Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good Morning, Violets..

I'm up and attem for church this morning. We had a rough night last night. The winds were horrible again and of course Jetta, the garage dog, went nuts. So we brought her in and barricaded her in the breeze way here. SOmehow she got through it and ended up in our bedroom. But she slept on the floor and the two yorkies seemed to be ok with it. The winds have died down so she's back in the garage, but we sure didn't get much sleep last night.

It's 3 degrees right now with a wind chill of -14. I was going to wear my new size 14 skirt to church, but am opting for corduroy slacks and a heavy sweater instead. So much for fashion!

The scale went down another pound today and I'm confident I can make my mini-goal for sure by Valentine's day! Keeping my fingers crossed and my body moving.

Off to fix Breakfast and get myself dressed and slathered with make up. Everyone have a great day. Catch you all later.

Way to go Judy

I pb'd on a pc of roast beef yesterday so I am back on track today, I'm not going to weigh myself until Wed and I don't even want to know what I've gained this weekend. Oh well, move forward

drinking coffee, just getting up. kids were all back in their beds last night, i got the best night sleep ever, or at least it seemed.

:):thumbup:woohooo Judy!:crying::thumbup:you are my hero!:rose:

I second that!!!!

You are doing fantastic Judy. Wish I could get my body moving. Not going to happen today -- I am sick. Lost my voice yesterday. Seems to have gone to the next stage - the chest. :thumbup: Have a wonderful day everyone!:drool:

Good morning violets-how is everyone today?

Jane-I sure hope you feel better soon!

We did go to my neices wedding yesterday. Her dh could not go to the reception cause he has the flu. My poor neice had to cut the cake alone....I felt so sorry for her! My sister said that macy did not run any fever last night so hopefully that is that. It just worries me about her going back to daycare tomorrow with such a low resistance!

I am going to post a pic of me and dh at the reception. I have been so broad shouldered my whole life and in this pic I am actually not looking like a linebacker anymore!

Have a great day everyone!

Judy - Congrats!!! You've been working awfully hard and deserve to see some reflection on the scale! Way to go, girlfriend!!!

OKAY....drumroll please!!! I want to see some freakin' dancing nanners!!! Yesterday I was 181.8 and today 181.6....so that's 2 days at 181! FINALLY A NEW NUMBER!!!!!!!!!! I haven't seen a new number since October!!! Woooooooo hoooooooo!!!

I had an absolute blast at my art clay class yesterday and made 3 pendants! I wish I could photograph them for you but it's almost impossible to photograph silver w/o the fancy camera equipment. The only problem with it is that now I have a whole 'nother new expensive obsession! I'm gonna have to find a way to start selling this stuff to pay for my habit! Arrrrgh!

Mom's still in the hospital. She is so damn cranky and is rude to everyone....it's so embarrassing! I had to practically yell at her yesterday....well, I DID yell at her yesterday....and today I feel so bad. My sister is MIA and I'm just getting tired.

I'll be checking in.... I'm gonna go hammer some metal!

WOOOOOHOOOOOO Terri!!! WAY TO GO SISTA!!!!!!!!!!

(i will let pammie do the boobie naners, but I will give ya these)

:drool::cool::):Dancing_tongue::crying::rose::bananapartyhat::thumbup::lol::woot:

Tracy ....you look absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! Yep, you look like a skinny chick now!! You need to go post this in the B&A thread! Your hubby is a cutie-pie, too!! Go Tracy...Go Tracy...Go Tracy:bananapowerslide:

That is so great Terry... way t go

Tracy - you look absolutely fantastic sister!

Terry! :):Banane20::crying::Banane20::rose::Banane20::thumbup::Banane20::drool::Banane20::cool::Banane20::lol::Banane20::Banane20:Good on you!

And TracyK~ You look great! Glad you were able to go to wedding, and that Macy is on the mend (keeping my fingers crossed).

I feel soooo freakin old. My back hurts so bad, probably cause I haven't worked out in a week and 1/2. I have got to come up w/ something. The doc said to keep working out, but can't still for a few days. Honestly, I am beyond freakin depressed!

Pamela - Do you know how to stretch your back? Lay on the floor, knees bent, then drop them very gently to one side then hold for 15 seconds...repeat on the other side and hold. Repeat 10 times. You only want to drop them until you START to feel a stretch...a very gentle stretch. Then, still laying on the floor, pull one knee at a time to your chest...again...very gentle stretch...then both knees. Then you can do a cat stretch...get on all 4's and arch your back like a cat...hold you tummy in firmly...then relax. Repeat that about 5 times. Then while your still on all 4s, gently drop back, arms in front and lower your bottom onto your heels...like a Muslim in prayer...LOL. If you do that routine 2-3 times a day you'll heal much faster!

Thanks Terry~ I should of remembered that...we do all the stretches in Jazzercise! Gonna do some now!

xo

Tracy ....you look absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! Yep, you look like a skinny chick now!! You need to go post this in the B&A thread! Your hubby is a cutie-pie, too!! Go Tracy...Go Tracy...Go Tracy

I posted in B&A:biggrin:

I used a different before pic taken when I was in las vegas a year ago this month!

Thanks for the compliments ladies!

Good morning all you successful banders!!!

You are all doing wonderfully. I amso glad your scale moved Terry--I think maybe we got stuck in the great "scale strike of '07-'08" ... Obviously some people just had those kind of scales that crossed the picket line!!:) I am so glad for all of you that yours are moving. Mine is too actually....up .50....down .50, just frequently enough to get my hopes up and assure me that the scale is working fine, it is me that is the problem!! BUT in my former life...I weighed in at 185 for probably 4 years---so I think my body is under the impression we have arrived at goal---it is wrong, wrong, WRONG!!!

Pamela----your back likely hurts due to using the muscles differently to baby your knee. Anytime I had knee issues, it would also affect my back. Sometimes even the other leg wigs out over the extra burden you put on it. Terry gives good advice!!

Wow, you are really getting the cold spell now Judy. Here it is slowly melting off, we have had some decent weather---above freezing I mean---I think we might have made 40 yesterday. But it melts it all into Water then when it gets dark there is black ice everywhere. Including my driveway. Manda fell last night carrying Kinsey--I felt so bad. They are scratched up, and I imagine Manda's chiropractic visit yesterday was worthless---but they are ok, neither one hit their heads or anything, elbows, and backs mostly. Poor girls. Rick was up and out there salting, I was having a fit, my gosh if he fell on the cement on his owie??!! Which by the way is so bruised it now goes half way down his inner thigh....ouch!

Jane, Gina--hope you girls feel better soon! Colds/Flu are everywhere here as well as some stomach virus that has taken Becky down. Mom was taking lunch out to them today--not me, I am avoiding the germs!

Tracy--you look wonderful!! Your poor niece, but it will be a wedding everyone will remember. I always worried about that, when planning my DD's weddings!! You do look great! Glad Macy is seeming to be on the mend for good now. Do you give her Vitamins? Maybe add some serious orange juice!!!LOL I have no idea how to protect them from it all.

Jenn---glad you finally got some sleep, that will do wonders for making you feel better. Getting the funeral behind you, and feeling confident in the fact that your Grandma is no longer hurting, and that you did all the things with her and for her you wanted....makes it where you can sleep with ease. I am so glad.

Well I am off to peruse the morning paper....oh--and I need to call myself to see if Manda put my phone back the way I had it!! I have 3 rings...and she changed them! She won all these free ring tones. Which is all good for her, I like my 3...it gives me a good idea who is calling, and I like all the music...one of them I tend to let play too long so Kinsey can sing, and Manda (her ring) always hangs up thinking I am not going to answer--think that is why she changed it!!!

See ya in awhile!

Kat