Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Hello anyone home?????

Oh where oh where did the violets go

oh where oh where can they be

if i was more awake i could think

of a way to write this song

Have a good day!!!

Good morning everyone!

Macy is going to moms & sisters this weeend so I have a ME weekend! Nothing special planned really, just peace & quiet.

Wherever you go and whatever you do this weekend, be careful, have fun and make healthy choices!

(((hugs)))

It's Friday.

Sorry I haven't been around. I'm dealing with a little crisis with my Sister. Everything will turn out ok, just very stressfull right now.

I did manage to make some homemade chicken noodle Soup yesterday. I did real good on my eating till dinner last night. The soup was so good I had two bowls.

Today I have to work for several hours than I'm going to see if the little girl nextdoor wants to go to the local Haunted House. It's not one of those big scary ones. This is a little tamer. The only other thing I have planned for the weekend is Sunday. Hubby and I will be working at the "Worker House". It's a place where we go and help fix dinner and than serve the homeless people. We do this about 2 times a year and absolutely enjoy it. I like when the little kids come thru. I always sneak them some extra dessert.

Everyone have a great weekend. Hugs to everyone.

Lost my damn post!

Anywho, TGIF!!! Have a great weekend V's! I'll try to pop in from Phoenix, but FIL has dial up (when it works) so it is a crap shoot!

Terry~Check is in the mail! Can't wait!

Love ya...I'll check in from work!

Wow… I cannot believe how much doom and gloom there is around my office here. The markets really suck and there isn’t ANY light at the end of the tunnel. It’s not just the oil business they’re talking about – it’s ALL business and ALL investments – just coming to a screeching halt. When you think about the implications, it’s pretty darn scary. I heard this morning that the 700 billion only scratches the surface…that now they’re saying the number is more like 2.3 TRILLION. You may be enjoying the lower price for gas right now, but I don’t think it will last and the price of everything else will just keep going up and up. In just a few months rigs will stop working, Saudis will cut production and the costs will go way up. People will start losing jobs. Guaranteed. The market delayed trading this morning because the sell-off was so severe. Better start socking away your pennies.

It is naive thinking to say this is the fault of our president and that all we need is a "change". This has very little to do with George Bush. More government control and more taxes on business will make this situation sooooooooo much worse and make it last soooooooo much longer unless we just allow the free markets to correct themselves by stimulating through REDUCED regulations and REDUCED taxes. If I have the intelligence to figure this out, I just don't understand why the majority of Americans can't. It is a very scary time.

I'm sorry.....I just had to say it.

I'm not trying to start any arguments so I won't respond further, but I promise that I will read what any of you have to say to convince me otherwise. I wish somebody could make me understand why the hell the liberals are in the lead. I seriously just don't get it.

Ok, I"m ready for both barrells now.....

You know I was asking myself the same question 4 years ago when we found out George Bush was gonna get elected again. 4 more years of bullshit. Sigh...

Regardless of the outcome it's still going to be hard to get back on track after this. I find it really hard to believe that this mess will get fixed in 4 or even 8 years, regardless of the party in the White House. The only thing I know for sure is that if Obama is elected he'll get crucified for not being able to fix it and if McCain gets elected they'll just say that it was a big mess and he did the best he could...

Bottom line, I don't mix friends and politics. I'm not gonna get into it with the republicans because we just don't share the same points of view on all the issues.

My family is half and half so I practise this in my home too!

I have NOTHINGGGGGGG scheduled this weekend!! NO weddings, no showings, nada! I'm so happy that I'm finally gonna be able to just relax and be at home. The only thing I'm planning on doing is spending some time with my hunny bunny. We're thinking of going dancing Saturday night and on Sunday we are going to the pumpkin patch. I'm gonna get a few for carving and some to cook with...

Laura - my mom makes a really good pumpkin Soup. I'm gonna get the recipe from her. It takes good when it's barely made and good once it sits for awhile too. We always stir some creme fraiche (sp?) into it and it's sooo yummy.

Tonight is finally then end of my extensive birthday celebration... My dad got back last night and he's taking me out for a nice dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. Can't wait to see him, I've missed him so much!

I meant to ask ya'll - how is it that I imbed a picture into my message? I know how to attach it but I see some of ya'll the picture is in the message and I don't have to click on it to see it. How do I do that?

Good Morning........... yesterday was a day......

Robby is still at it....... He told me yesterday morning that he only had to get written up ONE MORE time and he would be OUT of Horizons (the before/after school) care............ we talked about him making good choices... etc... and by 9a he had gotten himself written up. The problem is that the am site director is done with him, and only after drilling her for details did I find out that he hit her, kicked at parents, and hid under a table........... (so probing for details she admitted that he wasn't being mean, he thought he was being funny)

When I had Robby show me how he touched her he tapped her arm (like when you are trying to get attention) The parents he kicked at he was actually trying to block the door (being funny wanting a password) but the point is she is done, the problem is that sending him home would prove that he won and that this little 5 year old is in control of all these adults. I can not seem to get this point across.

Anyway, once again I was up at the school talking my head off, bargaining, planning, participating in his educational plan. Also, I had a Chiro apt and my mamogram. I also went shopping and bought a couple 18 hour bra's.............

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning, Violets..

Just got back from taking my son to the dentist to have some wisdom teeth pulled. Didn't know if he could drive home by himself so Mommy went with him. (he's 30 years old, mind you!!) He's going to keep Ethan today so I can get some serious house cleaning done.

Not going to discuss politics in here. It can't be done without stirring up a big pot so I will just zzzzzzipppppppp it up. Right, PamELa??? :wink_smile:

Here's a pic of my new necklace and my new (though it isn't that much different) hair.< /span>

Going to go start the house cleaning. Everyone have a great day!!

post-215048-13813137789333_thumb.jpg

Judy you look fantastic!!!

Haydee, I'd love the recipe if you find it. I looked online for ways to spruce up the base she gave me, but I like pumpkin and I'd like a good recipe for it. The one she gave me was really lacking. After sitting it was better, but it still wasn't enough to make me want to make it again.

Also, go read this article. All the Bush nay-sayers, he may not have done everything you wanted him to during his presidency, but this market crashing? Clinton's doing.

Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending - New York Times

Article date.. Sept. 1999.

In a move that could help increase home ownership rates among minorities and low-income consumers, the Fannie Mae Corporation is easing the credit requirements on loans that it will purchase from banks and other lenders.

The action, which will begin as a pilot program involving 24 banks in 15 markets -- including the New York metropolitan region -- will encourage those banks to extend home mortgages to individuals whose credit is generally not good enough to qualify for conventional loans. Fannie Mae officials say they hope to make it a nationwide program by next spring.

Fannie Mae, the nation's biggest underwriter of home mortgages, has been under increasing pressure from the Clinton Administration to expand mortgage loans among low and moderate income people and felt pressure from stock holders to maintain its phenomenal growth in profits.

So glad it is Friday, it's COLD & rainy today. I am going to dinner with my buddy tonight.. I had a dream about it, we ended up at some movie shoot and he was with all his friends and I was in stiletto knee-high boots and 'ice skating' all over the place.. weee.

Edited by FairyFacade

Judy! hair looks awesome, like always. I'm going to be your necklace twin. Just got mine in the mail a couple of days ago... I'm gonna wear mine on Thanksgiving. I'll be getting lots and lots of compliments!

TracyKS - Robby is so darn smart! I wish there was other resources available to him because I'm pretty sure that he's just not getting stimulated enough. My little sister Erika was a "problem" child in elementary school also. She was finally put into like a gifted program with music and arts and stuff and she was able to put all her energy into that and she just blossomed. Was in honors and AP classes for the rest of her school career. Best of luck to you Tracy. Love ya!

Laura - I'll get the recipe from her this weekend and also remind her that she hasn't made it for us this season yet. Well, it's only been cold for about two days now so I'll give her that, LOL...

Thanks for the article but that's been known. I could go on and on how Bush contributed his share to this mess but not wanting to get into it on here. Just will never understand why people keep defending him...

Anyway, that's the last i'll say of that. It's Friday, the sun is shining and it's a little bit chilly. This is absolutely my most favorite time of the year and there's always an extra bounce in my step during this season.

I'm off to have an early lunch with my girlfriend... be back later girlies!