Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please help - I am nervous that I did something bad

Hello,

Can you tell that this has happened to other people too? I'll never forget being a week or two out and popping a peice of sausage in my mouth. OMG!!! Thank God I was able to spit it back out but it is so easy to do things like that without even a thought. At the time I was making Breakfast for 8 people at the bed and Breakfast I work at. Having to prepare food while not eating it is tough business. I love Spinach Gnocci and somehow decided since it has kind of a soft squishy feel to it, IT MUST BE a MUSHIE!!! I never determined the correctness of that but WE definitally all make mistakes. I tried very hard to be good and no damage was done to my band. Best wishes, Teresa

I doubt you have done any damage, so relax. But like everyone says, do try to comply with your doctor's instructions from now on. One thing I don't get is why, if you only deviated from doctor's orders to test the temp of things for your kids, did you try to eat bread? FYI, I cannot now and never have been able to eat bread. In fact, my doctor uses the question, "Can you eat bread?" to determine whether or not I need a fill.

One reason I come to this site and this site only is that when I used to go to another site, I found they were very self-righteous and blaming. There seemed to be a lot of finger-wagging going on. Whereas the wonderful people on this site have never been anything but supportive.

Nancy

I can't believe anyone would put you down or make you feel bad for making a mistake. I'm like Vera where sometimes I simply forget that I'm not supposed to eat something, so I spit it out. Just yesterday I needed blood work, so I wasn't supposed to eat anything. I skipped my coffee and my morning Water, then as I was putting my Vitamins in my pocket to take later, I took a nice gulp of liquid Vitamins without even realizing I'd done so. Luckily the lab said it wouldn't change my results. The point is that I drank it without even thinking. Opps, call me human.

Did you chew the bites really well? My doc said only Clear Liquids, but the day after surgery the hospital gave me apple juice that was thick like applesauce. After a few swallows I called my doctor and told him they gave me thick sauce. He said that wasn't a problem and allowed me that apple puree the day after banding. So just start all over again. If you think you hurt yourself, call your doc.

Promise to be good to yourself. Don't let anyone make you feel bad. For Heaven's sake, we are all the same morbidly obese people. Just because some lost weight, that doesn't change the fact that we have all been morbidly out of control in the food department, so nobody has the right to judge you.

Well, what can I say that everyone else hasn't already said? Don't beat yourself up over a few bites, but anymore more than a few bites and you might have to bend over and let us kick your butt. Don't forget the reason for not eating is so your tummy doesn't have to work digesting food, but can heal. Take care!