Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Morning everyone!

It is still morning here! I don't have tons of time, I am heading in to meet Rick for lunch---like I need that! It snowed here again, so Manda is working from home, and Kinsey is with her, so I might go try on some swimming suits at the mall today. Rick wants to take Kinsey swimming Wed. or Thursday, and I am not 100% sure of the suit I bought at Target, so going to look a bit. I wish I was more sure of size, I found one I liked on line!

The explosion was from a gas line. An elderly woman apparantly---was sitting in her LR, and saw flames coming out from under her wall furnace---so she took off outside, got into her front yard, and half her house exploded. The high flames I saw were coming from the gas line running down the alley. They are lucky they did not blow up half the neighborhood!!! IT did not apparantly hurt her badly---I haven't heard more, this all come from Lindzie's bus stop people! When Manda works from home, she drives Lindzie down to catch her usual bus, so as not to confuse her. Well the bus stop is in the exploded houses front yard! So they had them on the corner, and several parents were there. Can you imagine if it had been at a different time, there are 8 kids at that stop---what a tragedy it could have been.

Denise I thought about you and your DD all evening. I kept thinking "I should have told her this or that...." I would seriously call around and find out about shelters for abused women--they are safe houses. Then you can present her with several options. Set aside a couple hundred bucks if you can afford to, and if she shows up needing it, but refusing to stay---she could hit a motel 6. It is more difficult than I can say watching someone go through it, I cannot imagine the horrors I put my parents through! If I saw my DD go through some of it...I have no idea. Big hugs---will continue the prayers. I remember the younger DD is Shannyne (or something like) but don't remember this ones name.

All of you forgetting your tips had me scouring the calendar to see if today was Tuesday--but I am good til tomorrow!!!

I had an AHA moment last night. I had my stomach all calmed down and feeling good. I had eaten normally without issue. Then Rick and I were sitting on the love seat watching Extreme Makeover Home edition, and he grabbed a bag of pistachios we were given by my brother...so I took a handful, and within a short time, my stomach was killing me! I had eaten some before when I had the pain! This morning, I did a final test. I ate 1-----just 1 pistachio, chewed it extra well--not a chewed issue now I know, and within a short time my stomach hurt again!! So--no more pistachios for Kat!

My brother deals with boils on his face from time to time. When he was injured so badly, they wired his face together, and for no reason sometimes he gets boils, and it is the bodies natural infections fighting the wire in his system they said. Of course this was so long ago, they used different things then than now. He sure hates it, and they look so painful.

Sorry you are having problems Tracy----you have had a time of it that is for sure!

My neighbor is in quarantine now with MRSA staff infection in her open wounds from back surgery. Hoping to get her moved back out to the general floor and then to an assisted living facility while they continue her treatment. They are moving her to the same facility my MIL went to when she had the double knee replacement. Most of the patients are joint recipients--and they are letting her go there, with an open staff infection. Does that seem risky to anyone else??

I have 3 deer and a roadrunner eating in my backyard right now! It is dripping off the house in such a glare, I cannot get a good shot for a picture, dayum. Snowed some more last night...as well as all the rain, and sleet, it could not make up its mind!

Well I am off to get ready.

BBL~~

Kat

Everyone I know that's had back surgery....maybe about 5 people...have all gotten staph infections and ended up in the hospital for WEEKS. WTF??

Denise - I went thru an abusive situation, too. The police referred me to counseling at the Houston Area Women's Center and they were awesome in helping me to see what was what!! (i.e., that without lots of counseling he'll never change and it will only get worse.) There was always a waiting room full of women who could testify that was true. It was an eye-opening experience for me, to say the least.

If it were me, i would call the shelters to see which one offers free counseling and encourage her to go talk to the experts...."just to talk to someone"....so that she can better evaluate her own situation and make her own choices. Give her a hotline number at the very least if she doesn't want to go in...and make her promise to call...."just to talk". I'm very sorry you're going thru this. Very painful and scarey.

Back from the dr. OMG when he ripped a hole in that boil and started sqeezing I nearly came off the table! YIKES!!!! But, I have some relief now, thank God.

Haydee-I do not know how I got it. It is becoming a regular thing lately. Like every 3 months or so I get one and they are always in the worst delicate places.

I am going to lay down and follow the dr's orders. Take care everyone!

Glad you are feeling a little better Pam!

Jennifer, Sending you well wishes for the job. Have my fingers crossed that you get it.

Pam Bam, You really upset me and I'm mad. :D. pretzels are my inbetween snack. I like them because they kinda swell a little in my belly and that helps to make me fill full longer. Please tell me that they have some value to them.

Ok, I need a Water count. I'm up to about 60 ounces right now. Hopefully I will have 120 by the toime I go to bed.

Have a great day.

I"m up to 48 oz.

I'm being a model bandster today. 2/3 c oatmeal for bkfst and 1/2 c cottage cheese & FRESH blueberries (eh, Judy?) for lunch.

Jenn's inspired me! Thanks, Jenn!!

I had cottage cheese, FRESH blueberries ( they cost just about as much as gold here now!) and splenda brown sugar mix. Yummy dessert for Breakfast. Had my first liter of slushy Crystal Light and the second is in the freezer. 1/2 can of progresso chicken corn chowder for lunch and I just finished making chicken salad for the rest of the week's lunches. Supper tonight is turkey sausage and oven roasted veggies.

Did 50 jumping jacks on the mini trampoline plus some jogging. I'm loving it! I also ordered the Tony LIttle Rock & Roll Stepper. I'm going to build my own Curves here at the house!!

Judy, years ago there was a lady I worked with that was in her late sixties and she had a HOT body. She got complimented alot about it. Was asked what her secret was and she said she did the little trampoline almost everyday. Good luck to you and keep up the good work.

Jenn, Good for you for being an inspiration. Kudos.

I had oatmeal for breakfast, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and pineapple for lunch. 2 rye krisp for a snack and 1 bag of 100 calorie oreo bites. Still working on my Water.< /span>

ugh, doing so bad with my Water today. it's just gurgling down so slowly. I've only had one liter so far.

Had a cup of coffee for breakfast (i know, so bad...)

Half a cup tuna salad with wheat crackers for lunch

a handful of my co-workers cheetos for snack ( i know, another great choice...)

For dinner I am making chicken parmigiana (sp?) with grilled zuchinni...

I'll be starving in about an hour and I have some turkey slices that I'm gonna much on...

But then we celebrated 4 b'days yesterday (mine included) so I got my own cake. And I just took a fork to it! I ate about 1c of b'day cake. And I couldn't help myself, I finally threw the fork away and stepped back. They told me to take it home, I was like hell no, that's 20lbs right there heh.
:party:Happy Birthday, Laura!!:D

Hehe thanks, it's a week early!

Ok, I've had 1/2 bottle of Water today (big one), and had a bowl of salad and about 1c of chicken scampi noodles from Olive Garden.

I am bustin butt doin homework and I got a headache. DH sent me this, had to share with you guys

(This was a listing on Craigslist, and I love the response!!!) :D:lol:

Lease With An Options to Buy

Okay, I'm tired of beating around the bush. I'm a beautiful (spectacularly beautiful) 25 year-old girl. I'm articulate and classy. I'm not from New York . I'm looking to get married to a guy who makes at least half a million a year. I know how that sounds, but keep in mind that a million a year is middle class in New York City , so I don't think I'm overreaching at all.

Are there any guys who make 500K or more on this board? Any wives? Could you send me some tips? I dated a businessman who makes average around 200 - 250. But that's where I seem to hit a roadblock. 250,000 won't get me to central park west. I know a woman in my yoga class who was married to an investment banker and lives in Tribeca, and she's not as pretty as I am, nor is she a great genius. So what is she doing right? How do I get to her level?

Here are my questions specifically:

- Where do you single rich men hang out? Give me specifics- bars, restaurants, gyms

-What are you looking for in a mate? Be honest guys, you won't hurt my feelings

-Is there an age range I should be targeting (I'm 25)?

- Why are some of the women living lavish lifestyles on the upper east side so plain? I've seen really 'plain Jane' boring types who have nothing to offer married to incredibly wealthy guys. I've seen drop dead gorgeous girls in singles bars in the east village. What's the story there?

- Jobs I should look out for? Everyone knows - lawyer, investment banker, doctor. How much do those guys really make? And where do they hang out? Where do the hedge fund guys hang out?

- How you decide marriage vs. just a girlfriend? I am looking for MARRIAGE ONLY

Please hold your insults - I'm putting myself out there in an honest way. Most beautiful women are superficial; at least I'm being up front about it. I wouldn't be searching for these kind of guys if I wasn't able to match them - in looks, culture, sophistication, and keeping a nice home and hearth.

It's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or

other commercial interests Posting ID: 432279810

=============================================================

THE ANSWER

Dear Pers-431649184:

I read your posting with great interest and have thought meaningfully about your dilemma. I offer the following analysis of your predicament. Firstly, I'm not wasting your time, I qualify as a guy who fits your bill; that is I make more than $500K per year.

That said here's how I see it.

Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a crappy business deal. Here's why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I bring my money. Fine, simple. But here's the rub, your

looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity...in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won't be getting any more beautiful!

So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation accelerates! Let me explain, you're 25 now and will likely stay pretty hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade

begins in earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!

So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy and hold...hence the rub...marriage. It doesn't make good business sense to "buy you" (which is what you're asking) so I'd rather lease. In case you think I'm being cruel, I would say

the following: If my money were to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It's as simple as that. So a deal that

makes sense is dating, not marriage.

Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So, I wonder why a girl as "articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful" as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to believe that if you are as gorgeous as you say you are that the $500K hasn't found you, if not only for a tryout.

By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then we wouldn't need to have this difficult conversation.

With all that said, I must say you're going about it the right way. Classic "pump and dump."

I hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of lease, let me know

oh terry - I'm honored that i have inspired you. I have to convince myself to eat like this for another week. I am honestly not starving or even hungry so i'm going to take it slow and steady. I have slowed down in the loss but still holding 203... -75 so I'm happy

I just ran and ran today, got my nails done and going out for a few tonight. Going to get my laundry all done and ready for Thursday morning's interview. I'm so stinking excited.

tracyk - lmao... I could just imagine how horrible that was but glad it feels better.

tracyK hope all is well. That is such an owie, but you do get imeadiate relief (almost). Hope you are napping!!

I am having troubles with acid reflux, and the Dr.s office didn't call me back. I left another message but I think it is too late in the day for a return call. I am not able to sleep at night without horrible reflux. I am not up to 4 zantac at night and 4 in morning with a little relief. At least now I can lay down okay. Now, here comes the gross part, I don't eat for about 3 or 4 hours before bed, and really I have stopped drinking also. But I end up with something similar to sliming happening. I get a mouthful of nasty stuff and then end up kind of throwing it up. I keep a glass by my bed so if I catch it I don't have to get up, (I know TMI!!) I did get a bit of a fill two weeks ago, but it seems like I can eat fine. When she filled me I had actually lost Fluid, so she couldn't fill me as full as she wanted. Is this making sense to anyone? It has been going on for about 3 or 4 weeks and this past week has gotten really bad. Any suggestions????

Sorry that this is such a long post!! I am going to make it longer by going advanced and making it bigger.

Jane

Jane

I have not had any issues with reflux. Infact I make everything with hot peps, hot sauce or cyanne pepper... sorry, No advice from here

Janie- I haven't had anything like you are talking about but several times in the last 6 months or so I have had to take a rolaid. There's no rhyme or reason to it. I don't see a pattern on what I eat. It just happens. And it usually takes a while for the rolaid to work. Sorry your not doing well with it and hope it gets better soon.