Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jacksonville, Florida

Yep, my scrambled eggs had cheese in them, hubby made them special for me. I also found that because you have to chew food so much more than you used to, you really do learn to appreciate the flavor more. There are also a lot of foods I used to really like, but once I had to actually chew and taste them, discovered they weren't so good after all.

That is great that you ride in the charity rides. I work for daniel's foundation, and am one of the people that put the ride together. Not to brag, but it is one of the best in our area. Maybe I will see you at the next one. We haven't set the date yet, but are looking at the first week in September right now.

Update : I had an appointment yesterday. It had been 3 weeks since my last visit. I lost 7 1/2 lbs. I got another fill, which makes my 5th. No problem in that dept. He asked my opintion. I thought I needed somewhat of a fill, which he did. Time is getting short for you Karen, I am excited for you !!! Where is Lola ??? Haven't seen her in a while . I think I am getting a my tread mill today. I am getting a used one. I am getting one for $ 250.00. Those things are not cheap. So I decided to get a used one. I need something for the exersise. I have not been doing to well in that dept. So I need to pick up the pace.I can loose all the weight I want, but I need to tone and tighten myself up. Well Karen I think it's just you and me on here lately. Take care . Keep me posted on yourself !!! If anyone else is there , hello.... I'll go back for an appointment in 4 weeks this time. I think 3 weeks for me is too soon. I have to be close to being pretty full.

hi guys, I am back again. I have had ISSUES with my computer and was tired of fighting it si I just wasn;t online much at all. I had my first fill on 2/14 and it went great. I was afraid I would be such a chicken but it didn't hurt at all. He put 4cc's in my 9cc band. Surgery was 1/14 and I am down 34 lbs. I haven't exercised one bit yet whichI really hate,but I want to get my butt on that treadmill. I came up to Michigan on 2/16 for my moms 80th bday and was supposed to come home today. However, I have extended my stay until March 3rd to take care of some unexpected things for her. I feel part of the real world now that I have a working computer again! I am so glad things are going well for you, I hope to jump back in and be part of the group. Its hard doing this without you guys!

Hey everyone. I'm also in Jax. I went to Lap Weight Loss Center on Baymeadows. My whole experience has been great, no bumps in the road at all. Surgery set for Feb 5th. I've lost about 5 pounds since starting the pre-op diet last Tuesday. I actually ate a couple of chicken salads and (GASP) they didn't taste too bad. LOL. I'm pretty anxious about getting started on the band. I finally broke the news to my close friends who were very supportive.

Oh, and I'm having the band put in by Dr. Webb.

it's nice to see another dr. webb patient! I love him, he is such a wonderful man and never rushes you when you have questions. I had my first fill 2/14 after my surgery on 1/14. i started to get really hungry the week before that and he said that was good so I know now what it feels like when I need a fill. I scheduled for 6 weeks out, but he said if i need one before that just to call the office.

Hi Everyone! I have been away from the forum for a while, and was so excited to see a Jacksonville thread! I am from Jacksonville, Mandarin area. Dr. Herrera did my surgery at St. Vincent's. He is absolutely wonderful.

I have had some problems, so even though I was banded in April of 2006, I have not lost a lot of weight. But, I am trying to get back on track and have always found that coming back to LBT is great for the support and advice I need. And, when possible, I love giving and offering support as well. So, maybe as an "older" bandster, I can offer you guys some insight and advice, and you guys can help me regain the excitement and promise of having this wonderful tool and get my booty back in gear.

I look forward to talking to all of you!

hi susan!

I am also in Mandarin, surgery with Dr. Webb at Memorial on 1/14. It isnice to know you have ben through a lot of this stuff already - we can all be such wonderful support and chering staff for each other. I am off old St. Augustine near Hood road - where are you?

Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just wrote out this really long reply and lost it!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Alright this one is going to be shorter!

Hi! Yes I am fine!!!! I can't believe I haven't written here since surgery! I'm so sorry!!! Everything was a breeze and I am healing well I think. Still just taking it easy and not pushing myself.

If you want all the details of my journey so far just click on the link in my signature and it will take you to my blog.

It is good to read about how Dr. Cywes does his fills as that will be my next big step. Does he require clear or full liquids for two days after the fill. Right now I'm hating clear liquids! I get to start Protein shakes tomorrow and I can't believe how much I am looking forward to them! Protein should help with my strength and the hunger which I am already starting to feel.

I have already lost 20lbs since my first appt one month ago, three of those since surgery on Thursday. It will be interesting to see how much I weigh this coming Thursday at my pre-op.

Anyone else need to check in? Once I get back on food I would love to arrange a get together with all of us! (Right now it's a little difficult to be around people eating). Hopefully in a few weeks or so?

I promise not to be so absent. I really thought I had checked in here but have been hanging out a lot on the February bandster support group and the Banded Bikers board LOLOLOL

Talk to everyone soon! Make sure to read my blog!

hi karen,

i'm so glad things went well for you. Even though I have not been on the boards, I have ben praying for you and everyone else that has started this journey....we're all in this together. Way to go on your progress, I hope you continue to feel well. I would love to get together and meet up soon!

Let's start with what is a good day of the week for everyone. OneTuesday or Wednesday per month?

depending on the week, i am good for either night. where do we want to try and meet up?

Hey all, I'm good for either Tues. or Weds. since those are hubby's days off and he'll be able to watch the little guy for me. I've never been able to make it to one of Dr. Cywes' office support groups due to the drive and it being on Thurs. (no one to babysit) so I'm super excited about us locals getting together. I too have plenty of room to host so if you want to switch houses every other month or something that would be fine with me (I live in OP - Oakleaf Plantation). Thanks to those of you that are putting this together for us Jax Bandsters, sounds like we could all use a local support system ;-) Hope to hear from you soon. Be well. KKG

hi kelly,

how old is your little one? i have 4 kids at home, if we decide to alternate houses you are always welcome to bring him to my house as my other kids will keep him entertained LOL! I know how hard it is to get sitters.

hi kelly,

how old is your little one? i have 4 kids at home, if we decide to alternate houses you are always welcome to bring him to my house as my other kids will keep him entertained LOL! I know how hard it is to get sitters.

Lori, Hello there, great to meet another fellow Jax Bandster! My son is 2 1/2, he'll be 3 in June. Wow, 4 kids, you're brave cos' I can barely keep up with my 1 ;-) That's awesome to know that the kids will be welcome at your house as well as mine. I'm eager to get a meeting together since I have not been able to attend any at my surgeon's office due to how far a drive it is for me and since it's on Thurs. and my hubby works till 9:30pm. So I hope we can all get together soon, but in the meantime this board is an awesome support system. Hope to talk to you again soon. Keep up the great work! Be well. KKG

I am in St. Augustine...seriously considering surgery in Mexico in April. My insurance won't cover it even though I am diabetic and the new studies show incredible results for diabetics with this surgery. I am concerned about where to go for fills - most US doctors won't work with someone who had surgery out of the country. I think there is a place in Ocala and one in Moultrie, Ga that I can use. I am scared but very excited.

I am in St. Augustine...seriously considering surgery in Mexico in April. My insurance won't cover it even though I am diabetic and the new studies show incredible results for diabetics with this surgery. I am concerned about where to go for fills - most US doctors won't work with someone who had surgery out of the country. I think there is a place in Ocala and one in Moultrie, Ga that I can use. I am scared but very excited.

Hi Lois!!!

I would just make absolutely sure that you already have a fill doctor set up before you get too far down the road. You don't want to have the band and not be able to use it properly. Also do some checking around in the states for doctor's who are offering specials on lap band surgery. You might even be able to find someone cheaper than going to Mexico. I know Dr. Cywes doesn't handle patients from Mexico either so you want to make sure you have everything in your favor. It's a big step! Congratulations!!!!

hi karen,

i'm so glad things went well for you. Even though I have not been on the boards, I have ben praying for you and everyone else that has started this journey....we're all in this together. Way to go on your progress, I hope you continue to feel well. I would love to get together and meet up soon!

Hi Lori!!! Good to have you back! I've been absent a little while myself! Just busy with life and such. I am basically all healed up and feeling completely back to normal with the exception of this annoying burping which is very uncomfortable feeling. My weight loss has completely stalled so that is frustrating as well. The scale pretty much stopped moving once I began transitioning back to real food. I'm not eating too much and in fact, may not be eating enough, but it's baffling to not be losing weight when only consuming 700-800 calories a day and 30 gms of carbs/day. Hopefully I'll start dropping again after I get my first fill on March 11th.

hi susan!

I am also in Mandarin, surgery with Dr. Webb at Memorial on 1/14. It isnice to know you have ben through a lot of this stuff already - we can all be such wonderful support and chering staff for each other. I am off old St. Augustine near Hood road - where are you?

Lori, I am off of Old St. Augustine as well, just on the opposite end from you. You go down Hood Landing (by St. Joseph's Catholic Church) to get to my house. We are practically neighbors!

I work on Old St. Augustine Road at the other end...in the new strip center at Phillips Hwy. I am new to the group - planning to have my surgery in Mexico on April 7th. My insurance won't cover a penny even though I am diabetic and this procedure can dramatically help with that.

Lois you work by The Rooster! LOL (Biker Bar) We hang out there fairly often. I live down at US 1 and 210 about 10 minutes south of where you are. I shop at the Bartram Publix and we eat at the Woody's in that shopping center at Phillips and St. Aug Road all the time! We are all very close.

I work in the shopping center that Woody's is in, - have had many a lunch there, just around the corner and next to the hair salon. I live just wouth of you off of SR 16 behind the Outlet Mall.