Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Jenn... hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Terry..hugs and prayers also to you and your mom.

Pam..I'll definitely be at Ash Wednesday services, but this year I will NOT participate in Fat Tuesday!! They are having a pancake Breakfast in church tomorrow. I'll be skipping that too.

Right now I'm trying to get 1/2 an english muffin with Peanut Butter to go down. It's a slow process, but at least it's Protein.

Will check back later. Everyone have a great day!!

Jenn-prayers to your grandma and your family!

Terri-chin up sweetie! It is so hard when we get this close to goal! Depression about this or that does not help at all. I agree with everyone else...look how far you have come! Patience & trust, remember? WWJD?

Pam-sounds like yummy food....do you deliver?

Laura-are you any better today? It sure takes a long time to kick that crap!

Everyone have a good one, or at least try to!

Not doing any better today but about mid-day yesterday when I realized I can't taste anything, I've stopped eating. Funny how that works, I'm not hungry either. I've been drinking a lot of Water & gatorade.

My taste buds aren't coming back today, so I have another day (at least) to decide how important that ice cream is.

I'm finally coughing stuff up. No more horrible painful coughs that are unproductive. So now I'm choking as I cough. YUM! I tried the kids musinex crystal things this morning. I swear, nothing I am taking is doing ANYTHING!!

Well I should have logged on sooner----now I have already blown the CTC!!

I fought a headache all night, and woke to it pounding, sinus pressure, so bad, it made my stomach upset. So I come in, took a chance, and took an Advil Cold & Sinus---the only thing that ALWAYS helps. Then I went and took a hot steamy shower....which sometimes helps. And put on some loungie type clothes, and slipped on my crocs to walk out and get the paper------and it freakin' snowed again! I am SO sick of snow! I ended up eating a handful of bagel chips (thus screwing up the no junk day!) so I would have something on my stomach with the Advil. Which has btw worked---my head is not throbbing anymore.

I have to go to Walmart-----waaaaahhh!!! Rick told Manda we would be over tonight to play poker. Her BF, and I have a grudge match to settle!! He freaks out that I can kick his butt playing poker---it is because he is gullible, and afraid of me! LOL

Then tomorrow, we have the superbowl party----so I have to get supplies, and we put it off last night, so I get to do it today. Think I will wait and let Rick go and help me! He is off helping a friend this morning--they had a tree blow over on their shed, so Rick is helping cut it up and get it moved.

Jenn-Hon I am so sorry about your Grandma. I know how hard it is to sincerely pray that God's will be done. It is a giving up, and that is hard to do. I will pray for peace and comfort for your family.

Terry---sorry to hear Mom is in the hospital again. You are right we do all want a Denise when we need a nurse!! Maybe they can find why she is suddenly so severely anemic. Your poor Mom has had a tough go of it the last several months, so in turn have you. Big hugs to all of you!

As for the stuck weight---girl I feel the pain! I am a year further into this than you are, and stuck just the same! I have had some serious depression when I look in the mirror. I know you will all find this hard to believe, but there are times, I wish I was still as fat as I was! When I was, my belly fit the rest of the picture--now I simply and truly look deformed. I have so much skin and loose flab in front, it hangs---and when I try to stuff it in to Spanx, or anything, it just folds it over---looks like I have a pillow stuffed in my clothes. If I wear a pair of snug jeans, the seam, makes me look like I have an ass in the front too....how is THAT for a visual. It turns my stomach! I am embarassed by it, I hate it more than I can say. The harder I dieted, the more weight I lost---------I have no butt left! But the belly remains! The Dr. does not want to refer me until we balance my thyroid--but that could take months. I am so tall, that to find shirts long enough to cover it up--is a major challenge.

Anyway--Terry I feel the pain of being stuck--seemingly no matter what. But I saw your picture---and Terry you look wonderful! Hang in there--I need your positive!!!

Have not thought about what I want to do about Lent this year....

Judy, I have a couple of questions for you!

My inlaws are lifelong members of the Church of Christ. They do not believe in any accompaniment (word?) with their singing in the church they go to! No flutes, no organ, no piano------everything is accapella (sp?). She actually told me that our having it all ---organ , piano, (worship band in the early service has everything from bass guitars, to drums to keyboards!) is against the bible--but would not explain how. I ask her about "making a joyful noise unto the Lord"....and she ignored me! The last preacher at her church, who is now in like Sidney, TX---told Rick and I we were condemned to hell because we have been divorced, and that we visited sin upon his Dad.

The last time we went to the church with them, they refused me communion because I am a baptised Methodist, not baptised in their church....and we have never been back, choosing to go elsewhere.

My question to you is-------------is any of this actual Church of Christ doctrine? Or is a crazy old lady, and a psycho preacher???

I value your friendship, and honesty, and these things have truly weighed on my mind. I would love your take.

Off to find something I can eat that does not qualify as junk----could be difficult!

Kat

thank you gals for your prayers. Please pray she goes "home" soon. My aunt who never does anything for anyone even came today and my aunt from LA is on her way and I have to pick her up at midnight.

My gram is squirming and moaning, is is just so horrible to watch her like this but I'm so glad I can be there this afternoon with her and for my mom. My mom... well she is a stress eater so I'm getting her wings, sweet potatoe fries and kettle chips.

just wanted to check in and thank you all.

i'll catch up later

I can't believe it!! I wrote a long reply to you Kat and hit send. Left and now I'm back to see if you replied and the post isn't even there!! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Anyway I'll try to reconstruct.

Church of Christ is a world of difference from my United Church of Christ. There are certain Church of Christ churches that are non-instrumental. When one person from that church told Bob that organs are never mentioned in the Bible, he responded with..... neither is indoor plumbing!;)

In our church you and Rick would be welcomed with open arms and you would be more than welcome to take communion. We do not deny communion to anyone, and certainly don't condemn anyone who is divorced. That kind of mentality just makes me fume!

Our church is very similar to the Methodist and Presbyterian churches. The only real difference is in our church government.

Sooooooooo yes, she's a crazy lady and he's a psycho preacher, but as my MIL always said... God love 'em!

Tomorrow at our church I'm the lay reader and will be directing the choir, helping to serve communion AND playing some celtic flute music for the offertory. I'm gonna be busy!

It's 3 p.m. and I haven't had a snack or bad food choice today yet. We got my new printer,scanner, copier, fax machine installed. Now I just have to figure out how to use it!!

Everyone have a good afternoon. Will check back later. Hope THIS post shows up!!

Good afternoon violets-

OMG all the kids at Chuck-E-Cheese!!!!!!!! YIKES!

We had fun though. We are going outside now to blow bubbles....

I'll check in later.

Jenn, Prayers to you and your family. I'm so sorry for what you are going thru. Hang in there.

Stopping in to check on everybody's Water. How are you all doing. I'm kinda slow on mine but working it in.

Haven't decided what I'm giving up for lent. I'll be going for my ashes before I go into work, so I'm sure I'll have a few questions to answer. I've never done fat tuesday but so far I'm real tired of all the phone calls before the Super Tuesday vote. Phone rang non-stop yesterday. Everyone wanting our vote.

Everyone have a nice day. I'm off to Church and will check back in to see what your water numbers are after I get home. Good Luck.

Jenn, I hope things transition for your Grandmother smoothly. It is sooo hard to watch someone you love go through this. Prayers and hugs.

Drinking my Water now! Usually I drink a lot at work, but today it was just cofffee and more coffee!!! But I take it black does that count??

My weight has been around 239 for about 2 or 3 months now. I am really fed up but it is all me. Where was my motivation last year when I was losing. I am thrilled with all that I have lost so far, but I feel like I am stuck right now. I don't want to be the statistic the Dr. talked about when she she was referencing the band vs. bypass. She said the people with the bands usually didn't lose all their weight, I believe the % she gave was 50% of your weight, but they did a better job at keeping it off than the bypass patients. At the time I thought that was great, it didn't matter, but here I am with about half my weight gone and as my neice would say "I stuck". I am probably just feeling sorry for myself this week and maybe pms~ing.

I have never given anything up for lent. I am Presbyterian and we just gave money during lent. Maybe I should give up something. Sugar is too encompasing, so if anyone has any ideas I am a good follower!! As long as it is something I believe I can do!!!

Okay enough of my pathetic poor meees.

Have a good one!!

Jane

I am Baptist so I don't have to worry about giving anything up for lent...heck I have given up enough already!!!

It's not that I HAVE to give something up for Lent or that my denomination/church requires it. It's just a good reminder for me of the liturgical season. You typically give up something you crave and replace it with something better for you so that's why I picked unhealthy Snacks. I'll replace them with more exercise. At least that's my personal Lenten goal.

Ok, I'm here for my Water count. Give it up Girls.

I've gotten about 60 ounces so far and that's a far cry from my usual 120 ounces. I need to hurry up and start drinking.

I'll check back soon for your amounts.

Judy, In my Scripture Study at Church, we are doing a series by Beth Moore. It's called "Stepping UP', a journey through the Psalms of Ascent. It's Psalms 120 to 134. This will be the third study I have done under her. The first was "Patriarchs of the Bible". This followed Abraham thru his sons. Last year we did "Daniel". I'm still trying to figure that one out. Anyway, if you ever get a chance to do her studies, do so. She teachs the womens perspective. She is wonderful. I think you would enjoy them.

It was through the beginning of the first study that I was introduced to a wonderful lady in a video that changed my life. Her name is Jennifer Rothschild. I hope I got that right. She is blind and teaches Bible study. She was telling a story and I had to get up in the class and leave. I was crying so hard because she was saying things that just brought it home to me. That was the very beginning of my weight loss journey. I knew that things had to change in my life and she brought it to light. One of her stories was that she had met a young man that had lost the use of his legs and he was telling her that people would always say to him that they bet he couldn't wait to get to heaven so he could walk again. He said that was not true. He couldn't wait to get to heaven so that he could "kneel' before God. That still haunts me. There were a few other things that she said that also. Made me do some serious thinking.

Have a great evening.

Hey Everyone~

A few years ago, I decided to add something to my life to enrich it during lent. One year, I started morning prayers. One year was exercise (didn't last long though). This year, I think I am gonna add and take. Not really clear yet, and may be late cause I will be out of town...eating out...drinking a few...so this remains to be seen. I am Catholic, and extremely spiritual so it will be something to bring or take me closer to Jesus.

Kat~ Your post this morning was so reflective and thoughtful! Thank you for sharing yourself with us all. I do know this to be true...you are a beautiful person and offer so much more than just a "acceptable" image in the mirror! We love you and I am so greatful you are my friend!

Water is comin along...not too bad, but better than yesterday. It is 4:30 and I have 40oz in...getting there!

Jenn~ Honey sending you and your mom so much love and support. Your grandma is starting to walk with God and while I know it is hard to watch, it will be ok. Your mom must be broken now! Stay with her...this is VERY hard for you both...but your mom is struggling! Sending her some PURPLE POWER.

OK...off to misbehave in the kitchen w/ MIL!

xoxoxoxoox