Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just bought my first pair of size 16 pants

They are off white corduroy so they don't have a lot of stretch to them either. I saw them in the store on clearance and I just had to have them. Most of my 18's were a little roomy so I figured i would see about graduating although I know sizes run different in different stores. I did not try them on in the store because I hate trying on stuff. When I got home, I took them out of the bag and held them up. I was like "oh Lord, girl what were you thinking?. There is no way you are getting your butt in those skinny jeans". I was going to just bag them back up and take them back but the voices told me to try them to see if they could at least clear my butt. Not only did they clear my butt, but they zipped and as soon as the weather gets back cold here in VA, I will be wearing my size 16 pants to work. I'm so happy. I never imagined this day.

I forgot to mention that I was banded 1/19/07 (bandiversary coming up) and on surgery day i was wearing 26's and some 24's.

Congratulations!! and Congrats on your one year band anniversary too!

Woohoooo!!! :clap2:

I loved being that size!! I still have a whole box of my 16's and 18's and can't wait to one day fit back into them!! I think 14/16 was my favorite size to be.. still had some meat on me, but felt really healthy.

GO GIRL GO GIRL!! :eek:

I know the feeling!!! On my surgery date I was a 22/24 sometimes 26/28 in shirts..... here I am... 6 weeks and a little over 25 lbs out... and I'm loving the fact that I can squeeze into a size that starts with a one! I didn't think I'd love being an 18 as much as I do....and people at work are starting to notice. Someone came over to me and said, wow, you are looking great. I was sooooooo happy, all day, smiling from ear to ear. :eek:

Congrats on your banndiversary, weight loss and getting into a 16! I can't wait to be that size again and buy trendy clothes in the regular section!

Good going girl! It feels great to pick something up off the rack and try it on only for it to fit like a glove. Pretty soon you will be in 14's even better.

I think I am on my way to 16's too! I am too scared to go try them though! I just bought a pair of juniors size 19 and I can pull the down without unbuttoning or unzipping them. Congrats to you!!!

BTW Jfran, you look gorgeous in your Dec. pic! Way to go! Not that you don't look good in your others, but you look so much more full of life and energy. I can see your happiness all over your face! Good for you! I also love your hair wavy too!

BTW Jfran, you look gorgeous in your Dec. pic! Way to go! Not that you don't look good in your others, but you look so much more full of life and energy. I can see your happiness all over your face! Good for you! I also love your hair wavy too!

thanks! This haircut I have is great because it looks great both straight and curly- I change depending on my mood.