Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please help me with fill problem

Hi there,

I had my second fill yesterday (1 ml extra to make 5 mls total). Last night I was able to eat Soup without a problem but today I can't even swallow my own spit so have had no fluids for almost 24 hours.

Is it likely to relax given that I was okay last night, or should I be panicking?

Thanks in anticipation.

You probably need an unfill. My fills tend to tighten as time goes on for the first week to ten days. You need to be careful about dehydration because that can cause serious problems. Please call your doctor and take care.

Sue

Unfortunately I am away from home as my mum died at the weekend and I have travelled 300 miles to her home for the funeral, so I know nothing about fills/unfills locally.

Is there anything anyone can suggest to ease it a bit (does red wine sometimes slacken it as I've read, enough to get Water down?). I really want to avoid an unfill if at all possible. Who would believe 1ml could make so much difference!

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sorry to hear about your mom. My uncle died yesterday so I have been totally stressed out - I had a fill on Friday and since I heard about the death (yesterday) I have barely been able to keep anything down. I saw these ideas and am going to try warm tea with milk.

Unfortunately I am away from home as my mum died at the weekend and I have travelled 300 miles to her home for the funeral, so I know nothing about fills/unfills locally.

Is there anything anyone can suggest to ease it a bit (does red wine sometimes slacken it as I've read, enough to get Water down?). I really want to avoid an unfill if at all possible. Who would believe 1ml could make so much difference!

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. My thoughts are with you and your family. I hope you get things sorted out with your fill.

Thank you for all your replies.

I ended up yesterday in a general hospital locally having IV fluids and after several failed attempts to withdraw Fluid from my band, along came an Upper GI Surgical Consultant who managed first time and took out 2mls, leaving me with 3mls. The relief was immediate and now I feel fine. I think I'll leave it at 3mls for a while to settle down then go back to my fill nurse and go up to 4.5 as 5 is clearly too tight. I wouldn't like to re-live the last 48 hours!

Thanks again.

I'm in the same boat! I've had about 6 oz of Clear Liquids today and I don't even think that is going down, but maybe being absorbed by the upper stomach on top of the stoma. I was told to drink warm liquids only. No cold stuff. Warm Water, tea, coffee, broth,,,, but its hard. I had my fill Sat in Mexico (im from northern cali) I am flying out tomorrow for an unfill. I am miserable. what I would do for a glass of water! damn it!

Hope I feel the same instant relief you did.