Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

I am glad we are not on that number anymore too! Macy just spilled a plate load of spaghetti on the LR floor and dh just reshampoo'd the carpet that I had done over the weekend. He must have seen my face when it happened and he jumped on it. God he is SO good to me! The carpet still has this pretty orange tint to it though. lol kids!!

Have a great evening violets! By the way, we did not hear about any appeals...is no news good news? I just want some news period !

Hi~~

TracyK--our dollar stores and places like Family Dollar sell a cleaner called Awesome, it is yellow and costs a buck---it works better at removing ANY kind of stain in my carpet or on the clothes than anything I have ever found! It does not bleach out color or anything. BUT---it does eat paint.....my BBQ grill now is a guessing game if you are on high or low!!! LOL!! Try that----scrub some into the spot then hit it with your shampooer---it removed my grandsons grape jelly sandwich (another story of it's own!) where he dropped it on our carpet which is a VERY light tan color.

Laura your FIL is likely having stents put in the arteries or maybe the veins in his legs. If you can picture a chinese finger cuff---the way they are like a lattice work that can be made to open or close----they are made of titanium, and hold the artery open---usually being incorporated into the arterial wall within like 24 hours! My Dad has several in his heart arteries, and 2 in the renal arteries.

Dessert.......brownies.....or anything with toffee.....those would be my favorites, with my Moms Christmas fudge topping the list without question----I could eat an entire batch......it is SOOOO yummy!!!

Jane, the person with their head down---likely had a retinal re attachment. My brother has had the surgery done no less than 7 times. He had a piece of plastic from a car battery go through his eye 20+ years ago. The retina has never stayed attached. The retina sits in the back of the eye and the shape of the eye holds it in smooth position. He lost all the Fluid in the eye and tore the retina. Each time they operated on him he was in the hospital for several days on a striker bed, and on his stomach. They actually remove some of the vitrious fluid from the eye and replace it with a gas--so it will form a bubble and press against the retina they have secured.....until hopefully it heals in place. His has never held. Finally he decided he could deal with vision in only one eye better than he could another 2 week time on his belly.

Rick is legally blind in one eye as well from a piece of metal going through his eye---and the retina is scarred so badly it ruined his vision, although it is still attached.

Wow---earlier I ask about Judy's friends A fib---now this....I am feeling like joining Pamela in the Dr. category!!! LOL

Well off to finish up dinner. Was a long day. Called to take DIL and grandson to lunch, she finally made it after 2 PM!

My folks bought a new car....I am gonna go drive it in awhile!!! LOL living vicariously!!!

Kat

Home from a very long day and I'm pooped.

Doc appointment didn't go to well. Ok, good news is that I didn't gain any. Bad news is that I didn't lose any either. We had a good long talk about what is going on. He has so much faith in me. I'll PM you guys and let you know what we talked about. Hope it does me some good.

Than I went and met my friend and we sat at the restuarant for about 4 1/2 hours. They were so nice to let us sit and talk all that time. We enjoyed a really good evening and can't wait till next month.

I just took a Benadryl and am headed to bed.

Sleep tight and I'll chat with you tomorrow. Hugs.

Good Morning, Dearies...

Getting an early start today... dd has chorus an hour early on Tuesday's... after I drop her off I'm going to go down to my mom's (about an hr away) and we're going to sew 15 pair of old-fashioned bloomers for the HS musical "Annie" that dd is in (there are a total of 80 orphans!! :) I grabbed only 15 pair to sew... see, I'm showing restraint!) That'll take most of the day... then I'll high-tail it back here & pick up/drop off kids @ activities & then end up @ the HS to help out w/whatever else they need done... the show is the first weekend of Dec... so 2.5 weeks... yep, that's just when the crazies set in in theater!

Suzie... I'm eager to hear what your doc suggested for you... your doc sounds very reasonable and is a real partner w/you in your wt loss journey... that is so great! & I know how great it is to spend quality time w/a friend... that's how I felt on Saturday w/mine...

When I logged in I noticed that this thread is getting up there in posts & views... + it's getting a bit slow to load (at least for me)... are we nearing a new one???

Make it a great day, everyone!

Good Morning.

Last night I posted and than I could not get back on. I tried for about an hour and than went to bed.

Hey Violets~

Yup Kat, I couldn't get on last night either??? Not sure what is going on!

I woke up feeling worse?? I have a bad sore throat and an achy heavy head. This totally sucks. I have a 2 hour state meeting today but then I am coming home and resting.

Yesterday, I had a doc (feet) appt. I sat in the waiting room for 45 min., realized there was someone in front of me still...and I was there for a 30 min appt.( casting my feet for new orthotics). I sat in the FREEZING COLD waiting room...and I think I got sick (er). I finally told the gal I needed to reschedule this appointment, that I was sick and freezing, and did not have the time to wait anymore.

OK...off to another day of work! I hope it is a gentle day. Some days are easier than other!!

Have a great day!

Pam - Sorry you're feeling worse. :) I have a rule about waiting for doctors: 20 minutes I give them a warning that I will only wait 10 more minutes. If those 10 minutes go by then I leave. A handful of times it has gotten me in and other times I had to leave and reschecule....BUT I feel better about 'taking my stand'.

Kat - what kind of car did they get?

Have I told you guys lately how much I HATE THOSE DAMN scales? I swear, I want to just kick the living H-E-L-L out of those scales. I swear, I think they have a mind of their own and just wants to taunt me at times.

I REFUSE, let me say it again, I REFUSE to stay at where I'm at. I don't care, I will not quit at 170 or 165, I MUST get to my goal. I did not have this surgery to lose just 80% of my excess weight, I had the surgery to lose all 100% of it and thats what I intend to do, no matter HOW LONG it takes. So I will beat those darned stubborn scales, I will do it, they will NOT win.

Last week I weighed in at 167, this week I'm at a freaken 4 lb gain, what in the world? I did have a lot of sodium this weekend, so i'm hoping if I drink lots of Water it will flush the water weight out.

I think I need to throw the darned scales away if they aren't going to be nice to me!

Kity - sorry your feeling bad, hope you have a speedy recovery!

SCHOOL -- 1958 vs. 2008

Scenario:

Jack goes quail hunting before school,

pulls into school parking lot with shotgun in gun rack.

1958 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun,

goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.

2008 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail

and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselor called in

for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario:

Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.

1958 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins.

Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.

2008 - Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark.

Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it

Scenario:

Jeffrey won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1958 - Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by the Principal.

Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2008 - Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie.

Tested for ADD. School gets extra money from state

because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario:

Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car

and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1958 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal,

goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2008 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse.

Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang.

State psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers

being abused herself and their dad goes to prison.

Billy's mom has affair with psychologist.

Scenario:

Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1958 - Mark shares aspirin with Principal out on the smoking dock.

2008 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations.

Car searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario:

Pedro fails high school English.

1958 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.

2008 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state.

Newspaper articles appear nationally

explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist.

ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system

and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum.

Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up

mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario:

Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from 4th of July,

puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a red ant bed.

1958 - Ants die.

2008- BATF, Homeland Security, FBI called.

Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents,

siblings removed from home, computers confiscated,

Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list

and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario:

Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee.

He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1958 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2008 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job.

She faces 3 years in State Prison.

Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

Way to get mad, Sunshine!!! Woooooooo hooooooooo!

Good Morning:

short version............ Robby started meds today....

Vyvanse 20 mg.. supposed to last 10 hours.

School nurse just called, he threw up and complained of his belly hurting. She thought it was the flu shot until I told her what he took this morning. She said it was normal and that she would watch him.

I go for my mammo today also.

Charles asked me if I was crying and I said No, I"m fine, he said.. By God YOUR meds are WORKING! LOl

Wrestling also started last night.........

Tracyks, thinking of you!!!!

Funny but true Terri!!

I tried last night and failed to get on.

Kat, the Dr. did say something about a bubble. You are so smart!!!! I doesn't sound physically painful, but wow, I can't imagine looking down for that long!

Susie, I finished my cross stitch yesterday and will bring the stuff with me Sunday! I will try very hard to leave about 9:00 on Sunday, since it takes me about 10-15 minutes more I will call you when I leave to give you a heads up.

Tracyk where are you???????????????

Hey all~

Haydee nor I could get on the site last night either, it is getting old!

I am off for most of the day....lots of things to get done. Pissed off my inlaws, so plan on making it worth doing right!!! Drama!!! LOL

Terry, they bought a new Camry---it is what they drive!! LOL It is really nice though!

Will check in when I get home. Y'all be good!!!

Kat