I'd say.

I'm glad you're doing well now. Yay for the weightloss.

I am down another 2.5 lbs today. :tt2:

Thanks Froggi! Congrats to you too.

Ah by the way I had my 7th weigh in today out of 12. 2 and a half months left in 6 month supervised diet.

I am down 2.5 more lbs. So 23 total now. :thumbup: