Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Laura - get a jar of sliced ones for the roast ....and they're in the same spot where they have olives and such.

:thumbup: I can't see our baby Violet. Damn work!!

Kat - So glad you're happy with your earrings! Makes my day! :)

Oh Terry, I keep meaning to ask you.. I want to commission you for a pair of earrings, but I want them for my mom's b'day (Nov. 15). Would that be enough time??

The other day we were out and she bought some dangly earrings, I forget she likes the indian-ish (turquoise, hammered silver look, etc) stuff.. and she made a point to say how she's not allergic to any metals and can wear anything.. heh heh.. thanks for not passing that along to me :thumbup:

So I thought of you instantly, I want to get her a pair made for her b'day.

Let me know if there's enough time for it, what info you need, and I'll start browsing pics to see if I can show you what I had in mind.

And yes, I know the instructions were simple, but I'm still a natural blonde. You just pour the entire jar, juices and all into the crock pot? Don't add Water?

So far so good, trying hard to keep my intentions good!!!!

1/2 choco milk for b'fast (80c)

cedar planked tilapia & broccoli-cheese Soup for lunch (420c)

Can you explain to me what Pepperocinis are?

Ok, so I'm in the game. I start out with a hot chocolate when I got up. Around 9am I had a bowl of oatmeal. 60 ounces of Water. 3 lifesavers. And than I went to Mr Goodcents for lunch. I got a kids meal of chicken alfredo. I didn't even eat all of it. So I'm at the Doc's office with my sis and she had picked up a menu and I was looking at the calories. A full order of chicken alfredo is over 1200 calories. Great, just when I was thinking I was going to do good today. Hopefully I only got in about 400 calories, since it was just the kids meal. Blasted. I didn't even get a cookie in my kids meal. Just water.

So tonight it's a baked tater for me.

Have a good one.

pepperoncini-pepper.jpg

They come in pizzas at Papa John's, and Olive Garden puts them in the salad.. and some places that have Greek salads, put them on it. I always thought they were gross, but.. something changed :thumbup:

Hope everyone has a great evening. Got things to do before the world series comes on....GO PHILLIES!

Color me very, very SAD! Terry if I send you a check for half again as much as for my earrings, can you make me just one??? I had 2 compliments on them at the eye glasses shop, did a dozen other stops, left Lowes and glanced in the rearview mirror to admire them again myself, and there is only one....somewhere, the first time I wore them, the first day I had them I lost one! I have left messages everywhere I went, but I am just SICK, and I love them soooooo much!!!!!!! Rick said I had them at lunch because he was thinking to himself, he liked me wearing the girlie earrings because 99% of the time I have my diamond studs, or simple gold hoops in---sheer laziness! He said he looked at them and thought that, so he knows I had both then. Which is not a good sign, after that, I hit Walmart, Big R, the feed store and Lowes. Just makes me sooooo upset! I am going to get those little clear plastic like tubes to use as backers on them from now on.

Laura we use the pepperocinis a lot.....always on our subway sandwiches!! Sometimes in a salad, we buy the jar of them already sliced. Going to have to try the roast thing tho--Rick would love it I am sure, he loves peppers of all kinds, especially the hot ones--me I am a wimp!!!

Haydee------I got your birthday card back today---apparantly the PO Box I have for you it says has been closed.....So before the holidays I need a new address!

Suzanne, it would not matter what else was on the menu, if I ate the Pasta or the baked potato...I would not lose an ounce! When I do the white carbs in ANY quantitiy it seems like it seriously affects my weight loss. I could eat equal amounts calorie wise, of anything, and lose weight, but the carbs like that thwart my efforts---and of course I love them!

Tonight, we are having salad....I am having mine with leftover chicken, and Rick is having his with a roast beef (also left over) sandwich. I am not throwing out all this food! He said something light when I ask what he wanted, so salad it is! I am considering a fill, so going to eat all the salad I want til then. Sometimes it takes my stomach a little while to adjust to the fill, and while it does, salad hurts---too much digestion work I guess.

Well I am off to get some things done before Rick gets home---although he will be in to eat, then off to the shop, his insulation was delivered today so he will be working out there tonight watching Monday Night Football I betcha money!!!

BBL~~

Kat ( a really sad, one earringed Kat)

Hi Everyone!

Yes - I was missing for a little while. Sorry....

My dh has been having episodes of sharp stabbing pain in his upper left thigh - deep at the bone like but in front not the back. It started last Tuesday - maybe 1x a day then Friday he had 4 - last at 10:15pm. So we went to emergency room Saturday - spent the day there. No Blood clot - most likely nerve??

Okay - tomorrow I will have to get back on the wagon -- I am scared to get on the scales.

Have a good evening everyone!

Starting tomorrow I am getting back to the strict basic rules of the band. No rice, no Pasta, no bread....ever. It was only back then that I was REALLY losing weight. (and no more carbonated drinks, diet or otherwise). Back to the real thing...no more fun stuff. I am not quite sure what snapped in my head that made me think it was OK. Complacency maybe? Well, I see now where complacency has gotten me. It would be different if I just broke the rules every once in a while but I do not know how to do that. So, in order to do it the right way, I have to get back down to the basic rules. There is no other way than following the rules to a T. Maybe one day I will know how to just barely break a rule...but for now, this is how it has to be. Anyone wanna join me?:thumbup:

Edited by TracyK

Starting tomorrow I am getting back to the strict basic rules of the band. No rice, no Pasta, no bread....ever. It was only back then that I was REALLY losing weight. (and no more carbonated drinks, diet or otherwise). Back to the real thing...no more fun stuff. I am not quite sure what snapped in my head that made me think it was OK. Complacency maybe? Well, I see now where complacency has gotten me. It would be different if I just broke the rules every once in a while but I do not know how to do that. So, in order to do it the right way, I have to get back down to the basic rules. There is no other way than following the rules to a T. Maybe one day I will know how to just barely break a rule...but for now, this is how it has to be. Anyone wanna join me?:blush:

I agree -- me too! :biggrin:

Hello, today ended up being jury selection taking all day! So tomorrow the real thing is supposed to start. My parents are picking me up at 7:30. I am so not an early bird. So I will be up by six, do you hear that I will be up by six!!!!! If I say it enough times will that make it a reality and the six I will jump up?!? Isn't it dark at six?

I did one of those paid research studies on banking tonight, it was supposed to be from 7:30 - 9:30 and I got paid $85!!! It was pretty fun. I learned about the different ways we are using our home equity loans. One guy (there were 7 of us) got a line of credit and is buying stock! He is a cpa so I am assuming he knows what he is doing? Odd. Can't beat the money and it was only about an hour. I think they were hoping for a bunch of whiners with bad experiences, but really only one girl there had a bad experience. I guess at our age I shouldn't refer to her as a girl huh? Anyways, off to do a few piddly things so I can be up at six!!! Why can't I just be one of those people like Suzie that just wakes up early? by the way Suzie, my sister wrote you a thank you note for your donation, so when you get something in the mail that is signed by the Weidmans you know who it is. Thanks again!!!

Jane

ooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeee.. just got in from the hot tub exercises. It's raining out and it's 37 so I didn't stay to relax after I was done. Sure felt good while I was in there though.

I had Ethan from 8-6 today and then went to a Community Chorus rehearsal from 7-9. I'm pooped!! Tomorrow is hospital shift and then nothing til evening when I'm going out with Kris and Nathan and his parents for Nathan's birthday. Bob can't go as he has yet another meeting. So I'll be at a restaurant with nobody to share a meal with. I guess I'll be bringing home a lot of leftovers!

I've been doing great on my eating the last three days. I don't feel hungry in between meals so I know I must be at my sweet spot right now. Hope it continues. I'm not weighing in til Sunday, just like I used to do when I first had the band.

TracyinKS, Haydee, PamELa, where are you????

Jane.. I used to get up at 4:30 a.m. and drove to work in the dark and came home in the dark. I sure don't miss those days. Now I think 7:30 getting up way too early!!

Good luck with the court tomorrow. My prayers are with you!

BASKETBALL starts on Wednesday!!! GOOOOOOOO PISTONS!!! My favorite sport of all time. Can't wait to watch the games.

Everyone have a great evening. sleep well!!

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring! Janie! It's 6:38am (Eastern time, so you've got, what, another 20 mins to snooze?)! This is your wake-up call! Are you up?? Get up! Violets hugs for today!!

Good morning everyone!

This morning is cold and tomorrow is going to be really cold!! It is going to be 38 in the morning here! Bad part is dh is working so we are going to walk to the bus stop and freeze our booties off! Oh well, may as well get used to it. I know if my dad can walk in 3 ft of snow, withno shoes, uphill both ways and fight off the bears at the same time, then just walking to the bus stop won't be too bad. LOL My dad really did tell us those kinds of stories. God, I sure do miss him!

Have a fantastic day today ladies and please make good choices! I am :biggrin: