Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good Morning, Girlies...

I'm home! DS & I had a fun weekend together. He's a neat kid. Today is his 14th birthday! :smile2: I can't believe it!

His soccer team played GREAT! We won the 2 games on Saturday, so played in the semifinals yesterday morning -- & won! The championship game was AMAZING -- honestly the best soccer game I've ever watched (& trust me, I've seen a LOT of soccer games in my time (ds started playing @ age 3!!))... we played a team from Farmington Hills, MI (I lived there my 1st year of marriage!) and the teams were perfectly matched! So at the end of 70 mins regulation play it was 0-0... so another 10 mins of overtime & still @ 0-0!... so it goes down to penalty kicks & remember that my ds is the goalie!! SOOOO much pressure... seriously, my stomach was flipping & flopping... so our first player completely mis-kicks the ball -- not only does it go over the goal, it flies waaaay over the big tree behind the goal, too! Whoops! he must've been a bit nervous, huh? So then it goes back & forth... ds stops their goalie's kick (yay!)... but then everyone else gets it in (it's really difficult to stop a penalty kick... it's pretty much just luck)... so it comes down to the last shot -- & the MI team wins! UGH! Such a heartbreaker! And ds felt really responsible, but it so wasn't his fault, he played AMAZING all game, both teams did... it was crazy!! He was sullen & moping for awhile afterwards... but came around after a nice juicy burger & bottomless fries @ Red Robin + finally LISTENING to reason & what everyone was telling him...

We got home around 9pm last night... have lots of catching up to do around here...

OH! (Sorry this is so long today, I guess this IS my journal, like Judy said) -- my friend & her boys came to the Sat. games & we hung out and talked NONSTOP all day (no surprise!) & went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner & drank mojitos & shared a BIG salad + a slice of chzcake... mmmmmmm... it was so great to see her & wish we lived closer!! I'll post pics...

Ideas for me for my SS... I like spicy scents (NOT FLORALS) like cinnamon & spiced pumpkin or food scents like cafe au lait... LOVE Yankee Candles... like the Warm vanilla Sugar items @ Bath & Body Works... love Borders & books... love Starbucks & fancy coffee drinks... knitting & baking... I'm easy!

Off to run ds's soccer gear through the washer for a SECOND time (ugh -- the mud & smell of them!!)

Make it a great day, everyone!!

Oh and I hear everyone saying that they've started decorating and shopping for Christmas already. WOW. I am so behind. Haven't even thought about Christmas yet. I have to get busy on that too. I am hosting one night of the POSADAS this year and I'm so excited.

A posada is the traditional celebration of when Mary and Joseph went from house to house asking for lodging. It literally means "seeking shelter". We start on Dec 16th and each night until Dec. 24th, someone hosts Mary and Joseph at their house. Then on the 24th, at whoever's house hosting Christmas, we lay down the baby Jesus in the manger that we've built for him. It's a religious celebration, we sing songs and we pray. So much fun! And like I said, I am hosting one night so I gotta get started on getting my lights up and my tree up...

Oh okay, I keep forgetting to give my SS hints:

Um, I love candles. Any scent but I especially like clean scents. Like linen or cotton scents. My sisters complain that I always smell like TIDE. Love it...

I love love love the body cream from Bath and Body works. My favorite at the moment is Japanese Cherry blossom or anything soft like that...

I love scarves. Any color, any lenght. I wear them all the time as accesories... I know, I'm a dork, I live in Houston for goodness sake. But I just like them...

And food. And chocolate. And sugar. Any of that is very very good too. Homemade oatmeal raisin Cookies, hint hint hint, in case the oatmeal raisin cookie queen is my secret santa...LOL

And like Judy said, I won't turn away diamonds!!! ha ha ha....

whew...went and threw a tantrum in my blog and now I feel much better, lol

Haydee-I heard the concert was great! You lucky thing you!

Pamela-sounds like you must be feeling better. I am so glad.

Judy-thanks for relating with me on the scales. Sucks, huh?! We will overcome it one day! Hopefully sooner than later.

Michelle-sounds like a good time you had!

Terry-I'll bet you are busy @ work as far as christmas party planning goes too huh? Where are ya'll having it this year?

Laura-any plans to go to Tunica any time soon? I am living vicariously through you. How is the no smoking?

Jenn-where are you??

TracyinKS-we sure miss you when you do not post over the weekend!

Suzie & Jane-wish I could meet up with you 2 this weekend!

Kat-I lol when I read about you saying you wondered how your family would feel about a low carb thanksgiving. LOL They would probably feel the same way mine would feel...NO WAY JOSE!!

Hope you all have a great day...make healthy choices...even though sometimes it doesn't seem to do any good, at least you will know you are doing your part...right?! lol

I'm *thinking* and *list-making* for Christmas, but don't begin to decorate or wrap or anything 'til after Thanksgiving. I burn out on Christmas if I start it too early.

I enjoy Thanksgiving and think it gets overlooked in the hustle & bustle of Christmas. I like that it's about family & friends & taking a day to pause and be thankful for all that's good in our lives.

THEN it's on to the craziness of Christmas!

TracyK, I saw that dinosaur "toy" (it looks more like a life-size dino pet!) advertised on TV. I can see why a kid would want it... but it looks like they'd get bored w/it pretty quick... what would they actually DO w/it??... sit on it to watch TV?? Crazy TV advertising!!!:smile2:

Man, I am just chatty today!

Anyhoo, today is my dad's birthday and like the procrastinator that I am I have left gift shopping till the last minute... I'm leaving work early and headed to the mall...

Any ideas on what to get a man that has everything?? Ugh, he is so hard to shop for! He loves to read but buys every book he likes as soon as it's out. He loves to hunt and fish and golf but has every do-hickey imaginable. I feel like a dork getting him a gift card to somewhere.

My sisters just gave up and one is getting him socks and the other one is getting him underwear, LOL.

This is hard but does anyone had any ideas??

TracyK, I saw that dinosaur "toy" (it looks more like a life-size dino pet!) advertised on TV. I can see why a kid would want it... but it looks like they'd get bored w/it pretty quick... what would they actually DO w/it??... sit on it to watch TV?? Crazy TV advertising!!!:smile2:

They were saying on the radio this morning that they did a survey and said that on average kids play with their Christmas toys only until the end of January then they are forgotten!

I think this year I am getting my nieces and nephews a gift cards for the movies. They need no more 'stuff'....

Haydee, I'm chatty too, but it's really more just procrastination, I think.

Guys do seem to like their doo-hickys... when I was in NC w/walked the mall & browsed in Brookstone & Eddie Bauer & there were all sorts of interesting "guy" items... a cap w/a flashlight in it, ugh, I can't remember the others, but I remember looking at them thinking they were cool for outdoorsy types... try a store like that?? Or if you all are doing "funny yet practical dad gifts" how about slippers or a bathrobe or something like that?? Dads are the hardest folks to buy for!

That's a good idea, Haydee. I know that people think that gift cards are impersonal, but I personally love them (as long as there to somewhere you actually go! lol!). I feel free to "splurge" on myself w/a gift card.

I love to get kids activity gifts, as well... craft kits, learn to knit, art stuff... it depends on the age, tho...

This year I'm getting all the nieces & nephews travel toiletry bags from PB Teen, & then I'll fill them w/necessaries like qtips, kleenex, toothpaste, etc... they're all getting older & need them... for my kids, too! Not exciting, but necessary & thoughtful!! (My niece came to spend the night @ my house w/her sister's falling apart overnight bag & her toothbrush in the outside pocket, ugh.)

That's a good idea, Haydee. I know that people think that gift cards are impersonal, but I personally love them (as long as there to somewhere you actually go! lol!). I feel free to "splurge" on myself w/a gift card.

I love to get kids activity gifts, as well... craft kits, learn to knit, art stuff... it depends on the age, tho...

This year I'm getting all the nieces & nephews travel toiletry bags from PB Teen, & then I'll fill them w/necessaries like qtips, kleenex, toothpaste, etc... they're all getting older & need them... for my kids, too! Not exciting, but necessary & thoughtful!! (My niece came to spend the night @ my house w/her sister's falling apart overnight bag & her toothbrush in the outside pocket, ugh.)

oooohhhh, that is such a good idea!! I might just steal it. The kids are always spending the night at each others houses now that they're a little bit older...

Haydee, I'm chatty too, but it's really more just procrastination, I think.

Guys do seem to like their doo-hickys... when I was in NC w/walked the mall & browsed in Brookstone & Eddie Bauer & there were all sorts of interesting "guy" items... a cap w/a flashlight in it, ugh, I can't remember the others, but I remember looking at them thinking they were cool for outdoorsy types... try a store like that?? Or if you all are doing "funny yet practical dad gifts" how about slippers or a bathrobe or something like that?? Dads are the hardest folks to buy for!

oh yes, I have a brookstone about 3 miles from me. I'm gonna go see what they have...

Haydee - I order the hunting gear (gifts) for the deer lease we have at my company. This year the guys are all excited about the Bushnell Back Tracker we have. Maybe you and your sisters can go in on a range finder for him...those can be used for golf AND hunting. They love camo anything!!....shirts, jackets, tshirts, vests, even long underwear! They can never have enough camo. Wierdos.

It is going be 90 here today? Then we are having a "cold front" come through...gonna get all the way down to 80 by Sun...BBBUUUURRRR!!

I am feeling 100x better, but am still very sick. I might take Wed off and rest. I was sooo sick on Sat, but I did all my homework goal, so didn't get much rest. W/ Susanne gone all week, it could mean an I Love Lucy marathon in my future:biggrin::smile2::biggrin:

I was just looking at (& smiling over) the ILL postcard you sent me that's on my BB, Pam... "vitameatavegamin"... a classic! :smile2: Hope you're feeling back to normal soon!!

Those are excellent ideas, Terri!

Haydee... also @ PB Teen are overnight duffles, which I'm going to get for the girl nieces for their b'days, then they'll have matching sets! (Personally, I love PB Teen bedroom stuff!! So much fun! I wish they'd had PB Teen when I was a teen!!)