Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good morning, Violets!

We got a few inches of snow last night, but it's all the way up to 27 degrees.. woooo hooooo!! Ethan has arrived for the day so I'm gonna be busy. Will check in when I can. Hope Laura is feeling better today!

Good Morning, Went to bed at 10 o'clock last night and woke up at 7:30 this morning. Guess I was tired. We got a slight dusting of snow and right now it's 23 degrees, suppose to get up to 37 today.

Gonna work really hard on my Water today. I kind of slacked yesterday. So far I've had 20 ounces. I have to work today and I always seem to do really good on the days I have to work.

Everyone have a great day and get your fluids in.

Good Fri Morn, Vi's~~

I got to sleep in an extra hour this a.m. as we had an ice storm last night & school's were delayed 2 hours... but then they changed to "cancelled" and the phone started to ring w/folks calling to see if we'd heard the "good" news! (Note: It's only "good" news if you're a kid who GOES to school... for us moms... not so good! :party: So of course I've picked up an extra kid to watch for the day already... trust me, it won't be long 'til I've got 5 or 6 kids here... that's the way it goes! It's cuz' I'm so FUN! Altho, it's already warming up & turning to rain... oh well.............

This weekend is my mom's 70th b'day weekend. My aunt, 2 sisters, her bff (literally!), and I are going to make it a girl's weekend & pj party @ her house. I leave early tomorrow morning & will come back on Sun in time to do a quick housecleaning & cooking for Superbowl! It should be fun... all of us together gabbing & drinking & knitting (how lame are we??) & eating... the big excitement will be GOING to a movie (v. renting a dvd) AND ordering in "fancy" pizza! My mom is too, too funny... it's her b'day & this is what she wants to do... so we're doing it!

Other than that... everything is same old, same old... same old weight (241-ish... up 1 down 1 up 1 down the same 1)... same other stuff going on...

Oh -- today I have to bake my mom's all-time fav cookies... they're so good but so messy/time-consuming to make... even my sis couldn't believe I was going to do it... but hey -- the lady is 70!... & we all love them... it'll take me all day & they'll be gone in an hour! Ha! They're these sourcream based Cookies w/grape jelly on them, w/a circle of cookie on top of that... oh yum...

Make it a great day, Vi's!

Michelle~

You should make us a batch of those Cookies for our trip! Just 1 each...that is the bandster way, right? Enjoy your mom's day. I am jealous...miss my mom sooooo much!

Terry~ Prayers for your mom. Get that woman a steak! Honestly, I hope everything is ok, internal bleeding is bad!

Jenn~ That fairy you sent, worked! :biggrin2::party:

TGIF! Have a great day! Didn't get enough sleep, but since it is Friday...all is good!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Pammy - I just remembered something FUNNY. Wayyyy back when we were just a few days post op you came on the board and asked about pain you were having during the big "O"....that you'd just had about 7 in a row and your port was hurting! LOL I thought to myself....Man, this chick is some kind of FREAK! In reality, of course, I was just incredibly jealous!!

Pammy - I just remembered something FUNNY. Wayyyy back when we were just a few days post op you came on the board and asked about pain you were having during the big "O"....that you'd just had about 7 in a row and your port was hurting! LOL I thought to myself....Man, this chick is some kind of FREAK! In reality, of course, I was just incredibly jealous!!

Holy cow... I remember that too. But I'm not jealous. nuff said. la la la la la

Holy cow... I remember that too. But I'm not jealous. nuff said. la la la la la
LOL....Judy, you're a tigress!!

OMG you guys are so funny this morning!

Can you stand it, where we were last year at this time? and now share tmi with each other all the time, which is just friends talking and not really TMI anymore... LOL

Well, just got a call from my guy at the agency - they are finishing up paperwork and wanted to make sure I was interested... I told him how excited I am so I should know today or Monday when my start date is!

what a great week, this is my year... oh and the Y is right around the corner so I can workout on my way in or lunch or way home !

GREAT NEWS, JENN!! I'm so happy for you.. and see... if it's meant to be, it will be! woooo hooooo!! (course prayers don't hurt either!)

Good Morning Girls~~

Happy Friday! Happy February! Getting closer to our trip---yea!!!!

Not sure what today holds for us....thinking of a movie, yep Michelle, a go out movie!

DD wanted chinese last night---Rick and I always order an appetizer of crab rangoon, then share the entree--last night we had a Mongolian Triple, with beef, chicken & shrimp. It was really good, but just didn't settle well on my stomach---not a stuck issue, just stomach was a bit nauseated after. Worried me, because my FIL, was down with a virus, and they sent Lindzie home from school sick at her stomach....but mine is all better now!

Speaking of ill, sure hope Laura is feeling better.

Your time with your Mom and "the girls" sounds fun Michelle, enjoy it! My Mom just went to the Dr. yesterday, and it seems she has a mild case of shingles on her hip. I guess if you have to have them, it is an inoncuous a spot as any to have them! She said the Dr. told her they are very mild, and that they don't itch or hurt too badly, so they gave the meds to her, hope it passes quickly.

No new snow for us yet----supposed to hit today. We still have tons on the ground! Hoping to finally get to go see the motorcycle trailer today. The boy we are going to go look at it with has stayed so busy with all this snow, pulling cars back onto the roads---it is hard to connect with him.

Well, I need to go get my fluids started and find something to call Breakfast for us. Rick offered to cook---but the kitchen is clean---he is not a neat cook!!! Plus he wanted to make pancakes---not what I need to eat!!! Better find another plan!!

Maybe (close your eyes Michelle) I could convince him to go try to break Pamela's record----good fun, good exercise, no syrup....well....ok, ok, ok, no syrup.....did I say good fun??? LOL Talk to y'all in awhile!

Kat

Mornin V's!

I hope you get it Jenn! Sending you as much good vibe as I can muster right now!!

I have barely gotten out of bed in the past 2-3 days.. I forget how long it's been now. My head is so congested, I can't breathe.. nose is completed clogged, I wheeze with every breath and I have had sneezing fits so long and so hard that I feel like I dislocated my shoulders on several occasions. I can't taste food, so that's a big bummer to me. I feel so crappy, I want my happy tastes :smile: I've been trying to sleep, but I wake up coughing and running nose.. every inch of my body aches. DH got me musenex, someone at work told him to get it for me. Well, it was the ultimate horsepill. I took it.. I mean literally bigger than any huge Vitamin I've ever had. I didn't feel it get stuck, but it's a 12-hour time release, and it did not go through my hole. So every few hours I felt it bouncing around, and when I tried to drink or eat, I got the stuffed/stuck feeling. Nothing is helping!! I've been hopped up on all different meds, and not a thing is helping. And I'm too sick to sit for hours in the clinic, I don't think I could handle it. I am greatful for my big tub in the bathroom, I've taken many hot baths to try to clear me up.. never helped, but made my body stop aching for a minute.

Luckily I did most of my homework on Monday & Tuesday, but I still have 1 class left.. trying to muster the will to get it done so I can go back to bed.

I'll find a tip of the day for my V's too. Hope everyone does excitin stuff this weekend, I'll pop back on if I'm feeling better.

Laura - so sorry you're feeling cruddy. But on the bright side, how many pounds will you have lost!! LOL, stay positive!! Oh one tip, when you're taking horse pills and you feel like the pill is just sitting there no matter how much Water you take, have a cookie. It works for me. One cookie chewed up really well takes that pill right on through. It works!

Gorgeous day today! Supposed to get up in the sixties. And on Sunday it's supposed to get up to 76! Yay! We'll grill outside for the first time in a few months!

Jane - did you ever hear back from your doctor about your reflux? Maybe a little bit of an unfill is what you need...

I've been trying to get organized for a garage sale next weekend. I have so much stuff! A garage full! I'm gonna start listing some stuff on craigslist.org this weekend.

So glad it's Friday!!!

Laura~I got a call this am from one of my online students who sounded like how you described you felt. I gave her an extension and I am sure your professor will as well. I was sooo sick Sun and Mon and I got so behind on grading papers...shit happens honey. Feel better soon. Like I told her, ice cream makes everything better :smile:.

Terry~ I also remember that. Thing is, I was telling the truth! I still feel that pain when I do too many abs during the workout. The doctor said it is kinda hard to fill me cause I have soo much muscle in my tummy. Which is sooo freakin funny cause I have all my weight in my tummy. But yes, I do work on having a strong core. That way I don't have back aches, etc. BTW...I've learned to live w/ the pain these days:biggrin::eek:.

OOO Lawd, I can't seem to make myself work today! I have a feeling I'll be posting pix of myself as I count down the day today! HAHA..what is it about Fridays?

Ya'll make me laugh!