Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Well, my life has been so stressed out lately, however, I HAVE NOT TURNED TO food. I'm done good with my eating and trying to make sure I make good choices. I'm focussing right now on Low carb, low calorie and measuring my food.

My dad had been sick for awhile, turns out he had 99% blockage in his main artery, (the one they call the widow maker) and an aneursym. The aneursym was about to burst, and if it did, you have a 3% chance of survival. Well they couldn't fix the anerusym because his he would die of a heart attack on the operating table the doc said. They couldn't do a bypass because he would need blood thinners and the blood thinners would make the aneurysm bleed out (it was already leaking at this point). We were racing against time on Tuesday. So what they did was do a balloon to clear out as much of his blockage as possible, and the surgery was successful, they needed to do bypass or at least a stint, but can't do it until the aneurysm is fixed, but they said they would temp fix his heart.

Well, then come Wednesday (yesterday) they did his aneurysm surgery. They said he only had 30% chance of survival, and when they got in there to fix it, they realized he was bleeding in there, as well as it was about to burst. They did the surgery not a second too soon.

The doc said he was so lucky and most people would have been dead. First, with that must blockage (99%), he should have had a massive heart attack and second, with the aneurysm leaking, it should have burst. He said someone was watching over him. Every doc and nurse that has come to see him has told him he is lucky to be alive.

So, as you can see, I've been so worried about my dad, then I go get my yearly exam, and I find out my uterus is basically about to fall out of me. Its pushing on my bladder and it could push it down. I'm having an ultra sound next week (Monday the 24th) and that will determine if I need a full blown hysterectomy (sp).

So, I'm ready for some calmness in my life. I'm ready for Thanksgiving so I can have 4 days off of work and I plan on doing NOTHING!

Edited by Sunshine2

Good Afternoon, vi's~~

oooh la la... I am a bit tipsty right now as I type this, so excuse any typos... tee hee!

My neighbor/friend picked me up & we went & visited our other neighbor in the hospital (that's never pleasant)... it was ok... not great... not horrible... so then she said "let's get lunch" so we went to a little mexican place in town & she oredres us margis & the next thing I know I've had 2 & she's on her thrid and says that she usually has 5!! oh my. So here it is a random Thursday and I'm tipsy & have not done any work and now I think I am going upstairs for a nap... DH is going out downtown after work so I don't need to cook dinner we'll just have leftovers or eggs or someting so I will check back later on...

A person could get used to this. Ha! Drinking in the afternoon during the week. What a concept!!

LOL Michelle~ Enjoy the mid day margie sweetie! Can you say, "nap"? xoxoxo

Sunshine (do we know your real name) hang tough. Sounds like you have a lot going on. Congrats on not turning to food...I suck at that, seems to be the first place I go in stress. Hope you have a restful holiday. Susanne dislodged her bladder and had to put a sling in it. Good luck w/ all that!

ooxoxoxo

I've tried to buy 4 things for my secret santa person...and everything is out of stock:frown:. I must have good taste. That sucks though...still looking!

Tonya: WOW WOMAN!!!! I'm glad your dad pulled through. My moms uterus DID fall out when she was going pee! Luckily THAT didn't happen to you. (she would kill me if she knew I just told the world! LOL

I am so proud of you for NOT turning to food! You are a strong woman.

pm me your address please

Michelle: I can well imagine you sitting there in your denium skirt and bobby socks DRUNK OFF YOUR ASS in the middle of the day! LOL

Thank you to Judy who sent me Haydee's address

Ok... here's the balmy weather we are having lately.. First pic is of the little area with the deer and trees we lit up yesterday. Second is the tree by the hot tub, third is a pic of my two yorkies and last is a pic of Jetta, the garage dog. I took the pics with my phone so they are small. The snow was falling down in big flakes when I was out with the dogs. A winter wonderland, but I would prefer it wait til December!!

post-215048-13813137889894_thumb.jpg

post-215048-13813137890044_thumb.jpg

post-215048-13813137890207_thumb.jpg

post-215048-13813137890337_thumb.jpg

Judy, So pretty. I love the snow.

Tonya, Keeping all of you in my prayers. Poor thing.

Laura, You are making me look bad with the gift already being sent. My person probably won't get theirs till the 24th. LOL.

Off to work. I'm doing most excellent on my eating. You guys would be very proud of me.

Have great rest of the day.

Hey girls,

TracyK, I am so happy for you! I wish we were having as good of luck.

Some of you know....not sure about others, but we pay child support on a child we have proof is not Rick's. But the courts decided since he had paid while waiting for the test results--thinking it was the right thing to do---he set precedent, and has now paid for years for her, without so much as seeing a picture, or hearing a voice. Since we pay, and Mom does not work, we have always claimed her on our taxes. Today we got notice from the IRS on our last years taxes, apparantly she got a job--kid not Mom---and claimed herself! So now we have to repay the child credit, and penalties.....well over 4 thousand bucks. It pisses me off so bad---her claim was filed 4 weeks after ours claiming her. OK I can deal with paying back the child care credit, but they wait til November to notify us and are charging us interest and penalties for 11 months! Rick is off on his bike he is so stressed.......me? Doing everything I can think of not to eat.

Guess I will go and play with Kinsey, she is really quiet, I think the chaos and upset has her upset too....

Will talk to y'all later. I know it is wrong to wish time away, but man I wish the next year and a half would fly on by........get that witch and the child out of our lives forever! Somedays I want to slap Rick for ever in his life having her in it--and she was before my time!!!!

Kat

Wow Kat, I didn't remember knowing that. That's so bizarre, gotta love how the gov't can screw you.. just like credit reports(I know you know!!!), they mess up and it's all about making you fix it without their help.

Tonya, that is a lot going on. Good for you, not turning to food and congrats on your dad making it through like a trooper!! I would have been so distraught.

Snow Judy?! What is that stuff..

So far I had a good food day.. Water, more water, grilled tilapia for lunch, and drinking more water.

NINE WORDS WOMEN USE

(1)Fine:This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

(2)Five Minutes:If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

(3)Nothing:This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

(4)Go Ahead:This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

(5)Loud Sigh:This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)

(6)That's Okay:This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

(7)Thanks:A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say 'you're welcome' . that will bring on a 'whatever').

(8)Whatever:Is a woman's way of sayingF--YOU!

(9)Don't worry about it, I got it:Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response refer to # 3.

LOL Pam.. I sent that to all the girls at work.. and Russell :cursing:

Although if he hasn't learned that by now, well.. there's no hope.

I just got super huge exciting news. With the economy the way it is, the business we're in (not us particularly) is facing a scary amount of merges.. companies buying each other out, blah blah.. We're seeing it on a daily basis now, our bigger accounts buying out our smaller accounts (doesn't affect our business since it all comes to the same place), but it's a weird trend to watch. Well some of our biggest competitors are closing their doors!! I just found out last night about one of the biggies. There's 3 major competitors in the US. Now 2!

We know why they are hurting, our customers are really bad about paying these days, and unless you can get your bank to support you right now, you gotta close up.

ANYWAY, my big news.. one of my smaller accounts merged about a few months ago with a huge account I have been trying to land for 2 years. I can't ever get them to call me back, the guy I have as a contact there. Anyway, I was talking with my guy when they merged and asked him about getting their jobs.. he says they have their own vendors, but he is running some quotes through us for them to see if they want to swap. It's been a few months, and today THE CONTACT I've been trying to call for 2 years calls me to place an order. WOO FRICKIN HOO. This is the first time they're pulling a job from their current vendor to send our way. This is major. Either it's major, or their primary vendor was the one big competitor that just closed down.. either way, this is great news for us.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION

I wanted to give everyone a heads up that if you tend to give gift cards around the holidays, you need to be careful that the cards will not be honored after the holidays.

Stores that are planning to close after Christmas are still selling the cards through the holidays even though the cards will be worthless January 1. There is no law preventing them from doing this. On the contrary, it is referred to as 'Bankruptcy Planning).

Below is a partial list of stores that you need to be cautious about.

Circuit City (filed Chapter 11)

Ann Taylor 117 stores nationwide closing

Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug ,and Catherine's to close 150 stores nationwide

Eddie Bauer to close stores 27 stores and more after January

Cache will close all stores

Talbots closing down specialty stores

J. Jill closing all stores (owned by Talbots) Pacific Sunwear (also owned by Talbots)

GAP closing 85 stores

Footlocker closing 140 stores more to close after January

Wickes Furniture closing down

Levitz closing down remaining stores

Bombay closing remaining stores

Zales closing down 82 stores and 105 after January

Whitehall closing all stores

Piercing Pagoda closing all stores

Disney closing 98 stores and will close more after January.

Home Depot closing 15 stores 1 in NJ ( New Brunswick )

Macys to close 9 stores after January

Linens and Things closing all stores

Movie Galley Closing all stores

Pep Boys Closing 33 stores

Sprint/Nextel closing 133 stores

JC Penney closing a number of stores after January

Ethan Allen closing down 12 stores.

Wilson Leather closing down all stores

Sharper Image closing down all stores

K B Toys closing 356 stores

Loews to close down some stores

Dillard's to close some stores

This Message is being sent for your information.

Michelle~ We are too! We bought our new couch last Dec and it was pretty expensive. We bought the extended warranty because it is leather. Well now, Wickes is out of business. Now what.

If you do "gift cards" this year, besides Walmart, I would stick w/ Visa gift cards!

OK...going to the gym at 5am!!!:unsure::ohmy::eek::w00t::cursing: Should be interesting...I'll let you know how that went.

xooxxo