Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Morning Ladies~

Tracy~ I know you are so far from "normal" but it feels great to see your post when I get on at 5:30am! That is my idea of "normal" and we've missed you. So how long is indefinitely? What do the kiddos do/go??? What are you gonna do at home w/ no Water? No electricity I can do (raised poor...that sometimes happened) but no water??? Like w/ the potty? food? Honey...I have plenty of room here! I wish I could help!

Laura~ Honey...OOOOO my, so sorry to hear about your back. I get these time spans w/ back pains...and my chiro puts me on electric stim. 15 min and I am a new woman. I don't know if that would help or hurt baby Violet. Take care of yourself!xoxoox

House~ Good to hear your ok...I can't imagine what ya'll are going through!

Terri~ How are you doing today? Do you work today? That might be a dumb question. From the pix, ya'll are far from back to normal. When do the locals think the waters will go away? You too can come stay w/ me!

Miss Haydee~ Time for a check in!

Kat~ OOOO gosh sister...you need to take care of yourself. That is sooo scarey. Do you see the doc today? Keep melting stuff! xooxoxoxox

Everyone have a great day! Gonna get my teeth cleaned after work, then come home and work more! I graded 31 graduate papers yesterday! I have 5 more to go!

xoxooxxoxoxoxo

Good morning, I must have gotten hot in the middle of the night and turned my thermostat way down!!! It is freezing in here!!!! Can't blame anyone else!!! I set it to under 60!!!

Busy day running a bunch of errands and appointments. Hope to get my oil changed, then tonight I have another stupid sleep study!

Glad to see you posting Tracy!!!

Jane

Good Morning, Violets..

Haydee just sent me a text message. She says.. "Let the girls know my family and I are ok. Still without power. Today we are going to stand in line to get gas to power the generator. Fun, fun, fun... I'll check in again when I can." So all the Texas Violets are checked in and accounted for. Whew.

Ethan is here so I can't sit long to post.

Laura.. take care of yourself. Hope you get some relief!

Kat..Wishing you well too..Sure hope you don't have to have the band removed, but you do what you have to do to stay healthy.

Gotta go answer the "MOMOM!" call.

BBL.....

Nobody is going to work today in my world. We have power at the office but no computer or phone lines...so what's the point? I'm trying to figure out the best way to help today....may go give blood, the hospitals are in short supply. It's hard to know what is the right thing to do...they ask us to stay home. I have a bad case of 'survivor guilt'.

Laura - I am so sorry about your back pain. Wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy! I hope you get some relief soon, sweetie.

Good morning, I agree with Pamela, everything seems just a little more "right" in my world when I wake up to see TracyK's morning post!!!

I have been on the phone 3 X with my band doc's office. They are calling and working out a swallow study for me as I type this. When they tell me to go, I am gone! Not sure when they will work it. I have an appointment with my PCP at 2 this afternoon-----so I can get referrals if I need them, and to have him on board with what all is going on. I want to say some things are seeping through----I am still urinating this morning....and I have tears, something I did not have the other night. So wierd to cry with no tears!! BUT I need more nourishment than the little I am getting without question. All parties are agreed on that.

Band Dr. says it does not sound like a slip, sounds like my band is receiving too much pressure.....so unsure what can be done about that. My PS likely pulled me too tight over the top of it, and that could be what is causing the swelling I am experiencing right over the top of it----or visa versa......but sounding like the 2 are related.

Is a relief to know something will be figured out anyway---I am pretty scared. Do I want to lose my band? HELL no!! BUT.....I do not want it to cause me life long issues either. I am well within my goal weight Tracy---this morning the scale is reading 153. The loss should slow down, now with me taking in so much sugar and with everyone gone, and Kinsey at my Moms I am not doing anything to burn any off. Besides shaking, I am frozen as any popsicle I have eaten!

Well I am set up, leaving right now to go do the swallow study----results to be sent by computer to my band Dr, ASAP following the study this IS an emergency they said to remind them.

Ironically, I am drinking a 7-Up and it seems to be settling.....who the hell knows???? I have the 2 PM appt. as well I am keeping to keep my PCP in the loop so I can get referrals if needed. So will be home later today and check in.

Love to all!

Kat

I'm sorry, Kat. Well, even if you lose your band, you have gotten to goal and you have your TT. And you have us to keep you accountable. You'll be OK. (((Hugs))) Your health right now is most important.

Me again!

Make me accountable! -- I've made an appointment for tomorrow 9am to get an official orientation to all the equipment & weights @ the Y. I HAVE to start exercising again... I've all but stopped... ok, I have stopped... but after basically "maintaining" since May (the same 5lbs up & down & up & down), I really want to finish this thing & it's finally sinking into this thick skull that the only way to do that is to MOVE this BOOTY!! I'm also going to re-activate my Bodybugg subscription. My eating is fine (basically)... it's gotta be the exercise...

((Kat)) let us know as soon as you hear something!!

I need accountability, someone remind me I don't want to get fat because I seem to be confused..even when I am putting crap in my mouth I shouldn't eat, I say "Don't, you're going to get fat" and I still do it, and say "I'll worry about it later". Ugh.

I went to chiro as soon as I woke up, told them the problem so they got me right in. He said it seems like I upset the muscles around my tailbone, but since I didnt fall he doesn't think it's broken.. so he did an adjustment, told me I need to not sit down today (no work), told me to go home, lay in bed and ice it every hour. He said the adjustment should make me feel better in 5 hours (now).

About an hour ago, the throbbing while laying down finally subsided, but I got up to get the ice pack and all the moving position pain is as bad as ever :embaressed_smile:

He said if I have no relief by tomorrow, he's going to call my GP and find out what anti-inflammatories I can take. One good thing, he said he doesn't think it's my bone spur, which makes me happy..was so worried pressure on it was causing this, and Im not even showing yet, couldnt imagine how it would feel with a big belly pushing on my back.

Going back to my judge shows.. judge mathis made me weepy this morning.. heh.

I hate that a couple of our Violets are sick ((Kat)) ((Laura))! Some are displaced ((TracyK))! Some are MIA ((Haydee))! Some are suffering from guilt and grieving ((Terri))! Some are struggling with family stuff ((Denise))!

Hang tough Violet Sisters! I am just hoping that sooner, rather than later, we all heal from this shitty month. Thats right, I've said it. So many of us got crappy news this month! Our glass (month) is have full (over) ladies!

xoxoxooxxxooxxo

Afternoon Everyone.

Hey HH. Good to hear from you.

I've been busy as a dog today. Started work at 6 am. and than went to Sister's to help her with some Insurance stuff. Came home and started in mowing the grass, than put chemicals in the pool. I varnished a shelf that I had stained yesterday, took doggie for a small walk. came back and switched my summer flags to Autumn flags than went and swept the pool. And just a few other little things inbetween.

Tracy, That's funny about packing the clothes. I probably would have done the same thing. Hope you have power when you get home.

Kat, My Doc said that if you had a slipped band that you wouldn't even be able to swallow your spit. Keeping my fingers crossed all works out for you.

We have had the most beautiful day here today. If no one got out to enjoy it I feel sorry for them. I know that with all that has gone on in the last few days with the hurricane that I don't have anything to complain about but we had 3 days of rain. Rain and more rain. Somewhere over 6 inches. So this morning when the Sun came out you should have seen my happy dance. I was ready to take off and walk forever. It's so pretty here.

Everyone have a great evening.

6 days till I meet up with Jane and Tracy and Robby. :tt1: