Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good morning violets-

DH is back to work today so I will have the house to myself again. It is gonna br BURRRRR cold in the morning (high of 66) with rain at that so I am not looking forward to it. The real cold is gonna be Friday morning at 47. (yes Judy, that is COLD for us). Since I do not have as much insulation (fat) as I used to I get cold easily. Kinda feel like shaking like a chihuahua (sp?). DD still does not have any pants to wear since they are not hemmed yet so poor thing is just gonna have to suck it up for a morning or 2. The weekend looks beautiful with the high being 79. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Michelle-what have you been up to?

Laura-congrats on the no-smoking. I am very proud of you!

Judy-we wanna see pics of your hair.

Terry-hero smiles :smile: How sweet...I love him.

Jenn-is the kitchen finished?

TracyinKS-are you all done with the open enrollment at work? That HAS to suck! Any Ice cream lately? :grouphug:

Haydee-how was the food yesterday? Sounded yummy!

Jane-you don't sound crazy to me....but that is from one crazy to another :pray2:

Pamela-do you have to get a new fridge? What was that outcome?

Kat-what is Kinsey gonna be for halloween? Macy is going to be sleeping beauty.

HH-best of luck on your fill. Hope it is just what you need to get you back on track!

OK, gotta get off here and make macys Breakfast.< /span>

Here ya go...... we really enjoyed it.

Italian Sausage Soup - Allrecipes

Italian Sausage Soup

Submitted by: SALLYJUN

Rated: 5 out of 5 by 756 members

Prep Time: 10 Minutes

Cook Time: 40 Minutes

Ready In: 50 Minutes

Yields: 4-6 servings

"This soup is easy to put together, and the flavor of the spicy sausage is balanced nicely by Great Northern Beans, zucchini, fresh spinach, and carrots. Makes a delicious winter supper."

INGREDIENTS:

1 pound Italian sausage (I used 'hot' sausage)

1 clove garlic, minced

2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth

1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes

1 cup sliced carrots

1 (14.5 ounce) can great Northern beans, undrained

2 small zucchini, cubed

2 cups spinach - packed, rinsed and torn

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

1/4 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS:

1.In a stockpot or Dutch oven, brown sausage with garlic. Stir in broth, tomatoes and carrots, and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.

2.Stir in beans with liquid and zucchini. Cover, and simmer another 15 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.

3.Remove from heat, and add spinach. Replace lid allowing the heat from the soup to cook the spinach leaves. Soup is ready to serve after 5 minutes.

Good Morning........ I have not had ice cream but I DID have cheesecake yesterday! chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough. (I suck) :) I also had two pc's of cin raisen toast yesterday! DAMN IT no PB!

Laura: WAY TO GO!!!!!!!

PAM: How ARE YOU DOING? I loved the pics of suzanne's eye! poor baby.

HH: I gain and lose 5 pounds within a week! So I don't really think you did that bad, but I am with you.. I need to get back to the basics of the band.

It is rainy and chilly here today, so this morning I browned some stew beef cubes and put it in the crockers with potatoes, onions, carrots, broth and Water, (and seasoning) PERFECT FOR A DAY LIKE TODAY!

Here is hoping Robby makes good choices today! He asked me yesterday why he had to go to THAT school? Why couldn't he just go to ANOTHER school! (this is my little control freak trying to control WHERE he goes to school) I went through a long speech, about it was our neighborhood school, and he would be going there through 5th grade, and at the end he just let out a big sigh while looking out the truck window and said "OK" He then fell asleep at 5:30P and slept all night!

OK.. have a great day.. I'll check back later.

Hey Ladies~

TracyKS & TracyK~ Doing ok here. The fridge needed a new motor and because I called the "wrong" company, I am only reimbursed parts. Which turned into an expensive lesson. Been swamped this week. Walden term is ending Sunday and new one starts Monday...OH AND I AM GOING TO PHOENIX THIS WEEKEND! And my diss professor is waiting for my corrections...AAAAHHHH!

We are going to see Tina Turner in Phoenix! Should be fun. Then a weekend of great German food...then home Sunday for homework, shopping and then Susanne has a game at 3! Gonna be a quick weekend. But next week is "spirit week" so it will fly by w/ all the hoopla.

Have a great day!

Good morning!! Cold day here, but no rain, I thought by sure the way Tracyks talked we would have it, I guess it is that Taganotchi thing!

Busy day today, hate it when I have to be at work at 10:00, I know you are all jealous!!! But at 8:00 p.m. when I am still at work.....

Hugs to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saw that too Jane, thought that was cute!

Terry - Hero looks too cute!! Can't wait to meet him!

TracyKS - Toast always goes down easy for me. As long as it's really really toasted, no problem!

Pam - Have you ever been to Phoenix? Heard it's beutiful there. Are ya'll driving or flying?

Judy - Brrrr... it's already super cold where you're at. Oh wait, never mind. That's not super cold to you!

That sausage Soup sounds so good and it sounds super easy! I was planning on making a lentil sausage soup tonight but might leave that one for the weekend...

TracyK - food was awesome yesterday. We all tore into it like we hadn't eaten in days. You should have seen us, the conference room full of people and not a peep was heard for a good ten minutes. Everyone was just chowing down... I was taking huge bites like always so I would sit there chew chew chewing until it all went down. I have a really bad habit of doing that. I catch myself doing it all the time...

Got my new phone yesterday! That was my birthday present from Juan. I played with it all last night and decided that it was much too much phone for me. I think I'm going to exchange it for something else....

off to get my coffee...

oh Terry - those mice are just toooooo cute!

Is my avatar a different color when I am offline? I am going right now to get ready for work, let me know if it is still green in a bit! I am intrigued!! Is it a sign or something, or a miracle?????? Maybe it means my fill appointment Friday won't be so bad!!!

Good Morning........ I have not had ice cream but I DID have cheesecake yesterday! Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough. (I suck) :cool2: I also had two pc's of cin raisen toast yesterday! DAMN IT no PB!

:thumbup: have you loss your rabbit-assed mind? :mellow: What was it...let me act like TracyK day? :)

Edited by TracyK

Jane, you are too funny. It's the Tongacrap split.

Actually it's the Tonganoxie split.

PS, you look good in any color.

Good Morning!

Is pretty chilly here too---low 30's, we have a fire going. Have not even finished getting our wood for winter, and we are burning it already! Usually by August we are ready---some wierd year we had----we did not take our usual mini weekends away, we feel like we missed summer!

TracyK, Kinsey is going to be Ariel.....she began as just a mermaid, then she made the decision to be Ariel, so she has the floofy red wig and all, she looks so funny with all that RED hair!!!

Connor is going to be a biker. In a bag of clothes that she had received as hand me downsm she found these little jeans that are tight at the ankle----look like mini James Dean pants!!! And Rick and I bought him a little leather biker jacket when he was a newborn, and it fits him now!!! Did NOT fit at 5 pounds!!! And he has some goggles that he likes to be cool like Dad and just wear on top of his head!! We have a kids helmet, but he will not go anywhere near it! Anyway she bought him some little black leather square toed boots, to replace his CarHart boots he wore with everything all summer long! He is showing tendencies to like western things, he pulls his cowboy boots, and western shirts and hat out of the closet himself--but DIL cannot stand it! So she bought him biker boots rather than cowboy boots. She bought him skater tenny shoes, he can hardly walk in, they are so flat and wide and clunky. She is the same way if someone says he looks like his Dad, she is insistant he looks like her brother and no one on his Dads side. Silly!

Trying to think of what I could make him a treat bag to look like that would go with his "costume". Maybe I should just make it a standard square bag but use material that has motorcycles all over it. I am making Kinseys, just square, with fabric with Flounder all over it....and the bubbles from the Water glow in the dark---wooohooo!!!

Talking about my DIL, her parents are going to be in town today---which is good, her Mom is really nice, but they want us ALL to go to dinner. Which means Rick gets to deal with his ex wife, not only on the first for the DD's baby shower, but this weekend as well. It is always nerve wracking with her, as she is so off balance you never know what to expect from her. Whether she will be "normal" or all pissy at us, or act like a religious zealot in the restaurant, and pray loudly over her food....and yours! And she is liable to change from one mood to another when you least expect it....she can be praying, and asking (ordering) you to pray with her, then begin cussing like a sailor. Just hope she is letting the prescribed drugs do their thing, and leaving the self medicating stuff alone! Everyone is so uptight worrying about it, no one has a good time. Feel so bad for the kids.

Not sure yet what the day holds for us yet. Kinsey just woke up and thinks she would like some waffles....of course! She couldn't wake up wanting something good for Granny!! I will NOT have a waffle!

See y'all later!

Kat

The ringworm? It is ringworm, he says.. he gave me ointments to put on it. Nothing else to say about it hehe.. and my arm is bruised from the flu shot! :)

Having 4oz milk, applesauce, and a cheese snack for b'fast.

The pumpkin bisque was really interesting. My friend can't add spices and like I said, she uses coconut oil/milk.. well, as I cooked (and tasted) it was so completely bland with the spices she said to use. So I added garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt & pepper, and some extra red pepper flakes. Was still pretty blah. By time I finished cooking it, I wasn't impressed. Had a small bowl just to give it a try, and it kind of grew on me, but I don't plan on making it again. But I covered it and left it on the stove for a few hours. Went back to put it in the fridge--took a bite. It was really good! It's like the flavor just took a few hours to release??? Was very bizarre.

I wrote down that recipe too Terry, I love soups! I don't like Soups with potatoes in them ..blech. My granny made some Soup with keilbasa & corn chowder base.. it was awesome. I keep meaning to get that recipe too.

I ended up FFWDing through the first hour of Brokeback Mountain. The 2nd hour was a pretty good movie, that was sad. The first hour though, jeez.. hardly any dialogue. 2 hicks on a mountain, herd sheep, don't like Beans, 'love' each other, repeat..for an HOUR.

"Herd sheep, don't like beans..." ha ha ha.... for some reason that line just cracked me up!

Yesterday I went to the doctor's office in the morning and there was this lady sitting in there with me in the waiting room talking on her cell phone. She was talking so loud! And it was all gossip, so I was hangin on to every word, LOL. She kept talking about this "devil" woman who was out to get her. Very interesting, LOL. Then she noticed I was listening so I think she embelished the story even more! Too funny...

Went to my OBGYN for my well woman exam yesterday and she said I was doing so good! That all my numbers were good and that I just needed to get back on track as far as my weight loss goes. I wish it was as easy as just saying, "okay, lets get back on track!"...