Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Funny things happen when you start to age.

God no, I look like a whale in my legs. I was watching Discovery Health over the week end and they were showing how folks after losing a lot of weight need to get body lifts. I can see this happening to me. Except for the fact I doubt my insurance will pay for such a thing. But they need to realize this is not plastic surgery for vanity reasons, some of us need it for health reasons...all that extra skin smells, gets rash etc...

Oh my gosh, you are hysterical!!! Humor will get us through this no matter what. I heard our faces lose weight first, not sure if it's true. I think this is why they tell us to exercise, to firm up. It is going to be hard work no matter how we look at it, so easy to put it on and so hard to take it off. And I doubt that your thighs look like a whale!! Vicki

just turned 58 and it really worries me too. I feel so much like a senior now. What happened!

So have you been banded? I am 58 and am 3 months out from being banded. Feel great and have lost about 40 lbs.

I had a bad triple chin problem. Now after losing 40 lbs out 3 months from banding, I have found a wonderful product that works wonders It is a product from Beauty Control, sold like Avon. It is a sculpting cream. It has firmed up my skin so much that people are asking about it. Kinda expensive and I ask if they sold it by the gallon! ha ha But well worth the money. Also Nutragena makes one you can get at Walmart. I am 58.

hi kserafin,

what is the name of the product you use?

i have been using one by clinique which is ok. sounds like yours is great.

yes one of the downsides of losing weight (altho' i wouldnt trade it for the world) is a little sagging. but it isnt as bad as i thought it would be.

my mother used to crack me up when she did these facial exercises to firm her ace and neck...and now i find myself doing them.

they say the older you get the smarter your parents get ha!

Hi back at cha! A fellow Texas I see. So when were you banded? I am only 3 months out and love this forum. The product is called Sculptique and is made by Beauty Control. It is sold at Beauty Control spa parties or you can buy it from a consultant. There is a lady who works at my school that sell it but I am sure you can get it online. It is kind of expensive but well worth it.

Hi Mini,

I was just reading this post and saw where you are really trying to eat right, but may be having some problems making good choices. I was doing the same thing until I found this free site online called ( Fitday). It not only tells you how many calories you have eaten, it will also tell you how much Protein, fat,carb. you have eaten for the day. It can also tell you how many calories you have burned off in comparison to what you have eaten for the day. Check it out; and let me know if you like it.

Hi Mini,

I was just reading this post and saw where you are really trying to eat right, but may be having some problems making good choices. I was doing the same thing until I found this free site online called ( Fitday). It not only tells you how many calories you have eaten, it will also tell you how much Protein, fat,carb. you have eaten for the day. It can also tell you how many calories you have burned off in comparison to what you have eaten for the day. Check it out; and let me know if you like it.

Another real good one is SparkPeople.com. Its very motivational also and give u all the stuff U R looking for. They have even been on T.V. a few times.

hi kserafin,

i was banded at the surgi-center...they were GREAT....as was my doctor and staff.

how about you? who was your doctor?