Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Laura, Kat makes a good point about the 'grabber' thing. I wish I was closer and I could lend you the elevated toilet seat we have here. My mom used it and they're great when you have back problems. You may want to look at your local drug store or medical supply rental. It would at least make going to the bathroom easier. I definitely can relate to the depression you're talking about...thinking you're never going to feel normal again. I remember falling to my knees in pain and crying loudly all because I leaned over to brush my teeth. I took lots and lots of drugs to make it better and did stretches as well, but you are at a huge disadvantage being pregnant. I cannot imagine what it could be!? Are you in line for a scan or what's next??

TracyinKS - oh yes, I've been a jewelry-making fool...at least one project a day. Have a couple of them in my store and a couple that I'm keeping. My 'studio' (aka dining room) looks like a tornado (or a hurricane) hit it.

For some reason I've lost 2# during this last week which is amazing considering all the junk I've been eating!? But it's the same 2# I've been gaining and losing forever. This a.m. I weighed 181. Ho hum.

Kat - got your email with #'s....thanks. I'll be anxious to hear.

Oh, got a text from Haydee earlier. She's at the ofc today and home situation is the same. :) But she's doing alright.

Kat~ I sent you an email...when you can! Take care and we will check on you! Love ya, xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Here are a couple of pics....one is debris in galveston on the seawall...the other is a house in our neighborhood.

post-220113-13813137577625_thumb.jpg

post-220113-13813137577826_thumb.jpg

Got home from our hospital shift. We were really busy tonight. We enjoy going so much but we are very tired by the time we get home.

Didn't get to take doggie walking today so don't know if the Hawk was waiting for us.

Kat, You have all my prayers going with you. I will be keeping you in my mind till I hear from one of the Vi's.

TracyinKS, you have my cell #. I will be busy mowing grass at the church all day tomorrow, so just send me a text and I will get back with you as soon as I can. Is Robby coming Saturday? Hope so, I would like to meet him.

Dr. Oz says there is no exercise pill. #@%& *&^% $%#@

Weather has been beautiful here but we are going to close the pool this weekend. I'm so sad, my tan is already fading. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an early spring.

So Saturday night we aren't pigging out???????? All right, I guess. No really, that's good. I still need to keep on track. I'm so looking forward to a great evening. Jane, don't forget to bring Cross Stitch I gave you. I will help you with it. I'll bring some of my stuff to show you.

Have a great one and am sending Purple Power to all my girls that need it.

Hey gals

I am going to bed, this is crazy week.... ok out of control... walking, going to the gym, working, gyno, cyst, lots of pain, running out of health insurane 10/1 so i can either rush and fix my insides or .... wait until 11/1 when my new ins kicks in.

I am exhausted and so financially tapped, I'm just so on overload

I didn't take a before of ds play room which is in the works of being my laundry room... but i'm going to take pics of my empty, now dirty kitchen with no table before they take the cabinets out Saturday. My sister called freaking out, they are taking the cainets out of her house tomorrow, so ran like a crazy woman to get a u haul truck there so they will load them for me. It is going to take me forever but it will be nice when I'm done

I'm goingto bed.....

I had personals for everyone but i'm just out of control tired and can't think

love ya'l

Tracy and Pamela, didn't see the last episode, but caught the last two minutes to see who won! I forgot to tape it.

Tracyks and Suzie, I think the food police will be gone this weekend from Kansas City, so we can eat whatever we like!!!

Laura and Kat feel better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the new stuff on etsy Terry!!!!

Judy how are you?

Hi Jenn and Haydee!!

Michelle special hugs to you!!

Jane

Laura - I was tossing and turning in bed.....thinking of you tossing and turning in bed and it came to me!! ACUPUNCTURE!! I have never tried it, but my 84 y.o. mother-in-law has pretty severe chronic sciatica and she says it helps. It sure can't hurt the baby, so why not give it a try??

I had forgotten about this but when my back was hurting I went to a Reiki healer, too. That was a strange and wild experience but my back did get better immediately. I won't refer you to the practice though, because Wikipedia says recent studies show it's a bunch of hooey. The placebo effect is probably how it worked for me. Reiki is big in California, maybe Pam knows people who have experience with it.

Good Thursday Morn, Vi's~~

Another day! Just the usual today... work, house stuff, kids' activities. Tomorrow the kids are off school for "Fair Day" -- our county fair. Then on Saturday my friend's daughter comes to stay w/us 'til Weds night (the one who's other dd is in treatment in Utah, she's going for her first visit with her!). So things will continue their swift pace around here for the foreseeable future. One thing I can say -- there's never a dull moment around here!!

I'm oh-so-close to breaking my all-time low of 231... I'm 233.8 today... so maybe next week?? I've just got to get this exercise thing to where it's just part of what I do, part of the routine of my life, and then I think it'll be easier. What do they say? That it takes 21 days to create a new habit? Well then, 19 to go!

Massive purple thoughts for Kat today... & Laura... our hurtin' Violets. (I have this image of a literal fluffy, huge purple cloud enveloping Kat that's with her wherever she goes!)

Make it a good one, Vi's! One good choice at a time! Drink your water! Move a little! Smile! We can do this!!

Good Morning Violets~

Back to School Night has come and gone. I bought a boat load of Cookies and only had 6 parents show! It is hard on my families. The paper the school sends out says please "parents only", but the kids come in anyway. Even w/ a small group of parents...I had them laughing, and not at me, so that is good.

I've been too swamped and trying to adjust to the new schedule. I need to build in exercise, and balance it w/ 2 jobs and the diss. I haven't worked on diss in 6 or 7 days...hate that. One thing I know for sure...IT WON'T WRITE ITSELF!

Oh well...enough of me blahblahblahing.

Kat and Laura~ Well wishing and healing purple power.

Terri~ how are you holding up since mom...I am sure the 27th can't come soon enough for you!xoxooxox

Everyone have a great day!

Good Morning, Violets..

It's a beautiful morning here today. Only 49 degrees and the furnace came on again, but the sun is shining and all is right with the world. EXCEPT... we have to get all our Violet Sistahs in a good place health-wise and emotionally.

Michelle.. your siggy says it all. What a difference in the two pics. You look absolutely sleek and slender in the second pic. You have got to be so pleased. Now on to the next picture when you are at goal!

PamELa... Luckily our school never had Open House the first week of school. Living 62 miles away, I wouldn't have arrived home until 10 p.m. and then have to get up at 4:30 the next day to start all over again. We had parents come into school during the day to visit and even that went by the wayside. But then again in Kindergarten we had moms coming in each Friday to help with Centers and Friday Cookin'. We always had a great group of moms to help with different things.

Kat and Laura.. sure wish I could make it all better for you two. When a Violet hurts, every Violet hurts. We're all really concerned for you and wishing you complete recovery.

Susie... I'm trying to get into the pool today for probably the last time. It gets so darn cool at night, but is really pleasant during the day. I'm going to turn on the heater and see if we can get it up to acceptable today so I can get in this afternoon.

TracyK.. those pictures are incredible. I can't begin to imagine the destruction there. You are very lucky to have a house to return to!!

Haydee.. we miss you and are anxious to have you back here!!

Jenn.. take it one day at a time. Breathe... it will be fine. You always seem to land on your feet and this time won't be any different.

Terry.. went to your site and the jewelry is so beautiful. How many have you sold so far??

TracyinKS.. hope you're doing better. I know meeting up with Susie and Jane is going to brighten your day. Just wish we could all do that more than once a year.

Sorry if I've missed anyone.. everyone have a great day. I'm off to get my shower and get dressed and then have lunch with a friend and then hopefully jump in the pool later this afternoon.

The best laid plans...

Just got home from picking up DS from HS... he's got a cold & sore throat & is exhausted & miserable. He's upstairs sleeping now. I think it's probably a bit of the new school year & his athletic schedule catching up w/him, too (soccer EVERY day... 3 games this week!). He's been the star of the team so far... out of a total 6 goals for the team this year, he's scored 4 & assisted w/the other 2!! He's loving it... but as I said... I think it's all catching up w/him!!

NOW I'm off to finally BEGIN my day!!