Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Laura, you probably already know this, but the one food that keeps my hunger at bay is Protein. cheese, nuts, cottage cheese, pepperoni slices, ham and cheese roll-ups, Peanut Butter , Carnation SF Instant Breakfast....whatever you can think of....PROTEIN, PROTEIN, PROTEIN. If I start off my day with a carby Breakfast then I'm extra hungry all day long. You're an ex-lowcarber. You know all this. Or at least tell yourself you can even have anything you want as long as it has REAL nutritional value so at least you won't be eating empty calories. (((Hugs))) I understand. Been there, done that!

Terry-any luck shopping for work clothes?

I hope all of you have a fantastic evening. Tonight is survivor night....all is right with the world. (except for my broken scales)

Back from my all day meeting, Back from picking up Robby from school and today he got his 10th checkmark on the board so that means he loses the halloween parade and party tomorrow at school...... THAT STUBBORN CHILD..... he really doesn't know yet what he is missing, because he just shrugged his shoulders and said oh well. Then I told him that since he lost his party I would not be attending it either, and I called my boss to tell him that I wouldn't need the afternoon off work....... it was then and when I told him we wouldn't even be sending his costume to school because he lost it...... then he got upset......... Also he has lost riding any of the "big" slides at Great Wolf Lodge tomorrow night.. (we are taking the boys to an indoor Water park for Halloween)........ I am sick at heart about it all but I know that he needs to learn the lesson the hard way..... the only way he learns anything....... STUBBORN.... ahhhhhhhhh ........

Anyway, my scale is bouncing.... 179-184......... no water and lots of crap........ like Michelle, I do give a lot...... I worry, I think, I dwell, I stress....... and yes ice cream makes it go away for about 30 minutes... me thinks I have some issues!

I hope everyone has a great evening!!!!!!! its Survivor and Grey's Night!

HI all---I am alive and well.....and doing lots today!!! Some for me...kinda, and some for Mom!!! Took Mom to her cardiology appt. today, and the tech got called away so they postponed her for 2 hours. Amazing how much $$ I can spend in an extra 2 hours! Scary!!

Other than that, I spent all day messing around getting ready to go to TX---got the other new tire put on the van, to match the one they ruined and replaced. Then had it serviced, and washed, and fueled it up....and driving home, I stopped at a stop sign, and when I went to go, the engine just revved----it said it was in drive, but was not! So I called Rick, and HE took it back to the place, and I brought the car home. Not sure what the outcome is going to be. Right when we need it to go to TX tho!

Did good on food today----protien for breakfast, scrambled egg and 2 slices of bacon. lunch I had fish and coleslaw.....dinner remains to be decided---was too busy today to plan anything! And I have things to put away! I needed my Violet fix before moving on with my day!!

Awww Tracy, sorry Robby is being so stubborn right now--he sounds JUST like Becky's oldest son Chris. That child pushed me to my limit countless times. The ONLY and I do mean ONLY reason I kept on keeping him was due to our friendship, any other child, I would have requested they find other day care arrangements!!! His problems boiled down to some serious insecurities for some reason---all in his head! But now, he is grown and has turned into a man I am proud I helped shape! Will keep my fingers crossed for you. And just remember it is better for him to learn these lessons on Halloween when he is 6 than on Halloween for mischief sitting in jail at 16! Being a Mom is not always easy (sorry Laura, it is true!!!!)

I HAVE to go get busy-------will check in tonight.

Loves ya!

Kat

Morning

just a quick check in

I hope you are all doing good, i didn't have time to read personals

just can't get out of where i am.......

and my aunt passed away this week...

anyway- hope you all have a good halloween

love ya all

Good Morn, Vi's~~

Look at what my yahoo horoscope is for today:

Why spend all of your energy making other people happy? Today you have to switch your focus and start working harder at making yourself happy! Do at least one nice thing for yourself, today. Cancel a meeting you've been dreading, with no guilt. Take yourself out to dinner at your favorite restaurant. Skip making the bed this morning. Doing something for yourself every once in a while is not only a good idea, it's a smart idea. After all, you need to treat yourself well if you expect others to, too.

Cue the Twilight Zone music!

Don't know how I'll fit that in as today is a day all about kids & fun... Halloween!... but I'm thinking I may splurge on some adult beverages for on the porch for this eve...

Pam... I love, love, love that margi "memo"... I copied it & forwarded it to my margi-loving friends! One of my fav lines is:

WARNING:

The consumption of Margaritas may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

Hmmmm... sounds a lot like the breakfast buffet in Gruene!! FUN MEMORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :teeth_smile:

Thanks for starting my day off w/a smile!!

Make it a good one, Vi's!

Tracy... Sorry to read about Robby... but you're right, until he actually misses out on these fun activities, he doesn't know what he's missing!... I hope he's a quick learner... for his sake & for yours!!

Jen... So sorry to hear about your Aunt.

Good Morning All

Jenn - Good to see you!!! We love you and miss you!

TracyinKS - They say that when you take something away from them it has to 'hurt"! So this actually came at a good time with Halloween and all....he's gonna definitely be feeling the consequences! Hopefully, as hard as it is, it will be worth it. My daughter recently needed to be disciplined and it was difficult to come up with a consequence for her!!..she's lost 4 iPods so currently doesn't have one 'cause we refuse to buy another one! Nor does she have a phone because of the same reason. Halloween was all we had....she had a big party to go to tonight and now she can't. Hopefully she will 'feel' it! Hopefully!

Oh, yeah, I had much success shopping yesterday! My favorite store is Chico's and that's usually my first stop. I was greeted when I walked in and the saleslady tells me that for the 1st time ever they're having a STORE-WIDE sale...20% off everything in the store! They were just putting up the signs when I got there. Can you believe it??? I also had a coupon for $25 off and my Passport membership gave me another 5% off. I bought something like 15 things...many of which were just cami's and turtlenecks, but I got 4 jackets and 3 other tops too....all of which are GORGEOUS. I was very happy and now I'm DONE! I just need to go to Kohl's and get around-the-house stuff.

Hero was ridiculously exhausted last night...we laughed and laughed at him. He had a blast at day care!

Today is jewelry day to the max! I've got orders to fill and now I have all these new clothes to make for! Oy! My little shop is pitifully understocked too. Raise your hand if you think I need to quit my day job! Oh, if only.....!!!!

Wow, Michelle -- if that's not a message from above, I don't know what is!!! DO SOMETHING MEANINGFUL FOR YOURSELF!!!!!!!!

My favorite line in the margies list is

WARNING:

The consumption of Margaritas may cause you to tell your friends over

and over again that you love them.

OMG, this is so me!!!

There's one that's not on this list:

WARNING:

The consumption of margaritas may cause you to believe that calling an ex-lover at 3:00 in the morning is a GOOD idea.

LOL! Reminds me that there was once a phone feature that allowed you to program in numbers that you are NOT allowed to call!....LOL....specifically for that purpose stated above. Isn't that hilarious!?

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Jennifer-so sorry about your aunt! (((hugs))) We love you!

Terry-sounds like you hit the motherload at the store! Don't you just love when you get unexpected bargains?

Jane-TGIF right? Do you have court tomorrow?

Michelle-seriously spooky horoscope! Now, follow the directions!

Tracy-I really thing this will be the turn around for Robby. The things you took away are privelidges so it will really get to him! I have started rewarding Macy for good behavior. I let her know the things she was taking for granted..tv, games, toys are privelidges for when she is being a good girl. Now she knows she gets more by doing whats expected....so far so good anyway. I hope this is the turning point for you.

Judy-big plans for the weekend? When are you gonna get the dancing thingy? I haven't heard of it.

Suzie-you didn't dive into a huge popcorn at the movies did you?

Haydee-what are your plans for the weekend? Any weddings?

Laura-I am with Haydee...I would look for another OB/GYN. I can not stand people that have the "well just do this or just do that attitude".

Kat-when are you coming back from Texas?

Pamela-so are you still enjoying this school year? Gotta be alot better than last year right?

Everyone have a fantastic day. Have loads of fun in whatever you do this weekend and remember to make good choices, try to stay away from the candy!! BOO!

Happy Halloween.

Terri, Haydee and Tracy, I just heard on the news that there was a 2.5 earthquake in Dallas. Did you guys feel it?