Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many eggs can you eat?

I've been upgraded to scrambled eggs so my wife cooked me up 2 with a small cup of apple sauce. I've never had anything solid till today with the band so Im not sure what to feel for. But I think that maybe I could have forced it a tiny tiny bit. Not sure.

I started out with a 1/4 cup of egg beaters with a little low fat velveeta melted on top. They taste awesome to me. You just cook it in the microwave and it is so quick and simple.

It's hard to say because we're all so different.

I didn't get hungry until week 3. I was more scared of eating than I was hungry. I didn't want to hurt the band.

Make sure you are eating really slowly. Listen to your body on the soft signals that you are getting full. Some of us hiccup, sigh, burp, have shoulder pain, golfball feeling / tightness in chest, and/or runny nose.

I have had each of these signals at different times but mostly I will sigh or burp signaling it's time to quit. A hiccup tells me that I had one bite too many along with the golfball feeling.

This is going to take alot to get used to. I feel like I could still eat, not hungery, but not satisfied. I hope I feel better about this before too long cause if I'm miserable in 6 months, Im getting deflated.

I was banded on January 3rd, just a few days after you. Today is the first day that I have really felt hungry, and today is the first day that I've really eaten more then the 1/2 cup at a time they suggest. I don't know if it's really the case, but here's my theory.... the swelling has gone down and I am on the mend. I have been told that until you get your first fill it is likely you will not have any restriction. So if you were chew chew chewing like they told you too it's possible that the food passed quickly through the stoma leaving you feeling unsatisfied.

Justin, you're still a "hatchling" in the process! You haven't got a fill yet, so though you will never be able to eat the amounts you did before you were banded, you are still able to eat quite a bit MORE now than you will be able to after you are PROPERLY filled. This is a process that will take a few months because they generally fill about once every 30 days, if you need it (the body needs time in between to adjust and there are delayed reactions sometimes to a fill that can take a few weeks to come on). By your 2nd or 3rd fill you'll start to really feel the restriction and you will go "AHA!" Right now though, the idea is to eat slowly, chew a lot and get in the habit of how you will be eating when the restriction comes down the road.

Scrambled eggs was one of the first solids I tried and it was a disaster. Even 7 months down the road I have to be VERY careful eating scrambled eggs. You think they are soft and all, but for some reason they can really get gummed up if I'm not careful. I'm not the only one this has happened to, and I've seen quite a few posts where people were pretty sensitive to eggs for some reason. I do eat them....just VERY slowly.

I started out eating 1 egg and that was about 4 days after surgery. I could have eaten more but I didn't. I usually eat 2 eggs now and they go down fine. Of course, I've only had 1 fill. I can eat a lot but I don't. I do have to chew well or I get the wonderful shoulder pain.

I miss eggs! With my current fill I can't even eat 1 bite of them. Justin, don't get down. As you heal you will be saying to yourself, "dang did the doc really put a band in me or did he just poke some holes and pretend to do surgery." You won't feel it till you are properly restricted! What you are going thru is normal. We have all been at that stage and sitting there staring at a plate thinking, I want to eat more, why is this not working. The best advice I can give you in this stage of your process is to eat about 1/4 to 1/2 cup at a time. Save the food you don't eat and if you are still hungry an hour later, try another 1/4 cup. We all have the "clear your plate" syndrome, but the thing is you are healing and if you fill up really full you might do some damage to the band or stretch your pouch!

This is still healing time! You are less than 2 weeks post op. At that point I was still on liquids.

Keep to the post-op diet the Dr recommends, including the portions.

You might not feel "full" until you start getting fills and get restriction and that might take a couple fills anyway.

The "young" banders seem the most impatient. I guess that's part of youth or because us older age banders have been dieting longer, we just do it.

Get out of the house, go for a ride, walk around the mall etc, to make the time go by.

when I started on eggs, I ate one, yes, i wanted more.