Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Tracy- You're so lucky!! My BCBS policy has the 'obesity' area, and it basically says "NOTHING related to obesity. If you have surgery anyway, we will not pay for ANYTHING if you have complications. If you get loose skin due to obesity treatments, WE WILL NOT HELP".

Jerks.

Got this in an e-mail this morning.. funny!

The Why's of Men =

1. WHY DO MEN BECOME SMARTER DURING SEX?

(because they are plugged into a genius)

2. WHY DON'T WOMEN BLINK DURING SEX?

(they don't have enough time)

3. WHY DOES IT TAKE 1 MILLION SPERM TO FERTILIZE ONE EGG?

(they don't stop to ask directions)

4. WHY DO MEN SNORE WHEN THEY LIE ON THEIR BACKS?

(because their balls fall over their butt-hole and they vapor lock)

(You're laughing, aren't you?!?!)

5. WHY WERE MEN GIVEN LARGER BRAINS THAN DOGS?

(so they won't hump women's legs at cocktails parties)

6. WHY DID GOD MAKE MEN BEFORE WOMEN?

(you need a rough draft before you make a final copy)

7. HOW MANY MEN DOES IT TAKE TO PUT A TOILET SEAT DOWN?

(don't know.....it never happened)

8. WHY DID GOD PUT MEN ON EARTH?

(because a vibrator can't mow the lawn)

And I am wearing my size 17 jeans today that I've had locked in the closet. They fit like 15's. WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They make my stomach do weird pucker things, so I had to wear a big sweater up top, but they're not too tight and they make my butt look fantabulous!

Day 2 of Chantix, and I have 1 side effect immediately. Or just weird timing, but I have weird dreams very rarely unless I take Nyquil.

2 nights ago (day 1 on chantix) I had a bad dream and woke right up at 4am and felt wide awake. I couldn't remember the dream, but I was mad DH didn't wake me up (that's logic eh?) and then I was too scared to move to find the remote so I could turn the TV on. I was up till 4:45am staring at the ceiling.

Last night, I remembered my dreams this time. I thought about them everytime I woke up from them so I would remember. First, DH's little brother was smoking crack in my dear ol' Granny's house. I was trying to kick him out and he was being a punk, so I beat him up LOL. Woke up. Then, my purse was stolen and I called the cops.. and they were telling me basically they were too busy, could I just go get it back myself. Woke up. Then dreamed DH died, I was AT HIS FUNERAL, and I remember trying to compose myself and I would keep bursting into tears, and this big ol black lady was feeding me cakes (hmm) to make me feel better. Then a couple days in dream time passed, and he was alive again but in my distress I lost both our cars lol. So bizarre, Woke up to my alarm clock, thought it was Saturday some reason and cut it off. Late to work. 1/2 frappuccino now.. coughing lots of flem up today. I don't think Chantix makes you do that, so wonder if I'm gettin sick now. Blah.

LOL...Weird dreams are a side effect of Chantix...but nothing you can't get through. Good Luck on quitting! It is hard, (I know) but soooo worth it in the end!

Well, no observation today. I looks great too. Can she do a repeat performance tomorrow...we will have to wait and see!

TTFN

congrats on the jeans Laura............ oh and I LOVE chickeninabisquit crackers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm with Denise.. I can (and have) eaten an entire box!

I ate about 10 more biscuits last night & a sugar-free pudding cup, I have never put anything on them, I love their flavor.. but now I will have to try it with the cream cheese.. num num.

Laura - my best friend has been taking it for a couple weeks, she had strange dreams, totally space case and can't get out of her own way, has only not been smoking for 3-4 days, well yest she had a bad day and a pack in her car, so she had one. It did nothing for her and she had a horrible headach and doesn't want another.... Hang in there... the fun is just beginning but you will be so much healthier.

Yes, I'm reformed too!!! 14 years

yay laura!! I'll be jumping for joy the day I can actually wear an 18. I've been stuck in these 20's for awhile... I'm a total pear.

I have yet to put a thing in my mouth today and it's almost 11 am. I've been in a bad mood all morning. Sigh. I hate that I'll talk to Juan about something and he only half listens to me. Then the next day or a few days later he tells me the same thing like it's the first time I heard it when I'm the one who originally told him. Most of the time I just brush it off and pretend it's the first I've heard of it. But when he told me something today that I was talking to him about a few days ago and then he said "Just so you know". GAH!!! that just took me over the edge. Just so I know? I'm the one who told you three days ago!!! Lord please help me not strangle this man...

Laura, I have had customers tell me you have weird dreams of the patch also, I wonder if it is one of the secret ingredients!! Good Luck!!!

Well once again I spit up a bunch last night. Threw up on my comforter it is in the wash as we speak. I really don't feel bad. Just tired from waking up all the time. But at least I can lay down now, I couldn't do it before I switched to 4 zantacs. I wish the nurse would call me back. I called again late yesterday, but no reply. Hope she calls soon.

Semi busy day at work today, Have a good day!!

Jane

ROFL Haydee. I know what ya mean. Russell does this stupid thing, where he has his headphones on while playin video games. I gotta yell to ask a question, so I ask "Did you xxx?" (or whatever) and he responds "Yes (or no), WHY?".

That why drives me crazy. Because, HE is asking a question, but he can't hear me!! So I respond and he goes 'WHAT?' and I go "OMG SHUT UP!!" ..

'WHAT?" rofl. His 'why' isn't needed, I just needed to know my answer, I was listening for his response, no need for him to try to instigate a conversation when he can't pay attention. Anyway, we're not fighting a lot anymore, I guess a month or so ago when I was complainin a lot it was just a bad spot.

A lot of people at work are on Chantix. My mom took it for 3 weeks so she could stop for 1 day in the hospital for her hysterectomy last year. She didn't want to quit tho, so she was smoke free and fine in the hospital, when we left the hospital she lit up just cause she could and smokes now. She's kept it for whenever she decides to quit. A guy in the back, he makes me the most nervous. He quit, but he ended up converting nicotine to chocolate. He carries candy bars everywhere. Initially he gained a lot of weight (once skinny man) and had a HUGE beer lookin belly. He has since lost a lot of it, but he is still eating chocolate bars 24/7. My uncle did Chantix off and on, and he would smoke but not finish it and said he didn't really want it.. he keeps sayin he is going to refill it, but whatever. DH's dad is what really pushed me to do it. He's 60 this year (I still can't get over that), smoked since he was 10.. he smokes 2-3 packs a day. Over Xmas when we visited, he had been on it a few weeks, and he still smokes, but he would light it up and just let it burn. Didn't even puff on it. And he said he doesn't like the taste anymore. So he 'smokes' 1/2 pack a day now. I am a chain smoker since banding, I need to cut back if nothing else. It's a start. If I'm able to overcome smoking alltogether it'll just be a nice bonus! I have been smokin even more (if that's possible) since I know I'm quitting soon. It's likely mental, but I don't like it as much. And it also could be since I smoke so much.. for those of you who smoke, ya know how when you smoke too much at once it becomes unpleasant? Just some funky tastes goin on in my mouth right now.

Ok done rambling. Been having headaches for weeks, and decided yesterday it's either the weight of my NOW THICK hair being pulled up, or caffein withdrawals. So today I took a caffein pill, drinkin my frapp, and hair is down. So caffein makin me chatty :rolleyes2:

Ur too funny, Laura!! Are you getting your Water in? Dehydration can give you headaches deluxe! Could just be some tension in your shoulders as well...have DH give you a good massage. Better yet, go pay a professional! :Dancing_chief:

Haydee -- I just have one thing to say: MEN!!!! No, make it two: :rolleyes2:

TracyK -- Hope you're hangin in!

Just had my first Oh Yeah Wafer (choc mint) and it was delish! I'm gonna experiment and see how long it holds me. Thanks for the tip, Tracy... I like 'em!

Went to plug in my calories for the day and so far I've already had 560! Oy! Yep, looks like I gotta get back on that horse! It definitely helps keep me on track....as long as I don't pass by any cookie trays. HA!

We don't mind chatty, Laura!

I'm sipping on a cup of hot coffee right now. It's taking it's sweet time going down. My restriction is so weird right now. liquids take forever going down. I can actually feel them backing up. And I burp alot, like little burps, while I'm drinking. But food? No problem. I mean, I have restriction, but I can still eat a good size amount. So. I guess I need to run back to my fill doctor and get checked to make sure I didn't stretch my pouch. Can I shrink it back down if I have?

I have also got to say that I HATE THE IRS!!! Just did my taxes. We owe federal $1308 and state $1318. I'm going to be paying them all damn year. Sometimes I miss making less money so that I GET money back at the end of the year...but then I love making more money throughout the year....whatever, I still hate them. LOL

You need to have a home based business!!!

Hi girls~~

Lazy day, Kinsey and I have been making a play-doh smorgasbord!! We have pies, and cakes....and soon to be lots of mixed up colors if I don't watch her!!!

Manda tried to go to work, but got turned around by her boss, they closed her plant. So she is at home trying to get her important work done without the help of a certain 3 year old with 4 wall fever!!! Add in, 2 rambunctious pups----and you now know why I have Kinsey even if her Mom is at home! She will be here after her in about an hour she said.

My DIL called and wanted us to meet at pizza Hut for the lunch buffet. That is a total and complete bust for me--but I always pick up the tab, so I get invited frequently!! Not today I begged off!

I ate a slice of 12 grain bread toasted for Breakfast. Will have a clementine for snack in awhile---trying to keep some Fiber going in!

Will be back in a second to post my tip! I got it in an email the other day and saved it for today!

Tracy, hope today at work is ok----feel better. Pamela you will knock his socks off whenever you get observed----just save the hard thought lesson!!!

I am hoping the roads get cleared and I will go work out again later today. I slept much better, I slept in late!

Jane are you sleeping on an incline?? It works great for me!

Laura----DD had wierd Chantix dreams too! So did my best friend Becky! She told me hers, I laughed my butt off!!! Literally---it is GONE!

Ms Jen! I see you here!!! How you doing? Sure you can't join us in SA?

OK, be back in a minute with my tip of the day!

Kat

I think about it all the time. What could I do to be my own boss? So many people have home based businesses but I don't even know where to begin!