Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

I love my Violets

Oh yes I do

I love my Violets...;):biggrin:

It will get uglier in the next 2 weeks! I think we all know where we stand. I love and respect you women because of who you are and what you believe...not in spite of it! If we all thought, felt, believed the same...the Violets would be a boring little bunch! Our experiences, demographics, religious beliefs, and geographic locations feed into our ideologies of politics.

Regardless of who wins...you all are my favorite women. Where is the blender???

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

As I said, I'm not trying to start an argument, I just want to get educated...and have someone explain to me how raising taxes, especially on businesses, helps the economy?

I agree, Judy you look wonderful! I love the hair! It is different---looks like layers and layers of blended blondes---it is GREAT! And the necklace is wonderful!!!

I don't want to split our ranks arguing politics either, but will say I will be SOOOOO glad when Nov. 4th is over, then when Jan. 20th is over!! I have been concerning myself with the fact that on the 4th we will be in TX at the ranch--and we have no TV there! No phone there.....nothing! I mentioned it to Rick--so we are getting a motel in town that night!!! And then I will have cell service so can connect with my DD to get local results!

Everyone sitting down? Got your ears covered? Gonna do some yelling here.......I AM NO LONGER CONSIDERED IN REMISSION, I HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE OK TO USE THE "C" WORD.....I AM CURED!

No new signs of cancer, no change in existing tumors, showing no activity. Mamogram was normal. All my scans were normal. My CA-125 was normal. The rest of my blood work was normal--with the exception that my good cholesterol was too low.

I have laughed, cried, and everything in between. Still have to do yearly checks, my Dr. prefers that....and since I do have 2 remaining tumors, they have to be monitored, but they are dormant now.

We went and hauled 3 cords of wood yesterday morning. I cannot tell you how sore I am this morning!! Anyway, the message was on my phone when I come home "Kat, this is Jen at Dr. Z's, call me and I will give you the good news" She said that is more than she is really supposed to say, but she had to let me know it was ok, and not scare the crap out of me!

So we celebrated! Then had our last game last night, we officially are next to last in the tourney! Before the tournament, we had to go to dinner with our DIL and her parents--as well as Ricks ex and her husband!! She was fairly normal---she had a salad, and literally inspected EVERY bite and got a plate to put the rejected ones on....never did figure out what caused them to be rejected!! LOL

This morning, Rick is driving a semi in a funeral procession for one of the guys at work, that wanted the company represented....not something he wanted to do, but did it for his friend. 2 of his buddies offered to go with him. The guys at work segregate themselves soooooo bad! This was a family member of one of the Navajos that died. Rick had gone out of his way to save this boys job (he is the one who lied about his Dad dying, and Rick sent him to rehab). Rick and the other manager took food out, well the other manager is Navajo too. Rick was the only white guy there....and only the employee and his family would speak to Rick, he was shunned by all of the others there. Then today, making the showing for the company at the funeral---there will be him, and another white and a black guy---but every day he deals with the Indians saying they are not treated with respect---yet when not just 1 but 2 of their co workers are affected by this accident, not a one of them shows up.

2 of his employees sisters were traveling together back to the reservation in Arizona, and the driver fell asleep, killing her daughter in the back seat, and her friend in the front seat, and causing a double leg amputation on her son in the back seat. The company, only recognizes the death of the sister, would not approve time off for the other guy to deal with all the injuries to his sister and nephew or the death of his niece. So the shop took up a collection so he could afford to take some time off to go to AZ for the funeral, and spend a couple days with his family too. Sad time for them all.

Well time to change the laundry. The fun never ends here!!!

BBL---have a fun weekend everyone. Taking Kinsey and Connor to the pumpkin patch Saturday....yay!!! They take a horse drawn hay ride to the patch, get to pick their pumpkins, and have a carnival of games when they get back---get their faces painted etc. Will be fun!

Talk soon!

Kat

Kat~OMG that is wonderful news!!! Purple power, prayers, and positive energy!!! I love it...and love you!

If you want, call me on the 4th (or text) I'll keep you posted!

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh, Kat! You scared the crap outta me when you said you were not in remission and could use the "C" word... I thought you were going to say cancer and that would not have been a good thing... but CURED, now THERE'S cause to CELEBRATE!! I'm soooooooo happy for you!!!

Just got back from lunch with Kris and going out shopping. We found a resale store that had new maternity clothes..the store owner buys lots of clothes on ebay and the sells them. Kris got a really cute top and some cords. I got some shirts and a sweater for Ethan and a couple of dresses for Amelia.. it all added up to under $20 for me. Can't beat that!! Oh.. and Kris told me that she wants me in the delivery room with her!!!! She needs someone to take pictures. I hope I don't faint!

Haydee.. I love my necklace. It's so appropriate for this time of year here.

Terry.. you'll have to design one with LOTS of snowflakes on it for me for this winter.

Back to cleaning the house. I took a break to be with Kris for a couple of hours.

BBL.........

Same here, you had me worried Kat!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a drink tonight on me ;)

Terry- I agree 100%. But that's where I think you & I are the only republicans in the V group..

What can we all agree on? WE ALL LOVE EACH OTHER <3

Hi everyone!

YEAH KAT!! :party:That is the best news I have heard in a long time!

DD just left and dh is asleep cause he goes to work in a couple of hours so it is very quiet here.

Terry-sorry that you are in a funk. We all feel the same. We will all continue to feel it for a very very long time unfortunately. It is what it is and we have no choice but to live with it. We are in the result of years and years of bad choices (no party mentioned) and sadly will have to face years and years more. We will just have to take the lemons and make lemonade (or limes and make margaritas).;)

Have a great evening everyone!

PS Judy....You look fantastic!!

Oh today is the first time a complete stranger asked if I was pregnant. There's some odd stuff to the situation, and the funny part is-- it was due to the lap-band that I was having issues, not pregnancy.. so for this long when I have PB incidents, no one says a word, till today, when I actually AM pregnant. Funny!

I got a Soup and Pasta, we (Russ and I) went to lunch with my dad and 2 of his friends. They ordered breadsticks appetizer. I ate 2.. weren't getting stuck, so I had one more. Little did I know, they were getting stuck. When soup came, one tiny bite and I hurt so bad.. It needed to come up! So I go to the bathroom, spit as much as I could out, but still felt stuck and hurting. Came back, played with my soup but didn't eat anymore. Asked for a to-go cup. She brought my pasta, I asked for a to-go box.. she goes 'Why aren't you eating?'.. never had someone ask that, I've had them ask if it was bad or not, but not 'why'...so I said 'ah.. uh.. uhm.. Just..cause??' And she goes "Are you pregnant?".. wow, what if the 5 guys at my table didn't know? Hah hah.. so I just said "actually, yeah" heh.

So now I keep looking at myself trying to figure out what gave it away. Not showing, but I am wearing maternity, but not maternity you would know it's maternity--the shirt is just longer. I ended up PBing 3x before we left, and it still is stuck. My band is so weird these days. It's always a surprise how open or tight I am.

Sorry for the scare girls....but nope my word is better....WAAAAAY better!! 5 years with no recurrance! 5 years and a month actually, but who's counting!!!

Judy there is a shop in ABQ like the one you went to, this is called The Other Mother....and I buy there for the kids all the time! I bought Kinsey a winter set last time, a super soft coat, light pink (of course) withsilver snowflakes stitched all over it, lined in fleece, it had the matching bib style snow pants, and mittens. It was brand new, still had the Sears tags---marked $64.99. I bought it for $19.99. It is amazing how many brand new items they sell. We bought a changing table/dresser, made of cherry wood, but with the dark espresso finish One side has 4 drawers and the other side has 3 drawers so is lower in overall height. The changing table mattress fits right on it. But we figure in future years, toys or even later a TV--whatever could sit on the low side. It is a really nice solid wood, tongue and groove piece of furniture----but it was missing a leg! It had short little plain legs-and one had broke off when they unloaded it, so she sold it to us for $49.00. I went to Lowes and bought round ball feet, stained them the other night, and Rick is going to put them on this weekend, and we are going to go ahead and take it over to Abbey. It matches her crib they bought. I was so excited I bought it and then freaked out about how we were going to get it home!!! We ended up removing the seats in the van, sliding it in, and stashing seats all around it! Lucky for us we had taken the van and not the car!

We almost always take the van--it is comfy, is almost as loaded as my car (no heated seats tho!!!) and since it was a freebie, we pack the miles on it rather than the car!

Just finished making a cake, Kinsey actually did most of the work, since it is a birthday cake for her Daddy. Got to go dig out his card and get it ready for her to take to him, we will go to dinner this weekend some time. They are going with his Mom tonight---and there are times she makes Ricks ex look extremely normal. She actually got pissed in Chilis one night and began throwing food. I would not go with them for no amount of money!!! Ok for the right amount I might!!! LOL

Will check in later......hugs to you all and thanks for all the celebrating with me, you have no idea. I tear up thinking about making my 5 years!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Kat

Oh my gosh KAT, YAY YAY YAY!!! That's wonderful news!! Giant great big hug to you today!

Love ya girls, I'm leaving for the weekend... Be good! Bye!

Celebrate Good Times, Come on.

We're gonna have a good time tonight, Let's Celebrate.< /span>

Way to go Kat.

Yeah Kat!!!!!

Hang in there Suzanne and Tracyks!!!!!!!

Good Picture of necklace and hair Judy!!

Terry and Laura I am 75% republican, still am not sure though who I am voting for. My issue is my insurance. So that makes me vote for Obama, but everything else is screaming McCain. Since I am self employed, I already get to write off all my premiums, I need a choice and lower premiums. For me the most important issue is my insurance, but do I want to vote just for that? Everytime I decide for Obama I get swayed very easy on everything else.

Enjoy your weekend Haydee!!

Are you staying away from bad food Tracyk?

Have a great time Pamela at Tina Turner!!!

Hi Gina, Denise, HH, Jennifer and baby violet!!!

Kat! I'm so happy!!!! What a wonderful day to celebrate!! You should be getting your earrings tomorrow if you didn't get them today! Wear them in good health! :-)