Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'll Be On Project Runway!!

YAH! Not *the* Project Runway, but a new televised series they're doing in SecondLife. I am a semi-prominent clothing designer in this game..

SecondLife is holding their VERY FIRST TELEVISED COMPETITION.

SecondLife Project Runway.

I entered and didn't think I'd make it, there are thousands of designers, I sent them some samples of my clothing and an application, and forgot about it. I got a letter this morning, I have been selected with ONLY 11 others to be in it! I am just so excited I can't contain myself.

So every week, it's like the real show.. we get a theme, have a time limit to make it, go before judges, etc. Till the last designer is left standing.

This is so exciting for me, such an accomplishment, I have to share this with everyone hah hah!!

When I find out when/where it's televised I'll pass it on. Maybe they'll have a voting round and I can get all of LBT to vote! :rolleyes:

It starts tomorrow for round 1, everyone cross your fingers that I can make it through the first round!!!!!!!!

OMGOSH CONGRATS!!!! Definitely let us know when it's going to be televised/by who! I'll download it if I have to to watch :rolleyes:

Ok I'm so confused. :rolleyes:

There's a show called Project Runway, but you're not on it... but you are on Project Runway's second life? Is that like a spin-off show from Project Runway? But there's a game involved? What kind of game?

Hmm, just searched Second Life to see what the show was about -- and now your post makes a lot more sense.

So it's kind of like an old MUD or MOO, only with a GUI? And in this virtual world, you design "clothing" -- and the game is sponsoring a virtual design competition. Is that right?

Hmm, just searched Second Life to see what the show was about -- and now your post makes a lot more sense.

So it's kind of like an old MUD or MOO, only with a GUI? And in this virtual world, you design "clothing" -- and the game is sponsoring a virtual design competition. Is that right?

Right..SecondLife is a virtual world. It's kind of crazy and hard to explain. You have real estate, stores, clubs, etc. I own a clothing store, and so I design and make clothes for my store.

Companies like IBM, Coca Cola, etc.. have bought into the game and set up.. well, I don't know what they set up, I never went and looked.

So some company is sponsoring a Project Runway inside the game, for the 12 designers that were picked. It's going to be televised on tv somewhere. But it's like a reality show that takes place in a virtual game.

SL is free and free to download, so if you ever want to figure it out, knock yourself out :rolleyes:

Oh yeah if anyone wants to try out SL, PM me and I'll send you free clothes from my shop hehehe. I have over 700 designs currently!

That is really exciting. Please let us know where we can watch this at. I love watching all the design shows.

Verrrrry cool! Best of luck!!!!!

Keeping fingers and toes and eyes and just about everything crossed for you to make it to the next round!

Well it was a chaotic mess today LOL!

Round 1, they said was introductory and to set up and see how filming goes, and work out any bugs.. and bugs we had. They kept making us designers get on the stage with our models, then some designers ran into the models and knocked them to the floor roflmao.

But it was fun.. and since no one went home, whew. It was 8 contestants, not 12. 6 of the entries were BALL GOWNS. What did I enter with? A dominatrix outfit.. leather, straps, ripped pants.. oy. I was definitely one of the bottom...thank god this week was introductions.

Good news, now we start themes. Now we will all be on the same page! This week's theme is 'First Date', and we have to make 3 outfits.. 1 sporty, 1 elegant, 1 casual.

Fingers stay crossed!!