Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

That is why it is so quiet!!! LOL

Kat... where are you??????????/

And I meant to say WOOWOO TracyK. 14lbs to goal, fantastic! You'll hit it before your bandiversary!

I think I'm starting to get sick too. Itchy throat, headache last night. I didn't even make dinner. We had chili from Wendy's. I'm gonna do liquids for three days starting today. Let's see how that goes...

Kat is here---just slow! Had a busy evening, and now Rick is off until Monday, so who knows what we will be doing. We were going to take the granddaughter swimming today in Durango---but they have got 29 inches of snow in the last 24-36 hours! Doubt we will do that! So likely some shopping, and then Rick's brother is stopping through on his way back home from a business trip.

My next door neighbor I was telling you was in isolation with the MRSA infection---insurance said enough was enough, and sent her home yesterday! She has a shunt in her arm, a port type thing, where they hook her up to IV antibiotics twice a day. Over $500.00 a week for the drugs and medicare nor their supplement will cover them, because they are experimental! These people cannot afford that! He told me he figured they could buy them for 2 weeks, and hope she is better. But then the drugs had to be drove up from Abq. so they were an extra hundred bucks. I mentioned it to a mutual friend, he goes to VFW with, and he is going to bring it up, and try to get them to help. We can help some, but it is so ridiculous! They worked for years, and have medicare, as well as a supplement, and have no help. Home health is coming in once a day to check on her for 2 weeks---which will be good. Scares me!

TracyK you are doing sooooo well, you will be at goal, and a skinny mini when we all meet! I am beginning to wonder if I am ever going to move from here!!!

I have not begun drinking yet, have no desire to eat yet! I slept in bursts last night, a few minutes here and there, but awake everytime I rolled over....has me wanting to be really grouchy---making an effort not to be! Rick and Kinsey are happy and playing---and I wanna grump!! LOL

Hope all of you begin to feel better soon!

Pamela---loved the Dr. story! Especially that you needed a shower but were gonna smile through it!! LOL I got hit on at the restaurant the other night, but I think the guy had had too much to drink!!! Wouldn't ya know!!??

Ok, well, I need to get some things done....bbl~~

Kat

We had interesting weather yesterday, when I went to work it was 73 but as the day went on it ended up being 13. We had tornado warnings, hail, sleet, rain, snow and lots of wind. Nothing terrible just an very odd drop quick drop in temps with stange things along the way.

I haven't lost any weight in about 3 weeks, it is kind of frustrating especially since I have been having some issues with my tummy. The Dr.s office still hasn't called me back. I called and left another message... I do think it is better though. My sister who is a nurse told me to take 4 Zantac morning and night and that is helping. I am sleeping better, and that was my main complaint. I probably have the most to loose, but I have not lost the most weight. I am not complaining about the weight I have lost, I am very very happy, just wish I could kick start something in my brain or somewhere that would help right now!!!

Here is the tip of the day, although I liked Terrys so much I printed it out and think I will post it where I see it every day!! Thanks Terry!!!

Tips to Feel Satisfied With Less food

Did you know that simply changing the way you eat could help you to feel more satisfied after eating?

Notice I used the word satisfied, not full. There's a big difference. Full means, "I'm really stuffed." Satisfied is simply, "I'm no longer hungry."

Satisfaction is actually a learned feeling. Many of us in fact feel satisfied after eating only half of a meal, but we don't recognize that feeling because, instead of pausing, we go on and eat to fullness. I am still part of the clean-plate generation — that's just how we were brought up.

But now we need to change our thinking and learn to recognize what it feels like to be satisfied during a meal. If you stop when you are satisfied, you will eat less food.

Try some of these tips to help you feel more satisfied at meals:

• Use smaller plates and bowls. This trick actually fools your mind into thinking that you're getting more food. When you see a plate (no matter what size) brimming with food, you're already thinking, I am going to be satisfied after this meal! Smaller plates mean that your portion sizes will be smaller and you'll eat less food.
  • Eat your meal slowly. It takes about 20 minutes for your brain to get the message that you have eaten enough and to then communicate that feeling of satisfaction (or fullness!) to your stomach. Put your fork or spoon down between bites of food, talk with others at the table, chew your food thoroughly, and drink liquids during meals to slow your rate of eating.
  • Drink plenty of non-calorie beverages each day. Interestingly, the feeling of thirst can sometimes impersonate that of hunger, so make sure you are drinking enough fluids every day.
  • Change your eating schedule, or create one that works. Skipping or delaying meals can result in overeating. If you skip meals often, try to eat on more of a schedule. You will then feel more satisfied with what you do eat.

Enjoy your food. Take the time at meals to simply enjoy what you are eating. Taking pleasure in what you eat will help you feel more satisfied.

I think I'm going to buy some nice "luncheon plates"....y'know...a little bigger than a saucer, not as big as a dinner plate? A saucer just looks stupid at the table...like i'm a baby or something. Buying a nice set of luncheon plates...just for me...is a good idea for me. it's just like with the 100 calorie bags. Limiting your portions from the start at least gives you a place to pause and decide if you really, really want to get more. 90% of the time I'll decide against it.

yeah, I like the idea of new plates. Know just where to go, too....

Haydee & Laura - So sorry you guys are sick!! Man, that flu bug is sure getting around! I haven't had the flu since I was a teenager! I get a shot every year...guess that helps.

jane - What about Prilosec? my mom takes that and it's just one pill every morning. Seems better than taking 8!!

Terri- My granny got me some nice plates from (I think) Hallmark store. They're salad plates? They're a perfect size for meals for me. I also bought at Kroger, these 1 cup bowls. Pack of 4, they look like what cooks on TV use to hold ingredients. Whenever I want something that would go in a bowl I use those. I notice a huge difference when I remember to use these things. I have (especially lately- I don't know why) gotten too much food on a normal size plate, and I am at a point where I am STUFFED, but my brain goes 'There's only a couple bites left', and I pick and pick, and I feel sick from it, but some reason I don't stop. Then I eventually give up with some still left over. If I hadn't had that to begin with, I'd be alright!!

Exactly what i mean, Laura

The bobster and I haven't used a dinner plate at home since April. We use salad plates all the time. When we get meals out, the plates look so huge! Splitting a meal makes so much sense when you see the amount on that huge plate!!

I have to admit most times I use what the tv dinner comes in. If I cook which happens on occasion I don't like my food to touch, so I use a sep. plate for everything!! I am soo neurotic!!

Hope you feel better Haydee and laura!

Jane

I use the salad plates, as well... + the 1-cup little glass bowls... they're great!

Ugh... just made a can of tuna w/light mayo & a sprinkle of sunflower seeds and I've only eaten 1/2 and I feel on the edge of a "stick"... not a "pb" quite... but uncomfortable... I've got the loud esophagus gurggling going on... yet my stomach is still growling!... how stupid is that? Sometimes this thing is so wacky!

Funny, now that you all mention it, My dishwasher use to be full of dinner plates, now we only use them when we are out of smaller ones. I have a salad bowl, but is not deep that we use for everything, or the salad plates that go under them, i used to use them for ds becaue it was enough to keep him from making a huge mess when eating but perfect size. That is what I use. LOL

Kat, My cousin who was banded, I just heard from her the other day. Remember she had her port moved, well after that I guess it didn't work and she had to have it removed, I don't have exact details, but then she ended up with MRSA and has been very sick. She was just banded in October and has had nothing but problems. I feel so horrible for her. I know some dr's are good, but she was approved and done in a month. No major prep work, nothing, standard pre op testing and done.

I did so much research with my Dr and was annoyed at times at what I had to do but think it helped me loose the weight and prepared to change my life.

She is just so very sick with MRSA, she now has a cath for her meds and her band, no port nothing. I am so sad for her and that it has been so bad.

So ladies, I guess when we get hard on ourselves, shoot, I started loosing pre surgery in Mid Jan, I have lost almost 80lbs in a year. I could not have done that without my band and I am thankful that my dr. is a hard ass but is concerned about safety and me. I'm not just a number (which is why i was so upset at my PA visit last month, i felt like a number for the first time).

I guess that goes along with the tip of the day!

plus, I would not have met all you without my band

Can someone please tell me why MEN are so immature and all a bunch of Ass holes (sorry)???? Can you stand it i"m not talking about dbf... I have stalkers... 1 is married and the other is the other guy I've mentioned here and there... WTF... Leave me alone. I have my ringer on my phone turned off and I swear he was just outside my house calling me! (the married one) I don't want drama and bs in my life... I just got an alert that I have a vm but I'm ignoring it. I don't need this shit, he called and put me on the spot this am when I was just walking downstairs.

I'm going to go up and clean out my closet.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

and people wonder why i'm mental? LOL

How bizarre, how did you get a married man as a stalker?! Kick em out of your happy bubble, as my mom likes to say :tongue:

I was askin DH about lunch, forgot he's going to get Chantix today instead of us goin to lunch. I just ordered a ham chef salad from steak out. I haven't had one of those in a while, they're sooo good. I hope it goes down alright. Can't find nutrition info on it, their sirloin chef salad is about 500 calories. I'm gonna go with that, and if it goes down alright, I'll only eat about 1/2. Pre-band I couldn't ever finish it.