Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GNC Protein Shake suggestions?

I can't stand the Any-Whey, so-called "virtually tasteless" Protein Powder anymore. I'm also struggling with eating enough items each day to even put the powder in it! So, I really want a Protein Shake that will pack a big punch and get most (if not all) of my Protein in in 1 shake. Does anybody know how many grams of protein are in GNC Protein Shakes, and are they good ? I will go buy a couple tonight, but some quick suggestions will help me out a lot.

I really like Iso-Pure Protein powder, and you can purchase it at GNC. No-carb and low-carb versions available. No sugar, low calories, and comes in a variety of flavors. I add 1 or 2 scoops to 2 cups of skim milk and it's yummy and really fills me up. You need to play around with a few protein powders to see what works for you. But, yes, I prefer Iso-Pure, and it was suggested by my nutritionist. :eek:

Nature's Best® Isopure Zero Carb 40g per 20oz. - Alpine Punch 916049

12 bottle(s) Ready to Drink

pixel.gif

Regular Price: $44.99

pixel.gif

Gold Card Price: $35.99 or $38.99 at The Vitamon Shoppe without the special gold card that costs you money.

If you add one tube of Crystal LIght to the Alpine Punch, the taste improves from totally acceptable, to pretty darn good AND 40g or Protein. You can drink 1/4 of the bottle throughout the day and achieve nearly your entire Protein count for the day.

Also:

Muscle Milk Lite Ready to Drink, chocolate Milk or chocolate Mint. 8.5 ounces which is good for our little stomachs. About 20 grms of protein per but I hear they are developing a 25gm formula. I REALLY REALLY like the Chocolate Mint one. Can purchase on line at much less than at GNC or The Vitamon Shoppe.

I buy X-Power chocolate. It is AMAZING. I refused to drive any Protein Shakes because I think they taste HORRIBLE. MY friend introduced me to this and I absoutely love it! It was $44.88 including shipping, but it is HUGE. It is good for like 5 years. I use 1 scoop, 4 ounces of skim milk, 1/2 T. of Peanut Butter and milk-150 calories, 11 grams of protein=ONlY 1/2 C.

Try Slim Fast - Low Carb (20 grams of protein)

Taste pretty good also.

There is a PRUE Protein candy bar and Wal-Mart back near the pharmacy area. 20 grams of Protein. Chewy chocolate Chip is my favorite but these bars comes in Peanut Butter, chocolate DELUXE and S'MORES.

You might try mixing up your protein and trying something differently.

I also used a liquid Protein, 42 grams of protein.

1-vial of fruit Punch.

You can purchase this on Buy Discount Vitamins, supplements, Low Carb and More at www.Vitacost.com or BODYTECH! - BodyTech.com

These are just suggestions. I like each of these better than

the shakes. I used the Chocolate unjury shakes and I got to a point that I had enough.

I wish you well... during your journey.

My son buys CELLMASS in berry blast. He's the gym junky in the house.

I personally gagged on the whey powder. I eventually went to Advantage which is available at Walgreens. Tastes just fine in chocolate and also the Gold bars are very good. I supplement my intake with the Protein.

Nature's Best® Isopure Zero Carb 40g per 20oz. - Alpine Punch 916049

12 bottle(s) Ready to Drink

pixel.gif

Regular Price: $44.99

pixel.gif

Gold Card Price: $35.99 or $38.99 at The Vitamon Shoppe without the special gold card that costs you money.

If you add one tube of Crystal LIght to the Alpine Punch, the taste improves from totally acceptable, to pretty darn good AND 40g or Protein. You can drink 1/4 of the bottle throughout the day and achieve nearly your entire protein count for the day.

Also:

Muscle Milk Lite Ready to Drink, chocolate Milk or Chocolate Mint. 8.5 ounces which is good for our little stomachs. About 20 grms of protein per but I hear they are developing a 25gm formula. I REALLY REALLY like the Chocolate Mint one. Can purchase on line at much less than at GNC or The Vitamon Shoppe.

What flavor Crystal Lite do you add to your Alpine Punch out of curiosity? I have a whole case of the Alpine Punch that I haven't tried yet.

Ack! The words "Crystal Light" make me shudder. I can't stand that stuff, so I doubt it would make any drink taste better to me. LOL It has the worst aftertaste on the face of this green earth. I'm surprised it's so popular. :omg:

Ack! The words "Crystal Light" make me shudder. I can't stand that stuff, so I doubt it would make any drink taste better to me. LOL It has the worst aftertaste on the face of this green earth. I'm surprised it's so popular. :omg:

LOL...I have become a Crystal Light junkie and stocked up really good on it. I have found that if you add some yogurt to the powdered shake mix, it really makes it better.

In the early post banding days, it really isn't about having food we enjoy ( we all did that before and that's why we got a band), it's about sucking it up and getting our Protein in and allowing the healing from surgery to happen. It's kind of like taking cough medicine, we hate the taste, but we need it to stop the cough!

Isopure CLEAR protein has 40 gms of protein in one bottle. Drink just one bottle a day and you've met 2/3 to 1/2 of your protein goals for the day.

Several flavors: I am drinking a glass of Pineapple/Banana right now. I also like the Alpine Punch and Apple Melon. There is blue raspberry, orange, grape and peach mango.

I prefer it very cold over ice.