Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good morning everyone-

I am out of bed but am so woozy and I have a headache and am weak. But at least there is no nausea. It wasn't band related. On Tuesday all day dh had it but his wasn't the vomit kind, his was the other end :thumbup: then Tuesday night at about 9PM I started feeling like I was gonna throw up and BAM..(not pam, lol) it started and I threw up at least once an hour. It was really horrible. Terry, it was suppositories I asked for too because I would not have been able to hold down a pill. I have stayed away from macy and am praying she doesn't get it. I do not know what I would have done without Frank. Talk about a Godsend! Mom said f Frank would have been working she would have come and gotten her.

Thank you all so much for the texts and Jane for the call and the kind words on here.

As far as the lawsuit, we are going to call today and see what we can find out. Hopefully no news is good news.

TracyinKS-I am so happy that things are turning around for you!

Laura-looks like excima (sp) to me too. Macy had it and I used aquaphor cream on it and it healed right up.

Michelle-I am so sorry to hear about your friend. That is so sad :frown: ((hugs))

Judy & Jane-thanks for passing along my messages for me! I really appreciate it!

Kat-it is a money thing about not going to the band dr yet. I really do not think the band is damaged. I will baby it the next couple of days with mushies and then see how solids go. Luckily I only have 1.5 in there. I am going to make an appt as soon as I can just to make really sure it is OK.

Pamela-I am so proud of you for working so hard on your diss. You are goinna have one heck of a party when your done right?!

Haydee-hope you are doing good.

:eek: hiYa suzie, denise and the other violet that I know I forgot and am too weak to get up and look at my picture, please forgive me.

wow...I am so sleepy again. maybe I should sleep little more? I don't know if I should or not. Have a great day today and make healthy choices!

TracyK - try to get some Pedialyte today and sip on it all day 'til you get at least a liter in. 2nd best is Gatorade or something like that. Then GO BACK TO BED!!!!

Morning V's~

I am up and getting ready for work! I feel much better, but am still stuffed up and have a sore throat...but nuttin' I can't work through.

I got sooo much done yesterday, I feel like I've lost 20 pounds (when actually, I munched all day while working...probably put it on). What a weight that stress puts on you.

I HATE STUFFING!!! YUCK YUCK! I hate cranberries too and apple pie! Honestly! I only like white meat, gravy, brown and serve rolls, mashed pots, and pumpkin pie! I don't like ANY pie 'cept pumpkin! I can 'do' a chocolate pudding type of pie, but not the crust! LOL...pretty picky for being a "plump princess".

Susie~Thank you so much for sharing yourself with us! We are the support group...so yes, you've been involved w/ a daily support group! ((hugs)) Keep us posted! I went through it and until you are ready to deal with things (good, bad and ugly) about yourself...don't waste your time. Also, I was told the band only helps w/ 50% weight loss...so you've done great! Be proud and trudge forward!

Well, I don't know if I shared this w/ you all or not. Susanne and I are going to Reno to see Dad. His health has been poor (getting worse). My sis and her bf and Sus and I are going up there (my sis lives in Dana Point, CA). Anyway, I called my step mom yesterday and put it out there that if it is too much to have 4 people in the house (even though we are the "children" at this age, we are still guests), that Sus or Sus and I would not go. She said she and dad wanted us both...so we are going as of now. She will let us know for sure by Monday...in case his health is not ready for company. I feel really bad about it too...but am excited to see dad again! My nephew will not be joining us as we planned. Gotta call Expedia about changing his tix. Anywho...that is my story!

xooxxoxooxxoox

Yesterday I started my day at 3:30am. I opened the north store at 6am and left there at 8am. Stopped by Sonic and got a route 44 iced tea with lemon and went and started work at the south store. 8:30 to noon. Went home and read mail and ate a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and pineapple. Took a shower and got dressed to go to our shift at the hospital. But first I had an appointment with the Kidney Doctor at 2:30. Left there and went and worked at the hospital till 8pm. I was extremely tired last night. Wiped out.

Kat and Denise, Thank you for the touching words of encoragement. It brought a tear to my eyes, knowing that people do care. I need all the help I can get as this is a lot harder than just having surgery. It's that we have had to learn a whole new life style and those days of old are gone. No more eating the bag of doritos. No more big bowls of ice cream. I know I can still have those things, just in moderation. I will never deprive myself but I'm not going to gorge myself again. Although sometimes I feel like I push the limit with my band sometimes.

My younger sis and I are going shopping for most of our Thanksgiving food today. I have a few hours before I have to go into work, so I'm taking this time to get some things ready.

Everyone have a great day and HUGS to all of you.

Good morning!!!!!!!!

Someone PLeASE send me the most recent Violet mailing address List (I am going to attempt to do cards)

Woo hoooo... snow on the ground and Christmas presents at my door!! Thanks Laura! Now I have to contain myself for over a month with those presents sitting under my tree. Oh wait... no tree up yet! Ok.. so they'll sit on my counter til the tree is up. I'm not real good at temptation, ya know!!

Heading out to take my friend to her radiation treatment and then a meeting at the church. Will check back later.

Morning, Vi's~~

Here it is 9:45am & I've already spent $1,300 between the carpets & my car! :eek: Maybe I should go back to bed, too, to avoid any more spending!!

Am trapped @ home today w/out the car... my entire family room is in the kitchen area & all the carpets are wet... so really I'm confined to the office. Oh well, LOTS to do in here. Am trying to finalize TG menu & lists AND Xmas lists & researching prices, etc. Ho ho ho! Oh yeah, and doing a little actual paying work, too! :thumbup:

Judy is the first Vi to be Secret Santa'd... my poor Vi will prolly be the last, poor thing... I'm the worst @ mailing stuff out.

TracyK... take care of yourself... even if the reason that you're vomiting isn't band-related, the physical act of doing it can cause issues. My band doc told me to call his office if/when I ever throw up. They may want to check it out...

Off to research those Keurig individual cup coffee makers... bbl!

Michelle is right TracyK.. I wasn't concerned that the vomiting was band related. I was concerned about what it could do to the band. My doctor said if I ever had to vomit to call them right away. I have my motion sickness pills handy so that if I ever feel like upchucking, I take one right away. With all the vomiting you did, it would be wise to have the band checked out.

Michelle is right.

This is my new mantra / siggy / screen saver / and bumper sticker, I think!! :thumbup::biggrin:

Change in plans! Am going w/a neighbor to visit my friend again @ the hospital. Also, evidently the ES principal sent out an e-mail to all teachers/staff that I'm coordinating meals for the family & I keep getting calls & e-mails about it! News to me! Of course I'll do it (they've met me before & know I'll do anything!!)... but I need to get info from the family first!! Tricky!

Hi again...just woke up. I have had a glass of gatorade next to me since the beginning. My temp never went over 101 thank goodness. When I felt nauseus in the very beiginning I tried Emetrol but nope...so I knew I was in for it! I will go to the band dr sometime within the next month. I would go sooner if I thought they would let me in on my good looks but since they won't, I can't. I had a little oatmeal this morning and it went fine. I will call my dr and tell them what happened.

Good news...no appeals!! Our lawyer said the checks will be mailed now thru the 8th of December which is the deadline. Sooo, we are gonna be some mailbox checkin' fools!

Wow Judy it got there quick!!! No peeky peeky. :thumbup:

Russell caught your sick Tracy!! I am the one who wakes us up in the morning, and at about 6am I heard him getting up, running to the bathroom and then lots of heaving and throw up noises :/

By time he came back to bed I had a towel and t-shirt covering up my mouth/nose. I do NOT want to throw up right now. Sneezing and coughing pulls muscles in my belly, I can't imagine what puking would feel like right now (on top of the already painful band pukes).

I gave him an anti-nausea pill after he got up 2 more times.. that I got from my obgyn. I looked at the bottle, just looks like nausea meds. Then I went to work early to avoid being around him.

Suzanne I sent you an email..

The 30th Birthday party I am putting together for my friend ends up it's all going to work out. Decided it will be BYOB with alcohol (lot of stress off my back), and for venue.. another coworker has a huge house on a golfcourse, he likes throwing parties, he was invited already, and I forgot I could just ask him if we could do it there. He even has 5 guest rooms set up for drunkards heh.

Hello, Michelle, I have a pod coffee maker, it makes one cup at a time. I don't use it that much, but I do use it some. The pods are not very good and pretty expensive. Last year I found a thing that you put coffee in yourself and it is plastic (I am assuming) and is reusable time and time again. I wish I had bought it then, because now I can't find one. But you can just not put a pod in and make hot Water for oatmeal or whatever, pretend a tea bag is a pod and make tea. It is nice to have, but wouldn't spend a lot of money on it. I got mine at Big Lots for $12.99.

Tracyk I am so glad you are feeling better!!!!!!!!!!!

Judy I am impressed that you can wait instead of tearing open the package!!

Oh well off to work I go!!!!