Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

excited nervious and impatient

I'm officially going to my seminar tomorrow. I'm so anxious and I just want to get this done. I'm relieved to see that alot of people have not had to many problems getting approved and for the most part not to many people have to wait months and months for the surgery. I've been researching and thinking about this for about a year and my parents are giving me the money for the program, ever since then I've been on this non stop search for as much information as possible. Reading these threads have been extreamly helpful and helped me to confirm that this is the best decision I can make for myself I'm 26 and have struggled with my weight since I was 12. Its caused me alot of self esteem issues and in general just made me a lazy introvert. I just want to be healthy and happy and I really feel like this is my year. A few of my friends that i've mentioned my decision to have been a bit negative asking me if i've thought this through totally and dont' I think I could just try to do it on my own. But whats really made this choice so easy for me is knowing that this will help me to not have to worry all the time about my weight obviously this only a tool and I have to make extreme changes to my lifestyle but to know that this is giving me a chance at the life I dreamed about my whole life to be thin and beautiful and to not think every time I walk into a room that people are thinking about how short and fat I am. I just want everyone to know that the stories i've read here are so inspiring and i wish eveyone the best. Hopefully I will be joining the banded soon, with much less of me and more of a fullfilled life.

keep your fingers crossed that every thing goes good.:P

Welcome to LBT! I totally know what you mean about ppl being negative, that's why I'm not telling too many ppl. I mean if half of our friends knew how many times we've tried to diet and keep it off, they would understand why we are going this route. I KNOW this is going to work for me, I know I can do this....and I want and need to do it...not for my friends, family, husband, son..but FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blessings to you and keep us well informed of your progress...BTW I'm pre-band...my seminar is saturday!!

Well I super excited I went to my seminar last night and got my appt for for consult with my surgen Dr Irgau. Its on 1/25. I'm so happy this process is really starting I never really thought it would

hi ladies, you are not alone in feeling what you are feeling.we've all been there and definitely dont need any negativity from anyone. You and only YOU know about your struggles firsthand and no one is to judge you for doing what you think is right for you. I am 3 days post op and can tell you that I feel great! not hungry at all and other than some mild discomfort at the port site, i feel so good. I cant wait until I can get my hair done and start feeling good in my clothes again.