Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Oh the good news.. I am getting $5,900 back in taxes! It was going to be $1,500 until they put in my medical expenses this year. Kind of a bummer, means next year we won't get back all that much. We put about 10k in taxes this year, it's unreal how much they keep. BOO!

Nice Laura

I'm jealous... but considering my sucky year last year, I'm glad to get back $3600, paying for my plane!

TRACYK----- HEY THERE GIRLFRIEND!!! You need to send us all an email with your new address. I was sending Michelle and Laura a package and realized that you moved... and the address I have for you is from October.

I took dd to the movies to see Untraceable.... good movie I didn't really know what to expect but it was good.

I feel so bloated tonight, don't know why - i'm going to drink some special tea. Tomorrow i'm going to start drinking a glass of lemon Water tomorrow and see if that helps

Hi Everyone!

Back from Florida. I haven't seen most of those folks for a year -- they were all in amazment of my weight loss.

I did stay on track the whole trip -- but only loss .4 lbs (5days) when I returned. I guess that is better than gaining, but I was so good- thought I would get to 239 or less. Nope 242.6.

Have a good evening everyone!

Evening, Violets.

My day is finally over. Had bell choir and a singing rehearsal tonight. NOw it's just waiting for the storm to hit. It poured rain here this evening and it's supposed to go down to 11 degrees, so you can guess what it's going to be like. No hot tub tonight, but I did another 15 minutes on the trampoline.

Tomorrow is hair cut day and then choir in the evening if the weather holds.

Michelle.... congrats on all the compliments. Doesn't it feel wonderful?? And great motivation too!

Terry... did you conquer the cookie demon??

TracyK... hope you feel better tomorrow. Take care of yourself.

I'll be getting all our info together for the tax man this weekend. I'm sure we won't get much back, never have. I'll be happy if we don't have to pay anything in.

TracyinKS.... did you stay on plan the whole day?? I'm betting you did!

Time to go visit with my chat friend in California.

Everyone sleep well... Catch you tomorrow!

Hey V's~

I dragged my tired ass to Jazzercise! Feel much better, I knew I would.

Before class I made Bean Salad!

Kidney beans

Garbonzo beans

Green beans

Asparagus

Corn

Artichoke Hearts (2 jars)

diced olives

1tbs EVOO (lite)

2 tbs red wine vinegar

1tbs balsalmic vinegar

minced onions

Italian seasoning

smidge of garlic powder (don't use salt)

Mixed together and sat while I went to class. It was sooo yummy. I have no idea how many calories (how do you figure that out???) but it was great! Best part is I had all the ingredients all ready in the cupboard! Thanks for the idea Judy! Yum!

Off to grade some papers!

TTFN

Hi Everyone!

Back from Florida. I haven't seen most of those folks for a year -- they were all in amazment of my weight loss.

I did stay on track the whole trip -- but only loss .4 lbs (5days) when I returned. I guess that is better than gaining, but I was so good- thought I would get to 239 or less. Nope 242.6.

Have a good evening everyone!

Gina!! welcome home!! Just 4 more pounds til you hit

-100! You're gonna do it!! AWESOME!!!

Thank Judy!!!!!

I wore the white outfit you sent me for Awards Night -- WOw the compliments! I will post pictures when I get them.

Thanks again for the 2 outfits!

Yes, thanks to Michelle I did take her advice and moved the Cookies to the reception desk. Crisis averted. Well, almost....I did have 1/2 a cookie first.

Then took my daughter out to dinner and had chicken picatta w/ angel hair Pasta. It was delish. But my very skinny daughter decided she wanted dessert....and I ended up eating at least 1/3 of it....bananas foster ice cream cake. It did NOT taste low-fat!

I am so damn weak.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Gina, do you think that getting on liquids for a few days helped you in your restriction? I think I'm having the same problem you had a few weeks ago. I think my pouch might be stretched because I have good restriction but can still eat a good amount.

I'm giong to bed... just have to tell you all my NSV today, it is kind of funny.

I was meeting my mom at the grocery store... I still don't know why but I did, so she is shopping away and i was walking up to her, made serious eye contact and she turned around and walked away WTF??? so I yelled JAN... she turns around - looked right at me and started to turn around again.. she said OMG you are so tiny, I didn't even know it was you... then she waked right by me at the register... are you kidding me... my own mom didn't know me!

Gina, do you think that getting on liquids for a few days helped you in your restriction? I think I'm having the same problem you had a few weeks ago. I think my pouch might be stretched because I have good restriction but can still eat a good amount.

YES absolutely! Then I don't press any issue - stop immediately when feeling uncomfortable. Measure - 1/2 cup or 4 oz max if I don't get the uncomfortable feeling. Stick to meals only and no snacking (I usually haven't had Breakfast due to restriciton).

Getting liquids in -- I won't try anything in the morning until I have drank 32 oz - then some liq/food with Protein then another 32 oz then dinner liq/food then 32 oz more and bed.

I have lost 10 lbs - which is only .4 lbs down from my lowest weight in October (which was only 1 day - but I counted it).

It's not easy the first 3 or 4 days but then get's easier - if I listen to my body - I am taurus so Hard headed you know sometimes.:frown: LOL.

OH ALSO -- I was taking Protonix for reflux and I stopped that as well - i think that stopped the full feeling and I would eat and eat due to starving supposively.

Good luck!

Good Morning~~

9 days 'til the trip! Sorry if you're sick of reading about it, but as I can't countdown w/anyone here in RL, it helps me get out the excitement if I can count it down here!! The pressure is building & building inside me... I hope I don't pop before Friday!! Last night I was driving 45 mins home (I was alone) and I kept "practicing" different "scripts" of what I'll say/how I'll "announce" the surprise... I tried this & that... every time, I LOVED that I was able to SHOUT OUT "SURPRISE! WE'RE GOING TO WALT DISNEY WORLD!" It felt soooo good to let it out! + it helped me to develop a general idea of what to say for maximum impact -- as if there's minimum w/this kind of surprise!! I am GIDDY!!! Can you tell??

Enough of that. Another busy day. Today after the Y I get to work on my tax prep for all my various "self-employed" jobs... MK, editing, substitute teaching & Let's Dish!... I love doing what I love, but I hate it at tax time!

Make it a great day, everyone!