Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Full, Bloated and Uncomfortable...Arghhh!

Ok...I had my first fill last Thursday. I was on liquids for 2 days and diced Protein and mushies for 2 days. Well, last night I ate dinner which consisted of 1 cup of Chili, 1 oz. of cheddar cheese and 1 tbsp of sour cream and 1 slice of deli ham while I was preparing dinner. After I ate, I was still feeling a little hungry so I grabbed some more ham to fill the whole. About 1/2 hour later I was so dang full that I hurt. I didn't feel sick to my stomach or anything just really full. Like I had eaten a whole turkey dinner with all the fixings and dessert full. I felt that way for hours and could not even drink my Water.

This morning I ate Breakfast which was Weight Control banana bread oatmeal with 1/2 scoop of powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder and a 1 tbsp of honey. I couldn't finish the bowl because I was full. I ate lunch today which was leftover chili (1 Cup) with cheese and sour cream and was very full. I was not hungry for 6 hours after eating and was very bloated and uncomfortable. Then it dawned on me that maybe the Beans in the chili were wrecking havoc with my stomach. I was not able to eat to much for dinner because of the bloated feeling but ate protein. I took two Mylanta's for the gas & bloating and am drinking water to kind combat this.

Anyone experience this type of feeling after the fill or is this just a case of eating way to much chili. I just hate this full bloated feeling.

Thanks for letting me vent and helping me figure this out.

Cindy

Maybe your stomach is swollen from the fill. I would take it easy on the food. For me the ham would have caused me problems. I have noticed that meats like ham or dryer meats cause me some problems. I feel like I have a rock in the pit of my stomach.

Hey Cindy what I'd give for that kind of restriction again. Obviously I don't want to feel sick but maybe you need to eat a little less each time and a little more often. I found when I had restriction that it worked for me to do that.

Hey Cindy what I'd give for that kind of restriction again. Obviously I don't want to feel sick but maybe you need to eat a little less each time and a little more often. I found when I had restriction that it worked for me to do that.

Sades-

That is what I am trying for today. I am cutting everything in half. I think that you maybe right that I may be feeling restriction and don't know it yet. I am still unsure what my body is telling me. Before the fill, I was able to eat 1 cup to 2 cups of food so I was assuming if I went to 1 cup it would be fine.

I am going to see how today goes with the smaller quantities. I don't feel as bloated this morning and I lost 1lb overnight. I am going to take it easy and let my body dictate what I should be able to eat instead of what my diet plan calls for.

I agree if this is restriction than I am very happy that I got it on the first shot. I know that it will be short lived.

Thanks a bunch for the words of wisdom. By the way, when is your next fill?

Cindy

Unfortunately not until the 23rd Cindy... need it sooner than that but can't get in. I am going on Protein Shakes for 2 days just to get back on track. Glad to hear that you're feeling a little better and losing weight... good one! :whoo::whoo:

Holly-

I had my first fill yesterday and I feel bloated. I am gassy and really frustuated. This afternoon for lunch I cheated and had some rice Soup...which was fine, although I only ate about half a cup before I was full and felt like I was gonna throw up...and the gas was unbearable.

I am resorting to shakes for the rest of the week, until maybe Saturday...although I had scrambled eggs with cheese this evening which went down fine.

I have a feeling what we are experiencing is restriction. I hope it keeps on this way because my surgeon only allow fills every 8 week...which means it won't be until March 4th before I can get my second fill...yikes, hope I survive...