Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Terri~

I love that. It was copied and was passed around here. Times are sooo different!

Hubby and I just got back from taking doggie on a walk. We went 1 1/4 around the neighborhood. It's really bitter with the wind blowing so it kept the sweating down. 34 degrees with a wind chill. Feeling a little bit better today. Had a long talk with Hubby and told him what Doc had said. I'm now just waiting on some phone calls. I'll write it all out and send a message to you all. Give me a few days though. I'm still working some stuff out in my head. By Golly, I'll get those scales to move again.

Jane, If you leave at 9:00, I'll wait till 9:30. I'm sure my foot is a little heavier than yours. I got a coupon in the mail today for Bath & Body Works to get a free gift. It's good for Nov. 24 - Dec 24. Do you think they might let me use it on the 23rd.? I'll bring it, if they don't I'll just let you keep it. I don't really go near there very often. I can't wait to see the cross stitch. I'm looking forward to starting it also. I just thought it was to pretty. Looking forward to seeing you Sunday.

TracyKS, Are you sure you and Robby can't ride with me???

Pam, Hope your feeling better.

Terri, Are you doing any better???

Have a great day everyone.

Both tracy's purple thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!!

I came on here to say something and then forgot. Oh well, off to work, and then to the dermatoligist to have some things cut off my body, then back to work!!

Jane

Good afternoon, Violets..

Have not been able to get on this site since last night. I finally rebooted my computer and wa la.. it worked!

Kat.. have been meaning to tell you that my friend Kathy didn't have to have the cardioversion. They were able to get everything under control with meds. She's doing fine now. Thanks for asking.

I worked my hospital shift this morning and then went out to lunch with the Bobster and our oldest son and his girlfriend. This is the son we adopted when he was 5 and he had been abused. He is learning disabled, bipolar and paranoid schizophrenic. He was a mess today. Just filthy. He's 42 years old now and lives with his girlfriend in town and delivers papers. I give him credit for being able to live on his own, but he is so scary looking, it even makes me afraid and I know he wouldn't hurt anyone. Makes for a sad day.

I have bell choir at 5 and singing rehearsal at 7. Then I need to see who gets booted off of DWTS. Sure was fun to watch them dancing last night.

Everyone have a great day. It's good to be back on here finally!! Thanks Laura for answering my email about the site.!!

Tracy - Any final word on the settlement???? Have you booked our trip to Tahiti yet??

Judy - I don't recall you mentioning a son that was disabled :( I'm so sorry. You must have had some very rough times with him. I worry so often about my son's future with his bipolar disorder....but schizophrenia is a whole other ball o' wax. Does he take medication and see a doctor?

I'm sleepy. S'probably the M&M's I had for 'dessert' awhile ago. <yawn> <zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz>

Yup.. very rough times. The first five years are so critical and we didn't get him until he was 5. We had glorious plans to adopt first and then have our own children. Well, we did that, but it sure didn't turn out how we had imagined. There are times when love just isn't enough. We put him in a group home when he was 18 and he went through several group home situations until he was able to live on his own with the help of the ACT team ( assertive community treatment). Yes, he is on meds and under a doctor's care. As long as he stays on his meds and follows the plan, he is ok.

Long story about him, but we ended up with 3 other biological children who are the joys of my life even with all their faults.. Course their parents are perfect, or so we keep telling them!!

Hugs Judy~ He is very lucky to have had parents like you and Bob. And you are probably the only reason he is doing as well as he is. I can imagine it is tough...but remember all the blessings you both have given him that he would not have had!xoxoxo

UUgg! I have a 2 hour meeting from 2-4...and I feel soo achy. Got my plans done and am ready to sleep in tomorrow!

xoxoxoxo

Tracy - Any final word on the settlement???? Have you booked our trip to Tahiti yet??

lol, I wish. So far we found out that as of 5 PM nobody had filed an appeal but they had until midnight last night. DH said he will call in the morning and find out. I just have a feeling it will be one of those things where I just sit by the mailbox until I am an old lady, ya know?

Teachers...question...

Since macy has lunch at 10:30 in the morning, the class has an afternoon snack. Well, macy misbehaved yesterday and was not given snack as punishment. I asked the teacher if that really happened and she said yes "when they are on pink, they lose a priviledge". Is snack really considered a priviledge? That doesn't seem right to me.

TracyK... Because our kids had lunch at 11:15, we had snack at 2:30 every afternoon. I would never take snack away from a child for misbehaving. Recess minutes, play time minutes, those I could use. But never snack. That's way too long for little ones to go without eating something.

Teachers...question...

Since macy has lunch at 10:30 in the morning, the class has an afternoon snack. Well, macy misbehaved yesterday and was not given snack as punishment. I asked the teacher if that really happened and she said yes "when they are on pink, they lose a priviledge". Is snack really considered a priviledge? That doesn't seem right to me.

You never punish a child with food or sleep. These are human needs and negotiations as in punishment sends a very bad message. I agree w/ Judy, you punish w/ "rewards" not "necessities".

High Five! and xoxooxxo

Home from my evening shift. I'll have a super busy day tomorrow. So I'm going to go to bed right after DWTS.

The girl that works the second shift the rest of the week called this evening. Sunday night as her husband was leaving work, someone beat the crap out of him and he's in bad shape. They didn't rob him because he still had his wallet on him. He had gashes all over his head and both hands were broke. They did surgery and put pins in his hands. She said that it looked like they tied his hands behind his back because he had red marks around his wrist. He's still unconcius (sp?0). I told her I would take her shifts for her and not to worry about work. She's going to have her hands full. Police still don't know anything yet.

Not sure what is going on with the tummy today. I have not eaten very much and really don't feel like having dinner. I had a bowl of oatmeal for Breakfast. A half a grilled cheese and a bowl of Soup. And a handful of peanuts for a snack. Just don't feel like having anything.

Have a great evening. Bye.

Hey Vi's...

What a long, strange, out of kilter day it was today. I can't even go in to it all... just to say that I hope tomorrow is back in whack!

One very sad thing... I got news that a neighbor/acquaintance who was diagnosed w/a very aggressive form of cancer in Feb -- who I just spoke w/on the phone on Sat & she sounded & said she was feeling fine -- was given about 1 week to live! WTF?? The saddest part (as if waiting around to die weren't sad enough) is that she has a 10-y-o son in my dd's class... I can't even imagine.

That on top of ds going on a field trip to the Holocaust Museum in DC today & finding our last name on the wall of family names & calling me crying his little heart out about it... it really caught him unawares (me, too!) and shocked him. He's still unnerved by it.

Those & several other odd, quirky things... threw me off my game today.

I love each of you. That's what I think "it" is all about, it the long run. Love. & the memories you leave behind. The rest is just stuff & fluff.

TracyK, I agree w/J & P (they're very smart gals, y'know!)

((TracyKS))

Janie... got your e-mail.

Terri... thanks again for the links!

Suzie... you go girl!

Laura... Hi Christmas girl!

Hi Kat, Jen, Haydee!

Please let the site be fixed now!!! It sucks so bad when it doesn't let me on!!!

I left this morning, when I posted, and just got home a few minutes ago! I am exhausted!

Tracy----I would talk to the teacher again, and tell her point blank, that while she is the teacher, you are the parent, and that is not a "punishment" you will accept her doling out. Suggest the loss of recess time or whatever....but taking food away from her is setting her up for a lifetime of food issues, we all know that from experience, and reading of others experiences on here!!!

She is a little girl, and she needs the boost for her blood sugar, and her level of alertness in the afternoon--lunch at 10:30 then nothing til she comes home, what 6 hours later???? Not right!!! If she disagrees, take it up a level. I hit the school board twice through the years! Once when Manda was in 2nd grade over a safety issue, then again when she was graduating. That one my issue was with the Dean of Students, so there was no one else to go to, just the board and the superintendent. Worked both times tho!!! Stick to it, she is yours to protect. Sounds like a whiny teacher....not sure why whiny comes to mind, but that is the feeling I have of her!!! LOL

I took my parents out to the shop today to show them the shop stools I got from Mac Tools for Rick, and Kinsey went with us, she walked in and did a quick intake of breath and says "Someone killed Papa's bike!!!" He has a bike tore apart and is making a chopper out of it, so parts are everywhere-was hilarious, my Dad got a big kick out of it!

Michelle I am so sorry about your friend. I cannot imagine. Cancer is so friggin' scary, and even when they are confident that they can treat it, you have the face to face with your own mortality....you imagine at every visit you might hear the words, of there being nothing more they can do.....but for it to be a reality, and to leave that office with that knowledge is something my nightmares were made of....and to have a young child. My heart and prayers go out to them.

Suzanne, that is too wierd for them to beat that guy up and it not be a robbery. Almost like it was a message. Maybe he was messing around with someones wife....or drugs or something???

Tomorrow the shop is having their Thanksgiving dinner at Rick's work. So guess who is doing the cooking to take!!?? They are deep frying turkeys---and he always supervises that, some of those guys are of questionable intelligence!!! LOL

He agreed to bring potatoes and a dessert. When most of them say they will bring a dessert, they stop at Walmart and buy a pie. A pie.....and there are 25-30 people in the shop, and spouses are invited!! So I made a HUGE bowl of banana pudding. It is Rick's favorite, so I figured what the heck, it might not be punkin' pie, but it will work!!!

I am taking Kinsey with me tomorrow. Rick is the shop foreman, and Jason, Kinsey's Dad is the Electronic Technician foreman....and Manda cannot be here to go with him to the dinner, so I am taking his daughter to him to have lunch!!

We were in Applebees for lunch and we were waiting to be seated, and there was a boy about 8-9 playing on the steps next to where we were sitting waiting. He was jumping from the top down the 3 steps to the floor below. Kinsey wanted to go play and we told her no (we being, myself, Rick, DIL, grandson, and a friend of Ricks from work). The kid stopped and said something to Kinsey and she tells him "Please don't talk to me!" she was so rude I questioned her------she said the kid told her she was a sexy girl! She has no idea what sexy even means----but she didn't like that kid, and I thought Rick was going to choke him right there. Danny, his friend from work, tells the kid "Go sit down, now!" and he did! He walked over and sat next to a couple we had shook our heads at. She was sitting on his lap....in the restaurant, and basically just making out. No wonder the kid knew words like that I thought!

Well I am going to go see what come in in my email today----see y'all tomorrow if I have a minute!!! I should, I am making my pudding tonight, will assemble it tomorrow!

Nighty-night!

Kat