Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jacksonville, Florida

Anyone from Jacksonville, Florida??? I have not seen anyone yet. Anyone want to share there progress together? :clap2::biggrin1::whoo::huh2::glare::ranger: We all need friends with this in common...

I am from Orange Park, FL. I was banded by Doctor Baptista on January, 16. I am glad to find some local folks on here.

am mark salameh Have a sandwich shp on emerson call me with any ??? or come by. always like to meet fellow banders esp ones done in mexico 904 396 3666

I am from Orange Park, FL. I was banded by Doctor Baptista on January, 16. I am glad to find some local folks on here.

I'm being banded by Dr. Baptista on Feb 20th. I'm excited.

Guest BikiniBeachy

Hi guys, my name is Lisa and I live in Denver right now but I used to live in Jacksonville.

I hopped onto this board to see if I could find anyone to connect with for motivation, support and good conversation :tt2: I miss Jacksonville with ALL my heart and was hoping I could get a feeling like I really am not all that far from it if I met some banders from there! Anyone out there ?

Guest BikiniBeachy

Oh yeah and although I didn't live in Jacksonville my whole life...I did live there for a few years. I lived in Southside near JTB and Gate...then I moved to Jax Beach (or north PVB) on PV Lakes Blvd. What part of town are ya'll at?

Oh yeah and although I didn't live in Jacksonville my whole life...I did live there for a few years. I lived in Southside near JTB and Gate...then I moved to Jax Beach (or north PVB) on PV Lakes Blvd. What part of town are ya'll at?

I've only lived here for a few years. I'm actually in college at FSU. but my parents live in Fleming Island. I had Dr. Baptista and he did an amazing job. I have some pain in the port area and some small gas pain, but nothing unmanageable! I have family that lives in Denver and I'm actually flying there in May. How long ago did you get banded?

Guest BikiniBeachy

Oh wow which part! I live in Southeast Denver. I had my surgery four months ago. I'd do anything to go to FSU or UNF How's the weather today? And your band ??

Talk to you soon,

:) Hello Jacksonville people....I havent' posted since like August..Yikes that was a while ago, but alas after a denial from my insurance company and a very lengthy appeal process... I have been approved and have a surgery date too. I actually began my "liquid" diet yesterday and I must say WOW am I ever hungry and does my head hurt! My big question is What exactly is a liquid diet? I put a call into my doc's office by my girl is out for the day....I've read and re-read the paperwork she gave me and I can't find anything other than Adkins Advantage and broth...Please help if you can..My surgeon is Dr. Stankard.....

thank You.....

Oh wow which part! I live in Southeast Denver. I had my surgery four months ago. I'd do anything to go to FSU or UNF :tt1: How's the weather today? And your band ??

Talk to you soon,

:)

I'm studying at FSU. I'm a international affairs major and actually am not taking classes this semester so i can focus on my surgery and such. But I'm sooo ready to go back for summer! I haven't had to live with my parents for 3 years and now all the sudden it feels like High school! I'm not sure what part of Denver my family lives in. I havn't been there to see them in so long, they always come see us! But I'm really excited to fly there. And the weather today is amazing. It's a little cold, about 60, but clear blue sky. I drove over to the beach today just to get out of the house and it was just so amazing.

:) Hello Jacksonville people....I havent' posted since like August..Yikes that was a while ago, but alas after a denial from my insurance company and a very lengthy appeal process... I have been approved and have a surgery date too. I actually began my "liquid" diet yesterday and I must say WOW am I ever hungry and does my head hurt! My big question is What exactly is a liquid diet? I put a call into my doc's office by my girl is out for the day....I've read and re-read the paperwork she gave me and I can't find anything other than Adkins Advantage and broth...Please help if you can..My surgeon is Dr. Stankard.....

thank You.....

Well when I was on the liquid diet I had to have nothing but Water (my surgeon wanted 1 gallon a day) and some chicken broth. It REALLY sucked but was worth it because I had a perfect liver and I'm healing great after the surgery. Good luck!

:thumbup:Hello again...my lap top has been out of commision for a few weeks...anyway..tomorrow is the big day..i'm being banded at 7:30 am at Orange Park Hospital. Got to go scrub with the gross soap the hospital gave me, both tonight and tomorrow morning...I will check in again in a few days..I'm certain I will have many questions.

Kerrie

Hi everyone I was banded by Dr Cywes on 2/26/09 A wonderful doctor and I love the staff. I 'm now 2 weeks and 2 days post off. I have lost a total of 19 lbs. I weigh 213 and my goal is to lose 15 pounds by my birthday march 28th. I have been working out doing walk and tone 5 days a week for 32 mins, taking a break on the weekend. watch what I eat Faithfully. Protein first then veggie do a Protein Shake for breafast and get my Water in 64 ounces. I do not get my first fill untill April 7th. I know it's early but seems like I should be losing more then I'm right now. Did anyone else feel that way before there first fill.19 pound weight loss53 pounds to go.

Edited by MizSandy

Has anyone noticed the full page ads in the FL Times Union over the past few weeks promoting gastric banding in Jacksonville? Finally, local doctors are offering weight loss solutions to those of us who are not "medically approved." Now, if they could be competitive with Mexico prices---hmmm.

I really enjoyed the Springin' the Blues Festival at the beach this past weekend. The weather was fabulous, I rented a place for the weekend and had an awesome time. I'm not as self-conscious about myself in public. I wore shorts & tank top.

How long did it take from the consultation until you had your surgery? I'm going to Dr. Webb's weekly seminar before I can go to his consultation. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield and am anxious to get the surgery going.

Edited by BethL

I am mark in jacksonville, lost 70 lbs from surgery in Mexico, where do you get your fills????

Hey Mark, Could you tell me where you went in Mexico? It's so expensive here and I'm really nervous about going to another Country. Are you 100% happy with your decision? Thanks, Leesa