Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really down and depressed

No one in my life is supportive of me going to Mexico for the lap band. My insurance doesn't cover it so I can't afford it in the states. I feel so alone.

Might start by asking yourself who your doing this for, you or them??? I too am self pay and did consider going to Mexico. For what I'm paying ($16.500) I could almost take me and a friend to Mexico, but KC is alot closer to home.

Dont let your family or friends change your mind, do what YOU want to do. You cant change your family but you can find new friends!

What's best for you??? Good Luck!

What a good point Steve made. But also consider that your family either just doesn't understand or they are scared. Some people who don't have a weight problem have said to me diet and exercise. I look at them think WTF do you think I have spent my life doing???? Also, initially my children were worried and scared of the unknown; i.e. risks, changes in their life, etc. A little education may help your family understand.

Take care and good luck. You won't regret it.

I agree with brickgirl, the best thing that you can do is educate your family. I made mine look at the website for my doctor and this forum's website. I had them read all the literature that my doctor gave me and even made them watch the EMMI film. My better half spoke to people that had had the surgery (we work with 4 people that have done it) it helped him to be more open to it. It was funny, my family still thought that it was going to be much more invasive than it was. I think they thought I would wake up from surgery like some of those people you see on TLC and Discovery saying, "Why did I do this to myself". I woke up ready to go home!! I go my band on Monday and I have not had one second thought about doing it!!

You have to do it for yourself! Invest in your future!! There are all kinds of reasons that people will try and keep you from getting the surgery, just listen to yourself!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches