Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Group Hug!!

((Laura, TracyK, TracyKS, Kat!, Jenn, Pam, Lunasa, Suzie, Janie, Judy, Haydee, Terri, & Me!!))

I did it! I am so proud of myself. I have been putting it off ALL YEAR since we joined the Y in January. I went to the Health & Fitness Center & got all oriented (that's what they think, anyway... I'm not so sure about how much I'll remember about all those weight machines when I go back to do that on Thursday... hardy har har!!)... + I did 25 mins on the treadmill... My arms are all wibble-dee wobble-dee!!

AND... I re-activated my Bodybugg subscription... so am now back to tracking my food + it tracks my activities... so... I'm on the yellow brick road of fitness!! Now just have to follow it & not veer off into the woods!!

Yes, Jenn... my Y has that Fitlinx or whatever you typed... too cool!

TX girls... I second what... someone... Kat?... wrote earlier... about if you all need anything, please let us know!! I would be happy to make a donation to a generator fund or whatever will be needed... I like knowing that my charitable contributions are actually going where they're supposed to... so if I can bypass the middle-man & donate directly to you all... or send you needed supplies... please don't hesitate to let us know!!!

Off to try to get at least a LITTLE work done today... all I've done all day is workout & stuff for ME!! How NOT like me!! I might get used to this!! :)

Kat: You will always be a violet at heart!!!! But you know Charles accused me of having an affair with my violets.. STUPID and Insecure.. but that's how he felt.........

I weighed this morning........ 185.. I am creeping up.. I need water.. I need to quit having a drink or two every night after work.... I need to get with the program........

blech....... I'm a downer, I can't stand being a downer, blech...

My heart goes out to you all! It really does, I'm just sucking at being supportive right now.... blech... I'm trying to pull myself out of it.

Tracy, I am drinking enough Water and everything else for ALL of us.....of course it all comes right back up!!!

Manda and I just had this conversation again in regards to their close friend Justin getting dumped. We, meaning Manda and I have always been on different levels of "needy". She can go days without contact, and be confident and sure of herself and me, or whoever. She is not distant, but does not require hourly calls just to check in, or constant reminders of the fact that you love her! How I managed to raise her that way I have no idea, I am much more needy than that! I like the calls and the reminders, they do not make me feel boxed in or controlled.....and her they do! The ex boyfriend Ryan was super needy, he called her many times every day, he wanted to know about everything she did----and it was not distrust on his part, it was like a dog begging for admission into her life. She resented it, and he felt shrugged off----I know, my own DD has made me feel the same way before!!!

They were on both ends of the spectrum....Rick and I fall somewhere between, and are closely matched in our needs. Although there are definitely times that one of us has a needy attack!!!

I think it is really hard when spouses, or family members are so far apart on the issue without realizing it. I finally figured it out when Manda was in junior high.....and we have been able to discuss our own needs. She might know she is fine, but I NEED her to call and check in. In HS of course it was a battle of the wills. Now she has a DD who is as needy as Granny, and she recognizes if Kinsey just didn't talk to her----it would be heart breaking!! So she works on it. Jace and her are similarly matched, they are pretty good at the autonomy thing........

Anyway Tracy----sounds like you and Charles may have some differences in your own needy selves!!!

And I do love you all......but an affair???? Nah!!!

Back to my recliner----I am so tired!

Kat

Afternoon, Violets..

Just got back from lunch at Hunans. I had the buffet, but it sure is a waste of money for me. But at least I don't have to worry about left overs to take home. Did good on the eating, though I didn't have any breakfast. That will come back to bite me in the butt this evening.

PamELa.. see if you can figure out what it means!!

I got a text message from TracyK.. They are going home, their lights are on! I'm anxious to hear how everything in their home fared during the hurricane.

GYAIG... I have a guess... but don't want to spoil it for Pammers!...

It's what I'm trying to do!!!

OK...I got it...GET YOUR ASS IN GEAR!

LOL!

I just got a text from Haydee! Still no power and has to conserve the generator so she can't use her cell much! She misses us...and I know we miss her. All the violets being together...thank goodness we have our trip to look forward to.

I need to GMAIG too! Maybe go on a bike ride tonight w/ my better half. I need to get the VJJ used to the seat. It only takes a few days!

Man, just had a great math lesson on the Properties. I love it when I am "on". I was observed for 15 min so I planned a kick ass lesson...it rocked!

Can NOT wait to hear from Tracyk when she gets back!!!

BBL

xoxoxoxoxo

There ya go. I knew you'd figure it out soon enough.

Got great news. My cruising buddy Kathy got her approval today and is scheduled for surgery 10/10. She's soooooo excited. And I'm so excited for her. This is going to make a big difference in her quality of life. She's 65 and has difficult with her hips and knees and the band is going to help her get the weight off and improve her ability to get around. We have two in our support group having surgery in October and one had it 3 weeks ago. I'm looking forward to the meeting this Saturday.

$1.00 Butter Burgers at Culvers today so you know where the Bobster and I will be having dinner. Then it's off to rehearsal once again.

Laura.. sure hope you get some relief soon. Sure does sound painful.

TracyinKS.. we can do this!! We're all in the same boat right now. We just have to haul as....errrrrrr anchor and get it going in the right direction again.

Glad to hear that Haydee checked in today.

Kat.. how are you doing?? Thinking about you all day today..

Michelle... good for you with the exercise!!! You KNOW those stubborn pounds are going to start coming off now. Time for me to GMAIG too!!

Everyone have a good evening. will check back after rehearsal..

HeyV's..

GP wanted to give me a steroid injection, muscle relaxers, anti-inflammatory and pain meds.. but he wanted to talk to my obgyn first (good thing)... he told me, she said NO to injection, and said there are no anti-inflammatories she is comfortable with during the 1st trimester--he was saying he disagrees, but that he wants to go with her opinion, which i do agree..but.... sigh.. of all those things, steroids & anti-inflam would be what HEALS it.. but she told him a muscle relaxer & pain med I can take.. I took both around 2:30, and I feel no different.. not even loopy from the pain meds.. he gave me hydrocodine.. He told me i need to stay home in bed till monday... argh.. i have been so restless, but i can't sit down so i can't go to work..been working from home, but it's a lot harder, i have to call people at work to check on stuff instead of walking down the hall myself.

hope everyone is having a good day

tracy when i read your posts with all the 'blech' i imagine a vomiting sound lol..so it made your post funny to read

Home from the fuel station. Spoke with my band Dr. again, he got the reports from my PCP and was extremely unhappy that I did not contact him over the weekend, he told me another 24 hours and it would have been moot point, I would have keeled over and it would have been iffy if they could have saved me! He is such a pompous guy, and he is very to the point....so I am behaving. Drinking FUZE, and making ice chips to melt of it, he recommended a couple of drinks, this one I like!!!

Eyes are some better, skin is a lot better, I am still having issues with sleep....2 hours a night is not doing it. I tried to nap today and between people coming and calling, I got no nap.

Laura I am so sorry you are hurting, Manda had sciatic nerve issues the entire time she carried Kinsey---there were several days she would call me from bed, needing help out, since she had slept in after Jase had left for work, she needed help. She too has kidney issues, she has only got one functioning kidney and it has a double pelvic wall.....so swelling from any number of things affects her body and nerve structure different than the normal human frame-----sounds as though you are the same.

Pamela, I love hearing you happier about your class!!! You deserve a good one this year! By this time last year you were already down and knew it was not going to be a banner year. Yay for you!!!

Well.....I need to find some juice......I will check back.

Loves ya!

Kat

Got home from my evening shift and fixed me a salad. It was delicious.

I have to work at 6am and than have an appointment to get a oil change and tire rotation. Than a few free hours and than our shift at the hospital.

Went to my weigh in this morning and lost. Not much but it was a loss. I'll work a little better on it this week. I have been really good at exercising, it's just the snacking that I've done to much of.

Today was so beautiful and after my running around this morning I came home and told ubby I was going to take doggie for a walk. He decided to join me and off we went. We ended up walking thru a new sub-division that they have put the roads in and the electrical. There are four new gorgeous homes there. Anyway we were just walking along and hubby told me to keep an eye on doggie, I was thinking that there was a stray dog hanging around and he said "no, look up". Sure enough, circleing overhead was a hawk. I reeled doggie in and had him about 5 feet in front of me. We watched the hawk and he just circled. Finally after about a minute he took off. He was either eye-balling doggie or he was telling us that we were in his territory and we need to leave. Not sure I will take that route again.

So, is this one big orgy we are having. One big love-fest. My hubby knows that I talk to you everyday and he knows almost as much about you all as I do. I tell him alot. Anyway, he would never think that I would put you guys before him but he also knows that I need to do what I can to help ease my weight loss. You guys are instrumental in this journey I am taking. I trust all of you to guide me and to listen to my good times and my bad times. Thank you for being there when I need you.

Jenn, I'm still motivated and execising like crazy. I plan to keep going as long as my feet keep me going.

Have a great evening. Big Hugs to all of you.

Well just got home and forgot to tape bb. I saw the last 2 minutes so I do know who won.

Had my sleep study last night, and am so sleepy today. Instead of kicking my legs 40 times an hour, he said I did it 80 times an hour. He said it is getting much worse and I need to get a transfusion of iron!! From a hemotologist. I told him I would have to think about it. Crazy huh! If I didn't know I had it is it really bothering me? I say no. He said I don't know it is bothering me til it is not bothering me. I am def. going to research this on the computer. He also gave me a scrip for this requip stuff and he said one of the side effects is hallucinations and this "Impulse control symptoms, including pathological gambling and hypersexuality, have been reported" I had to get it from website!! Bet you guys are impressed that I could cut and paste!!

Anyways, hang in there Kat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs to all Texas vi's!!

Special hug to Tracyks!!!!!!!!!!

Hey V's~

I am finally on...I tried bunches last night! I hope everyone is well.

Kat, Laura, Haydee, Tracy and Terri...I am wishing you all health, speedy recoveries, and good feelings of being home, safe, and happy!xooxox

Last night, we went on another bike ride! It was fun and it hurt 30% less on...well, you know. Just need to get 'er used to it, lol!

We have Back to School Night tonight...sigh! I just makes for a really long day! I'll pop in from work...everyone have a great day!

xoxoxoxoxooxoxox