Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Judy~ is your bean sal w/ kidney, garbonzo, green Beans w/ italian dressing? YUM...may make some tonight. Let me know if it is different.

Kidney beans, garbonzo beans, green beans, black olives, green olives, marinated artichoke hearts (chopped), corn, celery, and onions. Dressing is 1/2 Cup splenda, 2/3 Cup vinegar, 1/3 Cup olive oil, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper I also add parsley, dill and rosemary and whatever other spices I feel in the mood for. lol Makes a batch that lasts me for two weeks.

So much for my good intentions. I am most definitely getting sick AGAIN. Boo!! :rolleyes2: :cool2: :wink2:

My throat hurt this morning and I had a cough.. now it's a painful cough and I keep wheezing and my throat is RAW. DH wanted Taco Bell for lunch, but I convinced him to go to Steak & shake. I got a small bowl of chili, and a turtle milkshake. I ate about 2 sips of chili, but the irritation is bothering my band.. so I felt stuck on 2 sips of liquid!! So I moved onto my shake, and I'm nursing it. It makes my throat feel better for about a minute.

Smokes are tasting ooky and it's makin me unhappy. Especially when I'm sick, I like the menthol. I can't believe only 2 days make them taste bad. I was expecting a whole week of enjoying my smoking :smile:

Kat - I have so much trouble with oranges now. I almost PB'd on Sunday with one. It finally went down but not before I made a fool of myself in front of my family. I had to walk around fast, flapping my arms and beating my chest. Everyone was laughing at me!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW THATS A VISUAL! "Just so you know" :rolleyes2:

Suzie: YES that crazy commercial!!!!! LOL

IT JUST STOPPED SNOWING IN LEAVENWORTH! So much for 60 degrees we had yesterday! blech

I had a Wendy's chili for lunch........... (a large chili and I ate 90% of it)

I'm half way done with my 2nd liter of water........ guess I should go see how many calories I've had so far.

Terry: Your welcome.. OhYeah's are suprisingly good.

Judy: that sounds yummy......

Haydee: so does a burito in a bowl.

My funniest PB story (ALA Haydee) just happened 2 weeks ago. I was having Quality Teacher for English Learners presenters in my room to observe a planned lesson (very informal, yet still important). I was starving and didn't want to have the grumbling stomach (it is really loud since banding). So, I ate these little protien balls (120 cal = 15 g. protien) in between periods (5 min.) I wolfed them down so I could clean my teeth and put my lips on before the observation. I was all set, then I decided I needed a sip of Water to wash it down. MAN O MAN...BIG MISTAKE! She walks in and I motion for her to sit at this designated area. I am sliming big time, sharp pain in the chest (you all know the feeling:rolleyes:)...and I was walking around. I said to her, I just need a minute. Mind you, my students are watching me...watching her...and of course they are starting to talk...(when don't they talk, right?). I am sliming and walking...hand on chest, eyes watering. Thinking...what am I gonna do PB in front of everyone? So I open my door, and PB right in the trash can outside. Mind you, my kids could hear, the lady could hear, the neighboring classes could hear. But as you all know...I WAS FINE AFTER THAT:wink2:!

OMG Pamela!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMAO

I just went to the wendys website to see the damage of a large chili w/cheese

Calories: 390, Net Carbs: 28, Protein: 29! Not as bad as I thought it would be.

OhYeah: Calories: 210 puts me at 600 calories for the day (excluding coffee and creamer)

STILL ON PLAN and its 3 p.m.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TODAY I WILL STAY ON PLAN!

My funniest PB happen just a month or 2 after being banded, before y'all come on the scene. I was at the GYN for my follow up---I used to go every 6 months, and am now back to yearly--yea!!!

Anyway, like Pamela said, I was worried about laying there, and my stomach roaring---so I stopped and bought a croissanwich (sp?) at Burger King. I ditched half the bread, and snacked on it as I drove across town to the Dr. Just before going in, I took a drink to make sure I had it rinsed out of my teeth and all.....there in was my mistake as well. I made it it, signed in, and knew, it was either pace the room, or lose it. I do not PB easily, it is a difficult thing for me to "throw up" in any way! So I am in the bathroom gagging! This girl in another stall tells me "I'm sorry you are sick, but it helps knowing I am not the only one with all day sickness, my sister is pregnant too and she never even had morning sickness, and I am sick all day!"

I replied some people are that way, hope she feels better soon....unsure how else to say anything!!!

I let her leave the bathroom, and eventually managed to rid myself of some air, and my food settled.....but I was mistaken for a sick pregnant woman!!

Oh, ended up going to lunch with DD---her treat mind you! I ate a taco, and a few bites of refried Beans. Avoided the chips and salsa! Shared a taco plate with Kinsey. She ate one of the tacos, and ate the center out of the other one covered in enough sour cream for all of them! The girl is growing, she eats non stop!

I have drank 2 glasses of tea, and a bottle of Fuze. Will be headed out to exercise here in a couple of hours, and will get in a bottle or 2 of Water then.

Kat

Hi All...

Just got back from copying, collating, stapling & distributing the montly PTA newsletter @ the elem. school... guess I haven't been there in awhile, because EVERYONE was going CRAZY over lil' ol' ME & my weight loss! It was kinda nice! :rolleyes2: It reminded me that I DO look better and that I HAVE lost a lot (I tend to focus on what I still have to lose, not what I've accomplished so far)... it was nice to get those strokes!

There's A Tray Of Cookies Sitting 10 Feet From My Desk!!!!!!!!:rolleyes2:

Hi All...

Just got back from copying, collating, stapling & distributing the montly PTA newsletter @ the elem. school... guess I haven't been there in awhile, because EVERYONE was going CRAZY over lil' ol' ME & my weight loss! It was kinda nice! :rolleyes2: It reminded me that I DO look better and that I HAVE lost a lot (I tend to focus on what I still have to lose, not what I've accomplished so far)... it was nice to get those strokes!

GREAT Job, Michelle!!!

I saw this today in my mailbox.... goes along those same lines!! you must be onto something! .....

Take a tip from high performance athletes. Look at how far you've come, not how much you have left to do. Scientists call this the horizon effect. It creates encouragement—"I've done twice as much as a week ago!" and builds determination—"I've made it this far; I might as well keep going." Focus on the ten pounds you did lose; the closet you managed to clean; the $1,000 debt you've wiped out; the evening you carved out for yourself. Don't forget to ask yourself how you've accomplished the task so far, so you can mine your success for ideas on how to keep going. --M.J.Ryan (Author of 'This Year I Will...')

DANG OL NASTY CARB LADEN BALLS OF FIRE!!!!!!!!! They are full of ecoli!!!! Someone used SALT instead of sugar!

DO WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO TO STAY AWAY FROM THEM!

Whoooooooohoooooooo Michelle! NSV alert!

OK.. gotta go

2 liters of Water and ON PLAN....

Hi violets-

I made it through the day (barely). I stopped at the pharmacy on my way home and got something for nausea. If that would go away, I would feel great!

Laura-hate to hear that you are getting sick!

Pam-glad you are feeling better!

I had so many pages to catch up on that I can not remember what everyone said....please forgive me if I do not do personals to everyone....just know I luv all ya'll!

Have a great evening violets!