Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Last night after we got home from our shift at the hospital, I went to go in and change my clothes. Well' I noticed that one of my rolls is missing. Now I just need to get rid of the last remaining few I have.

TracyKS, Congrats on the PS info. I still have a ways to go before mine so I too will live vicariously thru you. Good Luck.

That is soo neat about the PS!!! I am sooo happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow Haydee it is hard to believe that you went over two weeks without electricity!!! Did it take a while for your house to cool off?

Laura I hope you find the relief that you need soon!!

Busy day at work, yesterday was real busy, and somebody erased somebody and put somebody else in! Luckily I caught it, because it was part of a family. I am sure it was a accident, but it could have been a major one if I hadn't noticed it.

Well off to the showers and work!!

Tracy, $217 a month for how long?

And I read on another thread that mons lift is generally done with TT as a standard, so that was encouraging!

I am years from my TT but I definitely am going to need one.

Good morning again, Violets.. Just back from my nail appointment. Wooo hoooo Tracy on the PS!!! I don't think I'll ever be getting a TT. Insurance won't cover it and I'm too old to worry about a flat stomach for a bikini!! I'm happy with how things are shrinking and certainly don't want to go through surgery again unless it's absolutely necessary.

I tried to go in the pool, but it's down to 78 and after being in it at 90 yesterday, I just couldn't force myself. So the heater is off, the pump is off and the cover is off. It's done for the season. We'll have someone come next week to winterize it and shut it down.

I did get in the hot tub and do some exercises though so it wasn't a total loss.

We're leaving in a couple of hours for the weekend. Will be back Saturday night.

Everyone have a good weekend... will check in when I get back or if I have a spare moment at the hotel and can get online, I will. You already figured that out, didn't you???:crying::tt2:

Laura: FOREVER! LOL........ seriously though I wasn't really listening because I didn't think there would be a chance of financing!

I will know more next week at my consult.

Hi girls!!

TracyK you are too sweet to be worrying about me!!! I had to go to Albq. with Rick for his annual cardio appointment. Which went WONDERFULLY!!! The last 2 years following his ablation (cauterization of inside the heart) there is a pressure number that they have been watching and hoping it would come up and normalize again, and it did!! The normal for the pressure is between 55- 70 and he is 63!! Perfect!!!! She was thrilled with his condition, his weight loss, his BP was like 120 over 62 with no meds at all!

She ask how he lost the weight, and he told her I had had lap band surgery and for awhile he ate his meal and the other half of mine, then we finally figured out to share one meal. She ask how I did and where I went. Said she refers most of her patients to either Phoenix or Lubbock for the surgery. But I found it interesting that she as an electrophysiology cardiologist would be referring patients for lap band!!! He told her about my surgery, she looked at my poor blue belly and told him the same thing I did, that the bruise is from the intestine problem, not band related at all, because it is clear on my right side!

So we come home last night and Suzanne sent me a present, I felt so special!!!! Thank you so much for the tshirt Suzanne!!! Rick says---"That's cool, and it is the good color of blue for your eyes too"---who would have thought he would pay that much attention! THANK YOU!!! What a sweetie you are!

So I am back to a soft diet today, my Dr. called yesterday while we were shopping. I have new issues! He wants me to seriously concentrate on keeping my Protein up while I heal, and wants me to up my calorie intake to between 2000 and 2500 for a week! And to try to make it a healthy intake......how?????? I mean I can get that many calories with ice cream and candy---but my gosh I have concentrated on eliminating calories and now to increase? Something about re supplying the gut he said. He was telling me the intestine (which he always calls my gut!!!---I always think of my old hanging belly with that word!) works as a storehouse for nutrients and I broke the bank, so now I need to make extra deposits so it can have the excess to draw on as my body has a need. So Rick made me eat this meal to die for!!!!!

We went to Texas Roadhouse! I had a rib, and a piece of his steak, and a few bites of potato (loaded of course) and mushrooms on the steak, and some onion strings, and half a roll...it took me 45 minutes to eat dinner, and I drank with my meal, which was wierd! But I am really drinking to stay hydrated.

We also went to Old Navy---I bought 4 shirts....Large ones! I wanted to buy pants, but I am so swollen and lumpy and bumpy right now, I just decided to wait. I tried a pair on, but it was too much work to do that, I just did not have the energy for the dressing room. Next time!

Laura, I think we are going to have to make you like a Weight Watchers counter thing!!! Each day you need X amount of fruits and veggies, and X amount of milk.....and as you eat them you can move your counter cards!!! Glad you are getting more than it sounded like, that little baby is hungry in there!!!

Haydee so glad you have power again!!!!! What a relief for everyone to be getting back the necessities. Wish I could send you guys the food items you want. Unfortunately by the time they got there, they would look like the ones already there and no good!!!!

Judy enjoy your weekend!!!!

Pamela---wouldn't it be nice to be able to get together and make up a spaghetti dinner???

TracyKS---WOOO HOOOOO PS here you come!!! Same thing my Dr. told me about the different surgical incision options for different ways we each carry our weight, and whether the mons lift is needed. I know my incision is like totally different than like Boo Boo Kitty that showed hers on the healing site. Hers looks like a smily face, mine is nothing like that----mine is also a lot less visible. Mine seems a bit like a moot point right now I am sooooo swollen! But today is a week----and I feel so much better I cannot even tell you!

I am so thrilled you have a way to work it out!!! Yay you!!!

Terry---when does your family come in for your Moms services? I wish we could be there with you for support--we will be in spirit....so will your Mom!

Jane, glad you made it home ok. You shoe freak you! As bad as my DD. Remind me not to ever let the 2 of you get together! Ms. Marcos watch out!

Jenn---you ok?

Michelle--whats going on? PTA got you all tied up with this weeks extravaganza????

Denise---get the house back in order from the leak? My house looks like a dozen tornados tore through. Bags here and there, and me too lazy to deal with them!!!

Well I need to go see what else happen while I was gone, first thing I did was check in with my Violets!!! First things first!!! I DO have my priorities in order without a doubt!!!

Check in with you girlies in awhile! Rick is off now until the beginning of the week, so my life is gonna be wierd---don't worry.....I will be back to normal when he goes back to work!!! LOL

Kat

I am so nervous about it all...............

to think that I could actually be scheduling a tt NEXT week! and if I want my credit to NOT be checked again I will have it within 30 days! OMG I don't know how I'm going to pull it off work wise.. I currently have 103 hours of PTO and Sick but it is getting to be open enrolment time! MY SUPER UBER BUSY TIME! We could actually be talking OCTOBER... the other hurdle is telling dh...... with the way he's been about my band...... I don't know how he'd face the reality of me having a tt, and all that would mean (taking care of Robby) I'm working myself up now...... ahhhhh

Kat, That is awesome about Rick. I'm sure you guys were both relieved about it.

I was just getting on to let you know that I had mailed a package to you. They said it would get there Friday. That's good you got it sooner. I will be sending everyone one so when you all get together in June you can all wear them and take a pic for me. That way I kinda feel like I'm with you guys.

Let's see, Judy, Jane, TracyKs and Kat are taken care of. Now to work on the rest of you.

Geting ready to go take a shower. My friend and I are going to go see "Mama Mia". Neither one of us have seen it yet. Great, popcorn time!!!

Have a great day and I'll be back soon.

Hey Girls...

I'm here... doing a quick catch-up read on all of you... great news, TracyKS!!...

I am mental. That must be it. I am still so stressed out & eating like a fiend... how come I can't be one of those people who DON'T eat when they're stressed?? Ugh. Too much to worry about & not enough time to any of it well. I hate that. I keep thinking "next week it will be better"... well, maybe it will!

Love to all!!

Hi All --

TracyinKS - AWESOME NEWS!!

Kat -- AWESOME NEWS!!

Haydee - AWESOME NEWS!!

Yea! Finally some good news around here!! Woo Hoo!!

I have some good news, too! DH finally gave the nod to adopt a doggie!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited. First thing I did after hanging up the phone with him is rush to the website and fill out an application. It's a Golden Retreiver rescue operation that we adopted from before. My whole world just got brighter!!! :-D

Yeah we're in our busy season, that's why I'm havin' to work through the pain. I am constantly having to put out a fire

"This is purple, we wanted Blue.. I know you're behind schedule, but I need this tomorrow.. If you can't have this done in 2 days, even though the schedule is 5 days, you need to pay to overnight this on YOUR account for AM delivery... I don't care about extra charges or the fact that you're busy, I don't care that you have other customers, this has to be done OR ELSE (these things are actually said!!)"

My eyes are crossing. I just bought a gallon of milk at the gas station.. I love milk right now! I had a carton of 2% milk for b'fast, had egg drop Soup and some beef & broccoli for lunch.< /p>

Russell just e-mailed me this, this is from an article about Clay Aiken 'coming out'---

"This is really shocking news as I had no idea he was gay," read a comment posted by "Sheridansq." "And now I have to deal with this. I am not sure what to say to people who know I was a fan. ... I didn't go to work today and am not answering the telephone."

Talk about denial.

Did you guys hear about the aliens coming on Oct. 14th to Alabama? Our news has been talking about it, we're getting a big laugh about it at work.. Russell has been trying to sell $10m anti-alien hats, and one other employee wrote back--

Sure I'll write you a check I know I can't cover, I'll go bankrupt, you'll go bankrupt, the government will bail you out, I'll have anti-alien head gear, you'll have a $10,000,000, and the aliens still won't come.

Hehe!!

If you haven't heard.. some Australian psychic said some Indian told her that a big space craft is coming to hover over all of Alabama on Oct 14-17. Mmhm.

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/6742/

Galactic Federation of Light spaceship to appear over Alabama for 3 days continuously beginning October 14, 2008....

TO LEADERS, GOVERNERS, POLITICIANS AND

ALL PEOPLE OF EARTH ….

We wish it to be understood that on the 14th day of your month of October in the year 2008 a craft of great size shall be visible within your skies. It shall be in the south of your hemisphere and it shall scan over many of your states.

We give to you the name of Alabama.

It has been decided that we shall remain within your atmosphere for the minimum of three of your twenty four hour periods.

During this time there will be much commotion upon your earth plane. Your highest authorities will be intruding into ‘our’ atmospherics that surround our ship. This ‘security field’ is necessary for us, as there shall take place a ‘farce’ from those in your world who shall try to deny that we come in LOVE.

KNOW OF THIS

WE COME TO ASSIST YOUR WORLD.

WE DO NOT COME TO TAKE OVER.

WE DO NOT COME TO DESTRUCT.

WE COME TO GIVE YOU HOPE.

We are beings from other planets, who for many eons of your time have been preparing for these days ahead.

And I am jealous of you and the TT tracy!! :smile2:

When you do the meeting, let me know how long it takes to pay off. Just so I can get an idea.

Sso now Terry is expecting a new addition too.....part of me is VERY jealous!!!! Then the part of me that likes to take off for most of the summer weekends, says.....mmmmmmmaybe not yet!!!

Rescue dogs just seem to know they were saved and make such loving companions.

There was a letter to the editor in our paper today from someone who saved a dog the day she was due to be put down just over 5 years ago. She was malnourished, and had bad teeth and a tumor on her face/nose. The woman took her planning to at least have her know a kind human before she passed away. She had several strokes in the years between, but always bounced back and became a bouncy, happy doggy....til her last days a few days ago. The woman said originally when she rescued her she was angry at the people who used her to breed until she was not able to be a good breeder anymore, but she come to thank them for allowing her to have such a loving pet. Those stories make me want another dog! I will likely adopt a mutt from our local shelter when the time comes----I'd like a little border collie mix....we'll see, my DH is like you he wants another golden retriever---which is what he had. And he goes on and on about how smart she was!

Michelle thanks for the card----she sent me this card that has a cat sitting in a bowl of salad----I am telling you I would not have wanted to be the person responsible for taking the angry looking teeth showing cat out of the salad!!!! It was so cute, and you are a sweetie for sending it!

Went with Rick to buy the wiring for his shop, and he is out there pounding away----cable is hooked up, phone is hooked up, electricity is to the shop, now he is installing all the outlets, and switches and junk. They did the breaker box and all that jazz already. We had a hand carry basket full of switches, and plate covers and boxes that those go in, and a roll of indoor wiring---the roll of indoor wiring was like $50.00. It was 250 foot of it, because that was on sale cheaper than the 100 foot he wanted! So the kid rings it up hits total, and our total is like $12,000.00 some dollars!!! I said I don't think so!!! The shop didn't hit us that hard! He looked all shocked, and for some reason he had looked at the fact there was 250 foot of wire and charged 250 of them!!! Can we say VOID fast enough???? So they fixed it and $80 later we left!!! Someday the shop will be finished enough when he gets enough of me he can go to his man cave to escape!

I found something else to put with my Secret Santa gift today!!!

Rick has a ball game tonight. The game the other night was a fiasco! Our friend Jason got kicked out of the ball park, and there was a HUGE fight type thing, because the field ump made a bad call--the 2nd baseman pulled her foot and the runner was safe, even the plate ump overruled the field ump---but Jason said "Go back to Walmart" where I guess the guy is an undercover security guard and he got livid!! Come storming across the field, and ordering him out of the park, and spit was flying from his mouth. Then he went and told the head umpire that all this crap was said that wasn't! Jason was sitting in front of me, actually at one point had his elbow on my knee----as he turned around and talked to Leslie, La Donna and I---we were right there, and this ump is saying he challenged him, and also told the head umpire, that he referred to her as a dyke----which was totally untrue we had not even known she was involved. So tonight might get interesting, it isn't like our team needs all the umps against us, especially since none of what he said was true!!

One of the secretaries who is from the other company team, but was there watching, typed up a letter detailing what actually happen, and she contacted as many of us who were in the stands as possible to sign it. Guy had a chip on his shoulder over working at Wally I guess!!!

While we were in the mall today we bought the grandkids snowsuits and coats. They were putting out the girls, and Rick thought that one was too perfect for Kinsey so we got it then we found one with race cars for Connor. Bought them that and some cozies (warm footed jammies). He seldom gets to kid shop with me----he is more extravagant than Granny!!!

Will check in later----still in swell hell. Itching is better, bruising is getting colorful. A week ago I was in surgery as I type! I am SOOOOOOOOO much better!!!

Kat