Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Hi everyone,

Tracy, I'm so glad Frank is doing better. I can't even imagine how frightened you must have been!

Jenn, I'll be thinking of you and your gram. Hope you're doing ok.

I'm still feeling pretty blue...think it's a combination of many things...you all know what they are. So I'm not talking so much lately but I am checking in to read 3-4x a day.

Love to you all .... XOXOXO

Hey, That recipe that I posted a little back for the Nacho Fondue. I'm not sure if any of you made it or not but I was the hit of the evening. Everyone was goo goo over it. Have to I was pretty impressed myself. Really had to limit myself with it. Later I made Fajitas and we used it on then also. You guys need to give it a try.

Yeah, Giants, Super Bowl Champs.

Good evening, Violets..

Well, I made it through day two of no snacks!!! I had meatballs, glazed pork, settler's Beans and taco dip with 5 small, round tostido chips. NO chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and NO Valentine candy that was out. And NO potato casserole. If I can get through a Super Bowl party being good, I can be good on a regular day and be proud!!

And the team I wanted to win, did!! AND my Pistons beat the Mavericks. Woooo hoooooo!!

Tracy... hope Frank is feeling better.

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well! Catch you all tomorrow.

I am NOT a football person, but I pick someone (randomly, since I have no idea about football) to win every year. I picked mine this morning, our news channel had a camel eating a graham cracker from a hand and it picked Giants. So that was my pick. I played squares, which I have played for years, and even with good numbers I NEVER EVER WIN. I don't get it. So lost all that, but with almost 3 minutes left and Giants down I said "They're going to have a miracle come back, you'll see", everyone in the room was rooting for Patriots. And low and behold. I was like SEE SEE! So I won 18 bucks on my 5 dollar bet on Giants hah.

They didn't have a lot of Snacks for the game, surprisingly. chips & Dip, Veggie tray, pigs in a blanket, and chicken wrapped in bacon with brown sugar. I ate califlower and chips & french onion dip. I'm eating a yogurt now. I'm hungry, no Protein today :eek:

We are home too--amazing---roads all around us are closed, a foot of new snow. Still snowing. They already called Manda and Becky, they closed the plant to all but emergency crews. So no Kinsey tomorrow! She played in the hot tub, while it snowed, she thought she was such a big shot. She has a little bit of a cold, so I was not sure about the decision to let her go, but the other kids went and her Mama said she could, so I stayed out of it!

I didn't care who won the game, I cheered for the Giants, but not for any special reason! Was one of those years, it was a ho-hum game for us!

Well, I am going to go watch House with Rick, will check in later!

Kat

Hey everyone,

Well, I lost $100 bucks today on squares (3 $20 squares and 8 $5 dollar squares)...ooooo well. I usually call Superbowl squares my "Annual piss away 20 bucks"...so I decided to change my luck and make it more. Oh well.

TracyK and Laura~ glad you won! Tracy hope Frank is feeling better. Did you threaten him w/ Susie's emails if he doesn't drink!

Susie~ I drank 67.6 oz today. I wanted to try the fondue, but didn't yet. I printed it out though!

I ended up watching the commercials today during the game and grading papers during the game. That took a long time. This is for my online classes and man, if I have to write "Right click on red and green lines for grammatical options" one more time I am gonna scream. I used to copy and paste it but I copied and pasted something else at the end of the paper so I just typed it. I can't believe that in a Master's program, you'd submit papers w/ red and green lines, jeeshhh! OK...I am tired! Missed my show, L Word too. I'll watch it tomorrow.

Have a great night! I got most of my work done tonight so I hope I can go workout tomorrow. I have so much to do to get ready to leave Tuesday @ 7am!

OK...gonna go play some scrabble. I haven't played all weekend :eek:

TracyK - I'm glad that your dh is feeling better. Kat is correct, keep him hydrated, and when he's lying around, have him take deep breaths and cough (5-6 times each half hour). Not only will that keep his lungs in good order, that will help keep his temp down. Keeping well hydrated will keep the temp down as well. It's amazing how our bodies react when they don't have enough water!

well ladies, it is 4:40am and I am just getting in, no sleep yesterday then worked holy crap we sold out of pizza dough 3 times, which she makes from scratch, sold out of wings by 5:50 along with a list of other things, came home and my aunt was home with the kids, so I got mom some popcorn and milk and went over. Gram opened her eyes right before I got there, Wide open, they have not been opened at all in over 3 days and then her breathing changes and she had this look of peace, her hands got purple, he legs were rock hard and ice cold all the way up. She was getting dark spots from where her blood was pooling from lack of circulation and mom and I both just started laughing and telling her to go and getting visuals of wonderful memories, just like our wonderful experience on Saturday... and her breathing changed and her hands turned normal color and when I just left her leg was hot, all the way down to her toes! WTF???? LOL I don't know if my family will every know or appreciate what mom and I have been through. I was talking to the nurse on my way out and she said she wouldn't have believed it if she didn't see it herself. She did spike a fever of 102 earlier last night and is gurgling again so maybe the meds she has been getting to make her comfortable are beginning not to work anymore, which we knew was a possibility. She sure is doing it her way. I told her when I was leaving that it was time for her to let go (Again) and that mom really needed to get some rest - she is just so tired, at least i'll get a an hour a night in bed.

Maybe that will be what she needs, maybe she is so happy with the 2 of us together she won't let go? I don't know but she's something. I'm going to get an hour nap before I have to get up with the kids.

I'll check in when I can

thanks all

Pam - It really is a very special thing and mom and I will have such memories of my gram, but this will just complete them.

Tracyk - hope frank is ok... congrats on the wl! you go girl

Terri & Jenn-my prayers are with you! My heart goes out to both of you for what you are going through!

DH is better this morning. I hate having to leave him to go to work but you can guarantee I will call every 5 minutes to check on him. If it weren't for month end closing I would stay here with him. Yesterday was the most frightening experience I ever went through. I am still shaken up honestly.

Laura-how are you feeling?

Judy-good job staying away from the sweets! That is awesome.

Kat-glad you made it to & from the party OK. Sounds like the kind of weather I would never drive in!

Have a great day violets! ((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

Good Mon Morn, Vi's~~

Phew! What a busy but fun weekend! & lots happened on here, too, I read!

((Jenn))... & Tracyk! Great news on the wt & omg on the hubby! Glad all is better now!

Ok... we're into the home stretch... just got to make it thru this week, which shouldn't be hard as it's so chock full of stuff to do! I'm glad I'm busy to keep me occupied!!

Make it a great day, Vi's!

Jenn -- The capris arrived on Sat but I didn't get home 'til late yesterday afternoon & then had company coming for the game, so I haven't tried them on yet... am planning to this a.m. & hope they fit --

THANK YOU! :eek:

Jennifer, You might be right about your Grandma hanging on becuase of you and your Mom. How touching is that. She doesn't want to leave either one of you. Bless her heart. When I listen to stories that you and Terri are telling us , I can't help but get a little jealous. I know that sounds weird but when you don't have your Mom you tend to miss all of the things that you shared with them. Enjoy what time you have with them now. The pain of lossing them is almost unbearable but missing them afterwards is almost as unbearable. Take the time you have now to say and do the things you need too. Remind them every ten minutes how much you love them. I'm keeping all of you in my prayers.

Ok, to everyone else. GET ON THE BALL. We all have STUFF going on in our lives that interfere with our weight loss but we need to quit making excuses. The band was our best gift to ourselves and we need to start using it. Start today. It's that easy. You can do it. I can do it. We are in this together and we are so worth it.

"WATER PATROL ON DUTY" This also includes Frank.

Have a great day.

Thanks Suzie -- so glad to have you here keeping us in line. You're so right about all of that.

(((JENN))) Thinking of you today and hoping you get some rest. Also sending major PURPLE POWER that you get your job offer today!!! Oh, man are we gonna Celebrate or WHAT?!?!

Good Morning, Violets..

This is day 3 of being the perfect bandster. Everytime I was tempted by the chocolate cake and other yummy stuff, I thought of you ladies and the purple power pulled me through.

Today we're under another winter advisory. We're supposed to get 2-4 inches this evening with freezing rain. Typical day in Northern Michigan!!

Jenn..hugs and prayer to you and your mom and gram. And also Purple power sent your way for that new job!

Terry...hang tough today and keep your chin up! (remember when it was two??:eek:) I still remember the pic you posted of you in that snazzy jacket and slacks. You look awesome so don't be so discouraged about the plateau. I'm there too. Hopefully this no snacking phase will help me to get the scales to move. So far I haven't reached my mini-goal for February, but I still have 25 days. Only problem is, three weeks from today I'll be onboard ship and I know what that means!! And we're not getting a fill til we get back from the cruise so we'll have to be really good. We'll have to hit the fitness room every day and stay away from the chocolate buffet!

Gotta go and get ready to head to church for our staff meeting.

Everyone have a good morning. I'll check back in after my nail appointment.