Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Just checking in! Had a great time with Sofi. Then Manda and her little sister and Kinsey stayed and watched the debate with me, Rick had to work late---of course. So now he is watching the replay of it....I have been reading, but forced myself to put my book away or I will be up reading til it is done!! I am TERRIBLE that way!!!

Eating today was not something I need to share, it was BAD! All I can say is tomorrow is a new day, and I WILL do better....I am promising myself that!

I am off to lay in bed and narrate the debate for Rick....in case he misses something!!! LOL

See y'all tomorrow!

Kat

Hi everybody~

Down another pound this morning...I love wooshes, haven't had one of those in a long long long time. I do not want it to end. I know that it will end but hopefully not in the next few days. I wanna get a little closer to onederland before it stops.

Today seems like Friday to me. I hate when that happens. DH is at work and I am gonna get dd up soon for school. Today is picture day at her school. Her first school pics! Awww, makes me mushy! They are so expensive so I am just gonna get a few then take her somewhere at next month like Sears for her Christmas pics.

Macys teacher is starting to work my nerves. I don't think she knows who she is dealing with and I really do not want to have to let her find out the hard way. When we correspond back & forth in her folder for example, I will ask her a question and she always starts out with "i told you last week but...." or "I sent you one last week but...". Ummmm, I am not her student, nor to I have alzheimers. I know she is probably stressed but there is a way to speak to someone and a way NOT to. It falls under the "treat people the way you want to be treated" rule. I have cut her some slack and she needs to be careful...I am teetering on the brink of getting way pissed. I have not said anything because I do not want to make things hard on Macy in case she is the type that would take her anger for me out on my child, ya know? I want to have a good relationship with her but she is making it difficult. OK, I have vented, now I can go another couple of months overlooking her attitude (I hope). :thumbup:

Have a great day everyone! Make good choices so you'll have no regrets :D

Good morning! I bounced back down to the 170's today!

Tracy: Maybe next picture go round you could volunteer to help at Macy's school and get the pics FREE like I did.

Robby had a melt down at school yesterday.. SERIOUS meltdown... He was put into a MANDT hold or something. He hit, he spit, he kicked, he tried to head butt........ but when it comes to the acedemics, he scores 5 out of 5 on reading tests ...... Needless to say, I ate an entire bag of popcorn With 1/2 stick of butter.... I'm really hoping that yesterday was the bottom for him, as we all know that he is pushing boundries. Parent/Teacher conferences are tomorrow and Charles is planning to go with me. I have to wonder if I should of kept him out for another year.. as he barely made the age cut off... but his size is that of a 7 year old and with SHREK's DNA, and mine, he is going to be a big kid. I have really worked on his sugar intake and making sure that he is not FAT, His Bio dad was always the big fat kid and the two half siblings that I know are both very obese as 11 &12 year olds. The people in that side of the family, are ALL VERY SUPRISED that Robby is not fat.. yes he's a big kid, thick and solid, but not bloated looking........ I'm also very aware that Robby could of inherited other DNA characteristics, which is why I'm ON IT now.. nipping it in the bud, giving him the tools he needs to control his emotions...... AHHH you can tell I am stressed...........but he is in the right class. I know that.

OK.............. enough of the kid drama............ I hatched a plan yesterday (a plan in my head) I am going to work on getting my insurance to pay SOME portion of my surgery. I DO have the coverage IF medically necessary....

One of the things that the doc mentioned to me was on my breasts I would need a slight reduction and then a lift....... And my back has been hurting every night for MONTHS.. to the point that I've been wearing two bra's during the day for extra support.......

SO I am going to the Chiropractor today and get documentation that my back is out of whack, headaches, neck aches, due to the amount of breast tissue pulling at me.... IF I can get my insurance to pay at least part of it, I can then put the rest on my FLEX card (because it would be deemed medically necessary) While I'm at it.. I'm going to get the doc to document ALL my loose skin, arms, stomach, etc... and say what the hell.. submit it and see what comes back. IF I can get the reduction covered it would just then be the charge for the TT , since facility, anestheisa and those combo things would be charged off. (it is a long shot) but with the economy and the credit providers closing up, its pretty much my only shot........... if anything it has given me a shot of hope...... and if it doesn't work, then I can at least get a quote and know what to shoot for.

Everyone have a great day!

Good Morning, Super Uber busy day for me.

I'll check in later. Have a great day.

Hey Violets!

Hope everything is going well for you and yours.

My Dr. dismissed me at the 1 year mark and set up my next appt. for 6 months later. My 18 mo.. mark will be next Tuesday.

Anyone check in at the 18 month mark and what was your outcome?

I have struggled with the same 5 pounds since April. No more loss. I feel wonderful but still not in wonderland.

I can't seem to break that yo yo with those pounds and get back into that wonderful loosing mode where it was just easy.

I know I pick...can't eat a lot at a sitting unless I haven't eaten much during the day. But if I've pb'ed I'm hungry and just eat a little here and there. I've journaled but can't get a number since I do pb..soooo I don't know how many calories I really take in.

I haven't broken myself of the eating too fast and not chewing well enough.

So...what has been your story..18 months out???

Great Success to all!

Morning...

Tracy, it doesn't matter that she "told you last week" or yesterday for that matter...that bitch is rude. That comment (s) is not necessary and is very CONDESCENDING. You can start to "make it fun" with/at her. Start each question with, "I know you told me last week, but...". That'll piss her off and take away some of her percieved "power trip". You are right, you don't want it to effect Macy and you got a long year ahead of you. Might as well make yourself entertained in the meantime. Also, I would "casually" mention how two of your very best friends are teachers(me and Judy). If it keeps on...and you are pissed...go to her principal and don't have words w/ her. It wont help, and it is better to get her in trouble. :D:biggrin:

OK...bbl. It is conference day so I have time today to pop on!

xoxoox

Pamela-I am so glad that you thought she was being rude too. I was hoping it wasn't just my imagination. Here is the most recent full story....Tuesday she sent a flyer hom saying that Thursday is picture day and the flyer said to "remember to prepay in the envelope provided". I sent the flyer back with a note that said, "what envelope?" The next day (yesterday) she sends me the envelope (which I had NEVER seen before til then) with a note in her notebook saying "I sent you one last week in her homework folder, but here is another one" --------->

And SHE ACTUALLY DREW AN ARROW pointing to the envelope!!!!!! omg...talk about piss me off.

That is a great idea you had to start my sentences with...I know you did this already but...however what I REALLY wanna say is "I know you told me this already but since I am such a DUMBASS could you please tell me again". LOL

So...what has been your story..18 months out???

Great Success to all!

Wow, I can sum my last 18 months easy for ya...lost down to 173, quit smoking march 15th, regained 40, and have lost 10 of the 40.:D (ballpark figures but you get the idea)

TracyinKS-way to go for getting back to the 170s. I sure hope that your plan for your PS works out! I have a plan too but I am keeping it to myself because when I verbalize it I will get jinxed. But I can say it has something to do with the summer of '09. :D

Sorry about your ds meltdown yesterday. DH and I have the fat gene too and I really have to be careful with macy. If I had not controlled it like I have she would be on the Maury show about severely obese kids. She loves to eat. Hopefully by us teaching them young it will help them make better choices when they grow up.

Good morning.

CONGRATS TRACYK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs on having to deal with the b/s to both Tracys from school!! That sucks on both accounts!!!

HH, I have gained weight since April, a little over 30 pounds. Am trying to take it off slowly, but sugar seems to be a constant in my life these days regardless of how hard I try!!

Well last night was the last debate, so we are getting close!! YAY!! I can't wait til this is over!!!!

Another busy day here, too...

My 18-month story (well, 17-month story, 18 will be next month)... lost 86 in less than a year... have been bouncing the same 5 lbs up & down since May... UGH!!

Tonight is the orientation at my docs'... haven't been there since June I think... I'll chit chat w/them & see what they advise...

Make it a great one, Vi's!

HH - I lost about 35# in the first 7 months and since then (since I quit exercising!), I've been between 180-183...no matter WHAT I eat or don't eat!!! :D

Good Morning, Violets...

Just got on the internet and it's really slow so can't read the posts. I'd be bankrupt if I did!! On Tuesday the captain turned the ship around because of Hurricane Omar. Instead of going to St. Thomas and St. Maarten, we ended up going to Grand Cayman and Cozumel, both of which we have been to several times...sooooo the Bobster and I are staying on the nearly empty ship and soaking up some sun by the pool and enjoying the heck out of just relaxing. It's been a GREAT trip so far. Tomorrow we'll get off at Cozumel and just poke around the shops and then get back onboard. Terry.. I wore your..errr MY necklace and it went so well with my outfit, can't wait to show it off at home.

I'll catch up on posts on Monday. Hope everyone had a good week. See you soon!!!

LOL Tracy, I would write something like that...

HH- In 18 months.. I lost 121lbs, stopped having crippling back pain for the most part, got pregnant, (recently) stopped smoking, and gained 10lbs back.